Caro you're WRONG!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Soz for the late thread, but this has me seriously angry.

Caro has somehow correlated that Dimma's off field 'dramas' if they are that, has somehow effected the on field performance of the Tigers.

Sorry Caro you can GAGF, you don't know what you're talking about, and alluding that a head coach's off field life has an effect on the playing group is nothing but an insulting uneducated guess. It's akin to insulting footballers and the football community in general, as if they'd let that effect them to a point that their performance on field is dictated by that. We're talking about highly paid professional athletes who's only focus is to win games of football.

You allude that a team, largely unchanged for the last 2 years has been effected in performance because of what is happening in Dimma's life, not that it's any of your business anyway. That has just won a flag mind you, is collectively effected by the personal life of their coach.

That's akin to saying they're a bunch of softies, yeah get effed! Biggest load of bullsh!t I've ever heard.

WRONG!

Stick to your off field chess piece movements, absolute amateur in anything to do with actual footy, go home fool. Rant over.

Last edited:
If the leader of your work group is going through personal issues it’s very unlikely you are going to get optimum output from them and it’s going to have an effect on team cohesion until either it’s resolved and they return to a happy place or someone else takes some of that load on board and steers the ship back in the right direction , that’s a reality .

Caro’s comments are sensationalist bullshit media I agree and the reality is it’s just a natural decline from the top of the hill, which is no disgrace.
What is disgraceful is the supporters and media expectations that they should just keep on winning .

If the leader of your work group is going through personal issues it’s very unlikely you are going to get optimum output from them and it’s going to have an effect on team cohesion until either it’s resolved and they return to a happy place or someone else takes some of that load on board and steers the ship back in the right direction , that’s a reality .

Caro’s comments are sensationalist bullshit media I agree and the reality is it’s just a natural decline from the top of the hill, which is no disgrace.
What is disgraceful is the supporters and media expectations that they should just keep on winning .

True leaders aren't going to tell all and sundry of their out of work issues, it would mean they're not a leader. They keep work and outside of work separate.

True leaders will stick to the task at hand, I seriously doubt, in fact am convinced that Dimma would be 'hey I'm having personal issues guys'. He wouldn't be a 3 time premiership coach if he did, in fact would not even be a coach of anything.

That is just rubbish to even suggest that.

True leaders aren't going to tell all and sundry of their out of work issues, it would mean they're not a leader. They keep work and outside of work separate.

Havent you seen the social media comments? It's pretty clear that some players/players families werent impressed with what went down.

Also, wasnt it all going down last year when the players, coaches and many of their families were living TOGETHER in hubs?

True leaders will stick to the task at hand, I seriously doubt, in fact am convinced that Dimma would be 'hey I'm having personal issues guys'. He wouldn't be a 3 time premiership coach if he did, in fact would not even be a coach of anything.

That is just rubbish to even suggest that.
Nah it would mean they are not human . You can only hide s**t for so long , sooner or later it’s better to be open so people can understand what you are going through .
So your saying you can front up to work every day , like a robot and just switch off your personal life and perform at 100% ?
Also what if he’s given all he’s got to get them to where they are and lost his marriage along the way ?

Havent you seen the social media comments? It's pretty clear that some players/players families werent impressed with what went down.

Also, wasnt it all going down last year when the players, coaches and many of their families were living TOGETHER in hubs?

Really? You honestly think that listed paid professional players are going to throw in the towel off the back of hubs or what Dimma was going through?

Maybe in auskick if mum and dad are having problems is probable, but to correlate it with a team of footballers at the highest level is just...............

Don't know why I even replied to be honest.

Nah it would mean they are not human . You can only hide sh*t for so long , sooner or later it’s better to be open so people can understand what you are going through .
So your saying you can front up to work every day , like a robot and just switch off your personal life and perform at 100% ?
Also what if he’s given all he’s got to get them to where they are and lost his marriage along the way ?

Wow, just wow, you talk as though it's endth degrees. I'm not talking about humans acting completely devoid of emotion, I'm talking about professional footballers and coaches who are solely invested in their employ - winning games of football. Not completely just fall off the cliff from a performance perspective just coz 'coach has issues at home' - as what Caro has alluded to.

Maybe watch FC and listen to the rubbish she has said.

I did and like I said it’s gutter journalism and it would be ideal if they didn’t bring people’s personal lives into it , but that’s the world we live in .
At the same time it’s very likely that the situation had some impact on the club which is what the story is alluding to. The extent of that only know to the inner core at Richmond.

Anyway , doesn’t seem to matter what I say , I’m just full of it so I’ll just take my rubbish elsewhere, bye 👋

You allude that a team, largely unchanged for the last 2 years has been effected in performance because of what is happening in Dimma's life, not that it's any of your business anyway. That has just won a flag mind you, is collectively effected by the personal life of their coach.

if they're the same team that just won the flag, and all this stuff you're talking about shouldn't affect them, why are they 9th? ask yourself

People do realise that his relationship troubles were happening early last year? Was even seen with the new flame pre to relocating to Queensland. So if it's had such an impact on the team, then what was the go with them winning the flag last year?

She's also being saying Clarko has been thinking of going for years. Even linked him to Carlton pre to Teague getting it. Eventually one day she'll get it right.

Just lazy journalism as always.

Last edited:
if they're the same team that just won the flag, and all this stuff you're talking about shouldn't affect them, why are they 9th? ask yourself

Yeah clutching at straws there, the more likely argument is that the team is in natural decline - not as a result of off field personal issues with the coach.

That is drawing a seriously long bow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah clutching at straws there, the more likely argument is that the team is in natural decline - not as a result of off field personal issues with the coach.

That is drawing a seriously long bow.

i'm not clutching at straws or drawing a long bow, i posed a question to you

i'm not clutching at straws or drawing a long bow, i posed a question to you

Ok, I answered you're question allude, it's likely the team is in natural decline and is highly unlikely that Dimma's off field stuff has anything to do with the team collectively being effected by that.

I think where this one is different to other seperations is Hardwick has for years talked up 'Mrs Hardwick' and her influence. Other coaches don't tend to push that point

Potentially, but I always saw that as a joking way to take the focus of himself or the football club for whatever subject was being talked about. Without listing all the times Hardwick mentioned "Mrs. Hardwick" one that pops into mind is when he said (and I paraphrase) "Mrs. Hardwick told me not to try Vlaustuin in the midfield again." Very easily this could have been "The football department have decided Vlaustuin won't play in the midfield again" but he went the semi-humorous route to take the attention away from the club/coaching staff knowing there most likely wouldn't be a follow-up question.

It isn't like they have won one flag and dipped like the dogs did (did Beverage have a marriage breakup that caused that dip?) it's a side that has more or less been on top for four years after years of nothing. Natural decline I think is to be expected. I think it could be argued Richmond haven't really drafted well recently as their players haven't come through like guys at other clubs have. Not every club can rebuild and be competitive continuously like Geelong - in fact, most sides don't.

As a supporter, I think the current decline can be attributed a lot to injuries all in the same place on the field (ruckmen and midfielders early, now ruckmen and backmen). I may be naïve and the slide may continue but I do believe that if the injuries were more spread across the field it wouldn't be hurting as much.

Just another typical Richmond supporter. Has to blame and berate someone/ something as soon as things go sour.
Says more about her really. Dragging everyone through the media again, not just Hardwick.. but wife and kids simply to cast blame for her having to suffer Ninth once again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back