News Club to launch external review of football department!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, but who else is out there, that would be good, who are the top dogs to chase?
Like I said, it's time consuming, but between club staff lists and Linkedin profiles, it's more or less spelt out. I once took a brief look into our sports science, skills coaches and football analyst areas, but that was towards the end of Bolton's tenure.

But that would give you a feel for the industry, then some topics to look into, and then you might be able to see some hiring opportunities external to the industry (other AU-based sporting leagues, AU ex-pats, etc).

The soft cap would get in the way a bit though.

If Geoff has nailed the review and has verbalised his findings well and is better qualified than Lloyd! then why not! It'd be in his best interest to make sure his findings are acted upon and that would drive him.

Geoff Walsh was the major reason why Collingwood got into Salary Cap doo doo in the first place !

Hell no.

Anyone able to give us the highlights of this one?
Bit of a nothing article but a small quote “Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, and in some cases, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list and meddling from outside departments into football matters”

Herald Sun article is nothing but unadulterated trash and speculation.

Nothing to see there whatsoever.

Someone pasted it onto a r/AFL thread over on Reddit. Not linking directly but it's easy to spot if you sort by new.

Huge article the only couple of sentence that try to say anything relating to the review quote

Some of the findings are said to include a lack of player development, player “cliques” (with large, and in some cases, unjustified salaries an issue), culture deficiencies, poor behaviours, consistently long injury list and meddling from outside departments into football matters

Link

Waste of time this review if these are the only findings -- club should be reading big footy all the answers have been here all the time

Damn straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waste of time this review if these are the only findings -- club should be reading big footy all the answers have been here all the time
I like how you are thinking Jim :thumbsu:

Let’s me guess, grown men at HS are throwing a tantrum because Carlton aren’t keeping them in the loop about the review?

Summed up well.

As I posted the other day, results will be mostly kept in house and likely shared to it's greatest allowable depth at AGM, if at all.

You'll know the results via club's actions.

Here's the review in it's entirety :tearsofjoy:

b571e274147a664a348082754baab631

#AphExclusive

Umm. Let me think. Trashy newspaper = no knowledge of what is in report that hasn't been written = makes up some general rubbish = hopes that some people believe said rubbish.

Once again there is no actual report yet. Think about it.

Herald Sun getting desperate, this is a rehash of the post last week on Bigfooty ie 2 factions, billionaires and non billionaires, Teague may lose his job now or may get moved on if we aren't delivering by round 6 next season. I am a bit embarrassed linking to such a terrible article

"An alleged email from deep inside the Carlton hierarchy has found its way to Sheahan ink. The email which may be true or may be just be a work of fiction offers intriguing suggestions of what the future might look like for the Blue Baggers."

"The top-level secretive document highlights David Teague’s tenure as senior coach and whether he should be given next season to continue in the job."
" Scott is labelled ‘the most likely pick’ as the AFL ‘wants us to take him’ but there’s a query over his ability to recruit big name assistants, unlike Ross Lyon."

etc etc

The Herald Sun has just posted a story regarding an email which, “which may be true or may be just be a work of fiction”.
To summarise:

- “The leaked email, supposedly from a club board member, outlines the club’s mistakes, plans for the future, who is to be sacked, who will or won’t be hired and players’ futures”

- “Does the club ‘give Teague 2022 with new assistants on the basis we are not top six by mid-season, Clarko would be available’ (referring to outgoing Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson), which is the preferred option of the billionaires”

- “Or does it ‘make a change now because Teague cannot create a game plan and there is genuine concern over the direction of the group’ — the preferred option of the non-billionaires”

Other points in the article include the club will be getting rid of Brad Lloyd, Teague and the assistants except for Luke Power and Daniel O’Keefe, Cain Liddle is under intense scrutiny and Nick Austin is in the gun.

Apparently Weiters will become Captain and Walsh vice because Crippa needs to, “focus on his body and getting fit”. Another claim is, “the playing group as a whole were labelled ‘Hollywood’ pertaining to their alleged rock star lifestyle and egos”.

Cas, Murph, Eddie and Marchbank have their papers stamped, Samo and Fish are off to WA and Saad, Williams, Gov and Martin are on the trade table.

Full article here but need to subscribe to read it

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...b/news-story/a8a86c34cb8c67cf7a01cbf2fedfca3f

Last edited:
Unsurprising coming from the Herald Sun on this topic.

The Herald Sun has just posted a story regarding an email which, “which may be true or may be just be a work of fiction”.
To summarise:

Other points in the article include the club will be getting rid of Brad Lloyd, Teague and the assistants except for Luke Power and Daniel O’Keefe, Cain Liddle is under intense scrutiny and Nick Austin is in the gun.

Apparently Weiters will become Captain and Walsh vice because Crippa needs to, “focus on his body and getting fit”. Another claim is, “the playing group as a whole were labelled ‘Hollywood’ pertaining to their alleged rock star lifestyle and egos”.

Appatently Cas, Murph, Eddie and Marchbank have their papers stamped, Samo and Fish are off to WA and Saad, Williams, Gov and Martin are on the trade table.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...b/news-story/a8a86c34cb8c67cf7a01cbf2fedfca3f

Looks like they've been reading Big Footy to me. Isn't this all similar to a rumour posted here during the week?
The Herald-Sun strikes again, more generalised rubbish. Throw enough punches and maybe you will land one.

To summarise:

Appatently Cas, Murph, Eddie and Marchbank have their papers stamped, Samo and Fish are off to WA and Saad, Williams, Gov and Martin are on the trade table.

So let me get this straight ... BigFooty just trolled the HS...

Thats gold.

Oh my ... Chief will be pleased ROFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back