News Clarko gone - Hawthorn coach exit brought forward to end of 2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Let the games begin.

A lot of our supporters owe a few in the media an apology!!

Who could have seen this one coming from mile off…

Hawthorn have essentially decided to become completely dysfunctional for no reason.

4 flags, 18 years and a golden handshake from Kennett for an unproven assistant to take his place.

Collingwould

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
Brunswick West
AFL Club
Collingwood

Hawthorn have essentially decided to become completely dysfunctional for no reason.

4 flags, 18 years and a golden handshake from Kennett for an unproven assistant to take his place.
agree, this feels off for them....feels like Collingwood to be sadly honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree, this feels off for them....feels like Collingwood to be sadly honest
Similar, but at least Buckley was a Premiership assistant and Malthouse was

1. Getting on in years
2. A 1 flag in over a decade coach

This makes the Buckley transition look relatively smooth

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
When I was younger I thought Clarkson was a ****wit, probably because I'd never been around a man that punched holes in walls and thought it was outrageous that he tried to get at Matty Lloyd in the carpark of the MCG.
But man, who wouldn't want to play for a coach that'd attempt to bash the other team's captain for you. He handled the 2012 Grand Final loss with class and perspective, then three peated and never developed a sense of FIGJAM about him. Truly the best coach of the modern era.

Similarly, I currently think Sam Mitchell is a ****wit, but I hope to never sway from that opinion.

Reckon the bolded bloke might be the reason. No one's bigger than ol' Jeffy.

Reckon the bolded bloke might be the reason. No one's bigger than ol' Jeffy.
At least Clarko knows how it feels to be a 1990s state school in a lower socioeconomic area now lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back