Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We would've heard something about it by now. It's been heavily rumoured we won't be with canterbury next year and a significant factor in that decision has been their apparent inability to quickly produce player issue gear. we've had far fewer one-off jumpers than we usually do these last few seasons, in the last 2 it's only been the indigenous jumpers (notice we only wore it once this year when we usually prefer to wear them a few times, or even have an inverse version)

Hopefully we get Puma next year and it's back to having a really good home jumper and fun variations.
Definitely 100% we are dropping Canterbury and going with Puma from 2022.
Got some excellent sports merchandise inside knowledge 👍
2C548AE5-FBA5-433D-A3BB-6756966928B9.gif

As an 18th placed side, we’ve been up and about for a fairly long stretch of games. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we get touched up in one or two of our last four games. Three of them are against teams with a heck of a lot to play for. It would be a really great effort if we could maintain the rage for the entire duration of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Purely based on caution like they have done for Powell, I would have thought they would have given Mahony more time to let his shoulders recover given how hard he throws his body into packs and give Phillips a longer break.

But at the same time. Cunnington, TT, Atley and Zuurhar all out in the same week almost has me at 70 percent certain were tanking. Had Tarrant not come back it would have been 100

Why would it indicate we are tanking? Three of the outs are forced and one is out of form.

North Melbourne don’t tank.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would it indicate we are tanking? Three of the outs are forced and one is out of form.

Very strange take on the outs. We have given plenty of chances to youth but we are certainly putting teams out there to win each week.

Win, lose or draw, i wanna see that whiny campaigner Chris Scott crack the :poo:'s at least once or twice, but the more the merrier.

Win, lose or draw, i wanna see that whiny campaigner Chris Scott crack the :poo:'s at least once or twice, but the more the merrier.

🤣 Unfortunately, there is a far bigger chance that we will collectively crack the :poo:’s more than once in the gameday thread…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very strange take on the outs. We have given plenty of chances to youth but we are certainly putting teams out there to win each week.
Agree totally . We have so far picked the best side possible to win week in week out this season.
I mean , What else could we do with our forced changes this week ?
Cunners , CamZ & TT all injured. Atley dropped , I would not call it tanking .
I reckon some people (opposition supporters) included who have teams near the bottom use the word / excuse “tanking” as a form of making themselves feel better when they go into work on Monday after a loss.
You heard many times & I believe every honest word Noble says “we are not tanking” & are trying to win every game .

Saturday 31 July
Summary
rain.png
Min 9Max 16Light rain at times.Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mmChance of any rain: 60%
rain_60.gif
Hobart area
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of light rain, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h turning northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

Probably slippery, decent wind and chill factor of around 2deg c, who knows, the weather might be to our favour if we play the ground according to conditions. When was the last time Gbong played at Bellerive?

Okay thanks Dr Google, Gbong have never played at Bellerive, another factor in our favour, despite the mystics and statistics I'm approaching this match with a positive mindset, conditions suit North I think we will shade the Cats to win by less than a goal in a tough low scoring affair where I predict 3 Cat players will be reported for striking (not sure if there is a betting market for this sort of thing but there should be) Go Roos!!!

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's tongue in cheek. But I still think it was weird that TT's concussion wasn't cited during the game. Especially with the constant screening during games. More so, it's pretty disappointing that it wasn't attended quicker considering the footage showed him hitting his head against the ground during the tackle. From the AFL's point of view that's disappointing and that's letting the players health and well being down.

And my point with Atley was, why drop him now? He hasn't played any better or worse during the year. So my thoughts are that they're either going to rest him and play younger guys for the rest of the year, so Atley is fresh for 2022?
Or he is going to be delisted.
Having that extra senior figure out there would help against a team like Geelong when trying to go for a win.

Also, Zurhaars shoulder looked cooked since before the essendon game. He really shouldn't have played then or last week

Sorry ferbs but if he got concussed in that 4th goal tackle, its a shame but in no way whatsoever should result in a reprimand. The game would be absolutely broken if that resulted in a citing. You cant legislate every thing in the game.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think half the things that get players suspended (or result in concussions) should be suspensions.

But I am sick of feeling like if our players get knocked out or concussed there are always reasons why no one gives a * but it goes the other way that isn't the case.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think half the things that get players suspended (or result in concussions) should be suspensions.

But I am sick of feeling like if our players get knocked out or concussed there are always reasons why no one gives a fu** but it goes the other way that isn't the case.
Well in this case its a valid reason

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Saturday 31 July
Summary
rain.png
Min 9Max 16Light rain at times.Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mmChance of any rain: 60%
rain_60.gif
Hobart area
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of light rain, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h turning northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

Probably slippery, decent wind and chill factor of around 2deg c, who knows, the weather might be to our favour if we play the ground according to conditions. When was the last time Gbong played at Bellerive?
Sleevo to turn it on!!!

Back