Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Until he's ready? He kicked 3 goals in his first game lol
And after a few games was clearly fatigued was quiet rightly rested and then managed in the VFL. Don't forget that Horse was a forward.

A forward who also started young too but due to injury finishes his career way too early and would I feel, want the young kids managed now so they can become superstars for decades.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
And after a few games was clearly fatigued was quiet rightly rested and then managed in the VFL. Don't forget that Horse was a forward.

A forward who also started young too but due to injury finishes his career way too early and would I feel, want the young kids managed now so they can become superstars for decades.
Then 2 goals each against Richmond Adelaide and st kilda. the guy doesn't miss. Had one quiet game against Hawthorn where everyone was s**t, thats it. Hes a stud and he will be better than armartey ever will be imo (not saying armartey doesnt deserve his spot)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

He fatigued for sure, but I am fine with him playing games in 2 or 3 game bursts in 2021, then go back to the reserves for a few weeks (or miss a game) to recharge and then come back into the team for another 2 or 3 game burst.

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Then 2 goals each against Richmond Adelaide and st kilda. the guy doesn't miss. Had one quiet game against Hawthorn where everyone was sh*t, thats it. Hes a stud and he will be better than armartey ever will be imo (not saying armartey doesnt deserve his spot)
Amartey can play in the ruck so they aren't a swap out. Unless Horse wants to play a 3rd tall in the fwd line I can't see him coming back in for the time being.
If we were going to miss finals then it's a different story but I suspect the coaches would be happy with the current mix and the pressure in the forward line.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Amartey can play in the ruck so they aren't a swap out. Unless Horse wants to play a 3rd tall in the fwd line I can't see him coming back in for the time being.
If we were going to miss finals then it's a different story but I suspect the coaches would be happy with the current mix and the pressure in the forward line.
Yes! Thank you, exactly.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
It's a tough call for the match committee. IMO how it stands just now:
Star Forward Buddy
Forward Ruck Reid vs Amartey
Third Tall McLean vs McDonald
Medium Heeney vs Hayward vs Bell
Small Papley vs Wicks vs Gulden
So for mine the 7 are:
Buddy
Reid if fit, Amartey if not)
Heeney
Hayward
Papley
Wicks
Gulden
The only logical one to go out for McDonald barring injury is Hayward. Hard to see Bell holding his spot regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It’s been nagging at me all season.

This knowledge that Logan reminds me of someone, but I couldn’t put my finger on who.

Then, mid-week, whilst watching an old Swans game, it hit me.

Logan IS Simon Minton-Connell.
Let's hope he's not too much like him...would prefer one club vs four

Let's hope he's not too much like him...would prefer one club vs four

He is a nice fella. He struggled to put on size while playing but is now a big bloke. He was CEO of the Fitzroy Stars (a Vic Koori footy team) for a few years. Played golf with him a few times with Vic's koori golf club - very funny and could give the ball a serious whack.

Grongey

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Logan showed plenty in his first outings. He is kid with talent, but imho not ready yet.

The club hierachy will bring him along gradually, as they did with Dawson, now a regular.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Was just rewatching the first games of the the new breed and season, and I forgot just how good he was, unfortunately he is the missing 'Beatle' at the moment but hope he hits the gym and starts with a flyer next year. Logan has some real skills, that Joel and Hayden haven't shown yet, and he will have a great career

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Was just rewatching the first games of the the new breed and season, and I forgot just how good he was, unfortunately he is the missing 'Beatle' at the moment but hope he hits the gym and starts with a flyer next year. Logan has some real skills, that Joel and Hayden haven't shown yet, and he will have a great career

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
I'm reminded that Horse was a young forward and is well aware of consequences of playing before the body is ready. I think Swans will bring him along at a pace that allows him to thrive and have a long career.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm reminded that Horse was a young forward and is well aware of consequences of playing before the body is ready. I think Swans will bring him along at a pace that allows him to thrive and have a long career.
Yes. I noted after after that third game that he was starting to look a little battered. No doubt he has the skills but the seasoned defenders put a lot of work into young forwards. Horse said they were giving him a month block of physical training to build him up. Looking forward to next year. I think we may see quite a lot of him.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think he plays differently to Amartey/McLean.

McDonald seems more like a medium forward constantly making smart leads, with good hands and an accurate kick.

He does not seem like a full forward who uses their strength to wrestle away a pack of players to take a mark.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I think he plays differently to Amartey/McLean.

McDonald seems more like a medium forward constantly making smart leads, with good hands and an accurate kick.

He does not seem like a full forward who uses their strength to wrestle away a pack of players to take a mark.
A medium forward at 1.96m!
Almost as tall as Cripps!
But your point is valid. He has lots of sneaky leads and excellent hands. He'll kick a lot of goals for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back