Autopsy Round 20, 2021 | Autopsy vs Geelong

Zac Guthrie 13 marks

Tom Stewart 13 marks

Jed Bews 12 marks

Played into their hands. Crap footy.

Polec was trash.

McKay thrashed Hawkins. Simpkin is a god. Ford earned another week.

Atu will play 150+. I'd like to have Dwayne Russell silenced forever.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
With the outs better than I thought it would be. Still in it halfway through the last.

Still playing well above our ladder position considering the opposition so mark it as little wins again.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two things out of that game for me:

1. We're very close to being a bloody good side. Yes, we were naive and played into their hands a bit but you kinda expect it when there's on average about 5 years age difference per player between the teams. I never thought I'd say this, but the last two months have convinced me that we can play finals next year.

2. *, Tom Stewart is a good player. I know he's not a mid and all the accolades go to them, but I genuinely reckon an argument could be made that he's a top 5 player in the game, and closer to 1 than 5. He's one of the smartest footballers I've ever seen and uses the footy so well. He's a generational defender.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Showed what we do well and what we don't. Bonar is desperately needed in defence and the other tall up forward is obviously the missing piece we haven't rubber stamped yet. Philips was down, Atu had ups and downs and I really liked the way Ford went about it and I would hope the club give them the rest of the year to gain more experience. Hopefully Corr lives up to the expectations because we need a player like him.

Geelong is sh*t ..

They aren't s**t, they are a solid club, been that way for a long time. We are just year 1 into a rebuild, it doesn't look like it will be a long rebuild, but we need to get some of the kids the bodies of men, because we were just pushed around a bit too much.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
BTW, the Cats are a bloody good team. They could win it this year. However agree we could steamroll past them even as early as next year if we clean up the errors and solve our KP forward and wing issues.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ideal result really. Didn't have three of our most inform players yet put in a decent fight against one of the top contenders. If we're gonna get the first pick that's how I wanna see it happen, through good honest arm wrestles with the boys putting in 100% and aiming to win. Also great to see McKay blanket his opponent with Taz in the team. Onwards we go

Happy Hour

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
[QUOTE="Flawed Genius, post: 71325129, member: 60375"

Polec was trash.
[/QUOTE]
They must have been handing out mod lisenses same place derwayne got his commentating one.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really happy to see the players still trying hard even once the result was done and dusted. They didn't give up, and overall it was a good effort against good opposition.

Dwayne Russell was at his worst today, I usually don't mind him other than his criminal use of catchphrases but today he was dogshit. Speaking of dogshit, some of that umpiring made me want to pull my hair out. Marks paid one end but not the other etc etc. It's just frustrating.

Shoutout to Eddie for eventually getting reward for effort with a fantastic shot on goal, and also to JZ for his superbly controlled physicality.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With the outs better than I thought it would be. Still in it halfway through the last.

Still playing well above our ladder position considering the opposition so mark it as little wins again.
That touched ball from Sleevo that Souva marked in the square in the last 10min would of made it interesting! Brownie said that there was 50 meter in that very play the umpires missed too.
All in all , very proud of our efforts, considering who we had out .
Great to see Elvis kick his first too 👍💪

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Don’t care too much about the result.

That was a great defensive effort, contained them really well. Our ball movement going forward was a bit messy at times which is an area we must clean up.

The midfield can keep their heads up, Simpkin was terrific, LDU consistently getting more and more agressive, Jed provided the hardness without cunners and Will’s clean hands again stood out.

Nothing to be disappointed with out of that, a very solid and competitive hit out.

Back