Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Croft kids have kicked 8 and 7 goals so far this year

It was reported earlier in this thread that only one of them is playing footy. Not doubting what you're saying, but there's always a chance there are others with the same surname. Do you know for a fact it's both of Matthew's boys?

It was reported earlier in this thread that only one of them is playing footy. Not doubting what you're saying, but there's always a chance there are others with the same surname. Do you know for a fact it's both of Matthew's boys?
Have they got a sister? I'm hoping for Lara Croft for the Dogs AFLW team.

It'd certainly kick the membership tally along.

Please make it happen.

Jordan - http://maps.sportingpulse.com/team_...199462399&client=1-3922-48434-340280-23669184
Mitchell - http://maps.sportingpulse.com/team_...40280-23669184&pID=200013934&news_task=DETAIL

It's not bags of 7 and 8, just the number kicked this season. Does suggest they're playing up forward though

Early days but cooneys son looks a future gun. Division 1 leading goal kicker in under 13s in Geelong😂

C84A8AF4-10F8-43B8-AC68-22A544A83073.png

I've heard Adam Cooney is petitioning the AFL to change the F/S rules to 30 game eligibility :tearsofjoy:

I've heard Adam Cooney is petitioning the AFL to change the F/S rules to 30 game eligibility :tearsofjoy:
It would be ROFL funny if he becomes the first son of a #1 pick to go at #1 and he's tied to us under FS rules.

Of course, he doesn't have to nominate himself as a FS candidate. He could just hope that Essendon win the spoon in 5 years. That's probably a reasonable chance.

I think they would need to change the definition of playing a game. I saw some of Cooney’s so called games at Essendon - he may have been on the field but that is about it…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think they would need to change the definition of playing a game. I saw some of Cooney’s so called games at Essendon - he may have been on the field but that is about it…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coons had some big moments across his 200+ games at the Dogs, but winning 5 of 31 games and a wooden spoon at Essendon obviously touched a place deep in his heart. Either that or he's just eternally grateful that they topped up his super for an extra 2 years when it was clear he was absolutely cooked lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when do we start worrying about the "Blakey precedent" in regards to Harry and Jack Cameron?
Do we need to start hoping Leon get's fired next year?

Also am I correct in asuming that Tom and Sonny Garlick and now Jarvis Murphy are safe in the West?
There is no way that they can be considered part of Freo's academy right?

So when do we start worrying about the "Blakey precedent" in regards to Harry and Jack Cameron?
Do we need to start hoping Leon get's fired next year?

Also am I correct in asuming that Tom and Sonny Garlick and now Jarvis Murphy are safe in the West?
There is no way that they can be considered part of Freo's academy right?
Kids need to be in the zone for more than 3 years to be part of any other teams Academy program
Plus they can decline to be nominated as part of any academy (same applies to NGA programs)

Billy Kolyniuk (Western Bulldogs)

The son of former Western Bulldogs champion Steven Kolyniuk, the 181cm defender is draft eligible this year as a father-son prospect for the Bulldogs. Kolyniuk has been playing for the Western Jets in the NAB League this season.

Sam Darcy (Western Bulldogs)

The 204cm Oakleigh Chargers tall is the son of former Western Bulldogs best-and-fairest winner Luke Darcy and is an exciting prospect viewed by recruiters as a top-three draft pick this year. Darcy has great agility, a good pair of hands and kicks goals. He has played both as a key defender and key forward this year and has shown his ability at both ends. His athleticism means he can even play on a wing.

Ewan MacPherson (Western Bulldogs)

A 179cm midfielder, MacPherson was draft eligible in 2020 and was considered unlucky by some not to be picked up. The son of 188-game Footscray player Stephen MacPherson and brother of current Gold Coast Suns onballer Darcy MacPherson, the 19-year-old trained with the Bulldogs during pre-season and has played some VFL games for Footscray on top of his NAB League commitments with the Northern Knights this year.

I wonder if Emac is just a bit too small? Sounds rich from the team with Caleb Daniel in the side, but players under 180 seem to need some real advantages to get picked up, and Emac might be a bit vanilla.

Billy Kolyniuk (Western Bulldogs)

The son of former Western Bulldogs champion Steven Kolyniuk, the 181cm defender is draft eligible this year as a father-son prospect for the Bulldogs. Kolyniuk has been playing for the Western Jets in the NAB League this season.

Played 7 matches this year averaging...

7 disposals at 68% efficiency
2 contested possessions
2 marks
1 inside 50
1 rebound 50
2 tackles
35 ranking points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back