Preview Round 20 - Lions vs the Hawks, 2:10pm, Sunday Aug 1 @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston (at the moment)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cocky in for Dev only change

That article thrown together quickly to get the news out that he will play

"against Hawthorn in Tasmani."
Lists the team but no extended I/C bench where Cocky presently sits

Good on Nagsy for getting a game; cant wait to see how he goes even on restricted playing time.

I reckon the mistake is dropping Dev instead of Madden, who is just clueless out on the park. Should have pushed Dev into the small back role to see how he went instead of Irish.

As others have said, Hawks will either combust which I hope or will role us. The loss of Clarko will fire them up and Im now worried more so because these sort of things usually fire up bottom 4 clubs. We'll screw our top 4 hopes if we lose to this dysfunctional club. Who'd have thought you could ever say that about the Hawks, but with Jeff, that Reeves guy as CEO and now Mitchell, it just reeks of s**t at HAwkland.

Good for Cocky. Has stuck with the program and you can see the confidence coming back from a player that was obviously very tentative with his body. Not expecting a huge game but it will do him a world of good and could build to have a role in our finals team.

I don't think Dev's omission is anything other than giving him a rest. Young guys need that, freshen him up for the finals.
Yeah. The AFL site hasnt been listing rested players as “managed” as much this year. I can only recall a few occasions like Ward for GWS the other week.

Good on Nagsy for getting a game; cant wait to see how he goes even on restricted playing time.

I reckon the mistake is dropping Dev instead of Madden, who is just clueless out on the park. Should have pushed Dev into the small back role to see how he went instead of Irish.

As others have said, Hawks will either combust which I hope or will role us. The loss of Clarko will fire them up and Im now worried more so because these sort of things usually fire up bottom 4 clubs. We'll screw our top 4 hopes if we lose to this dysfunctional club. Who'd have thought you could ever say that about the Hawks, but with Jeff, that Reeves guy as CEO and now Mitchell, it just reeks of sh*t at HAwkland.
Clarko is still coach and I see what has happened this week as more of a distraction. Fair call if he had left but he is coaching out the year. Especially if it’s true what is being reported that players had voiced there opinion negatively on the idea of having ‘two’ coaches next year!

As others have said, Hawks will either combust which I hope or will role us. The loss of Clarko will fire them up and Im now worried more so because these sort of things usually fire up bottom 4 clubs. We'll screw our top 4 hopes if we lose to this dysfunctional club. Who'd have thought you could ever say that about the Hawks, but with Jeff, that Reeves guy as CEO and now Mitchell, it just reeks of sh*t at HAwkland.

Beautiful how you keep dropping really silly ideas. Play Dev in the back pocket? Tremendous stuff that.

I was already worried, with the announcement today I reckon we will lose Sunday. We love to grant teams their 'fairytales' when given the chance 😂😂

I was already worried, with the announcement today I reckon we will lose Sunday. We love to grant teams their 'fairytales' when given the chance 😂😂

We're a finals calibre team, despite terrible form at the wrong time of the year, compounded by injury. We should not lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What announcement though? Despite what was being said publicly (as KB says, lying is the first language of the AFL), everyone already knew he wasn't coaching next year. Today was embarrassing (despite the best bullshit spin put on by Clarko, Sam & Kennett), and essentially just a public confirmation of what most thought was going to happen.

So what are they 'getting up' for? What's inspiring the team? The fact this is Clarko's fourth last time as coach for the Hawks?

Last edited:
We are world champions of getting teams away from home that have just had a coaching implosion.

I'm still scarred from the horrible loss to Carlton at Marvel after Teague took over in 2019.

Having said that, we SHOULD be able to put the Hawks away this Sunday,

Having said that, we SHOULD be able to put the Hawks away this Sunday,
Yes we SHOULD beat them but that doesn't help the confidence levels inside of me, 24-48 hours until every match we play ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back