Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s been ok, but not sure we’d ideally want McKay, Tarrant and Walker all in defence. It’s too cumbersome.

Looking to 2022, assuming Corr gets right, he’ll play under the regime that brought him in. Who misses? Yeah, I know, depth an all, but how many teams have 29 yo or rising 33yo’s in their 2nds?
and it's the big question, eh? Don't know enough about it medically myself, but if some of the talk about it was anywhere even close, would there be a chance of muscle damage around the toe itself? If so, it points to a long, long rehab time, which I suppose is where it's landed given he'll miss all of the season bar the first two?

give him another contract; something like a 1 year rolling offer.
tarrant only got 1-2 years at most and walker has shown his worth in the key defender position REF: Keeping darling to no goals.
can also play forward if we're struggling with injuries or rotations.

What is it about Corr that gets North supporters thinking he is an answer to any prayers. He was a handy player, at best, at the Giants. I cannot see him taking a key forward. Corr on Hawkins!!! Corr on Darling or Kennedy. Not a good thought.

Taz needs to play a good game to show me he is worth another contract. A few less goals per game would be a start, but we are nearly at the end of the season and he may run our of time to show case a case to get a contract.

Josh is a handy competent, 28 year old, key defender but not a premiership centre half back.

We need another big, young defender

What is it about Corr that gets North supporters thinking he is an answer to any prayers. He was a handy player, at best, at the Giants. I cannot see him taking a key forward. Corr on Hawkins!!! Corr on Darling or Kennedy. Not a good thought.

Taz needs to play a good game to show me he is worth another contract. A few less goals per game would be a start, but we are nearly at the end of the season and he may run our of time to show case a case to get a contract.

Josh is a handy competent, 28 year old, key defender but not a premiership centre half back.

McKay takes those guys, Corr takes next in line and he's perfectly capable of doing that.

There's not many of the gorillas left, Kennedy won't play next year, Geelong may be a headache with Cameron and Hawkins but for most teams you'll need speed and flexibility.

Agreed that a young tall defender is a must though. Walker is good in the interim.

McKay and another KPD takes the bigger forwards and Corr takes the third tall.

Whats Ben McKay? A block of flats?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walker is slow as they come.

Look his good games has been in wet games or in tassie where conditions are to his favour.

At the Dome his found wanting

Corr is many levels above him

IIRC Corr was never an automatic selection at the Giants so that's why I think a big backman is needed. There is always a lot of midfielders in the draft but key position players and ruckman are rarer and usually take longer to develop.

Hope I'm wrong about Corr by the way.

IIRC Corr was never an automatic selection at the Giants so that's why I think a big backman is needed. There is always a lot of midfielders in the draft but key position players and ruckman are rarer and usually take longer to develop.

Hope I'm wrong about Corr by the way.

Nah you're wrong on that count. Missed plenty of games but that was through a boatload of miscellaneous injuries, a trend he has actually ramped up since coming over. When he was fit and healthy he was in their squad pretty much every match for the last several years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah you're wrong on that count. Missed plenty of games but that was through a boatload of miscellaneous injuries, a trend he has actually ramped up since coming over. When he was fit and healthy he was in their squad pretty much every match for the last several years.

Corr was in the top ten Giants BF once (in 2018?) now I have checked but I cannot remember a game where I noticed Corr.

Corr was in the top ten Giants BF once (in 2018?) now I have checked but I cannot remember a game where I noticed Corr.
Was injured for almost every week in '16, played 23 games in '17 after missing the first 2 rounds with injury, Played the first 17 games of '18 before missing due to OP, returned for rounds 6 and 7 in early '19 then tweaked an ankle followed by a calf before managing to return in round 22 and played every game from then until round 17 of 2020 when he suffered another random injury and then was booted from the hub because he told GWS he was coming here. Since '17 he was a defacto selection in their best 22 when healthy.

Was injured for almost every week in '16, played 23 games in '17 after missing the first 2 rounds with injury, Played the first 17 games of '18 before missing due to OP, returned for rounds 6 and 7 in early '19 then tweaked an ankle followed by a calf before managing to return in round 22 and played every game from then until round 17 of 2020 when he suffered another random injury and then was booted from the hub because he told GWS he was coming here. Since '17 he was a defacto selection in their best 22 when healthy.
Automatic selection in a good team. Sounds good.

Let's hope he gets on the park.

Earnt himself another contract today I reckon. Was very solid, particularly in the air.

Was happy with him yesterday. We still need him while Taz (at least to me) still doesn't seem 100% right.

Importantly Corr is a good ball user. Especially with the game style we want to play it's crucial that our talls can adapt to this. Ben McKay clearly is not Darcy Moore with ball in hand but he knows that and plays within himself. But if you have two of those types it can really kill movement of the ball. 200cm key defenders with elite footskills are a rare commodity.

If we have Tarrant and Corr playing as the second and third talls we will be that much better on transition.

Good as back up

Yes where is it gets interesting is you must delist players and we're running out of obvious options beyond 3/4 at seasons end. I'm not talking rookie list of course. And if we trade say Polec/Dumont we'll get pick or player back so will still leave the same issue.

We've got some tough decisions coming up and Corr is clearly our preferred option

Yes where is it gets interesting is you must delist players and we're running out of obvious options beyond 3/4 at seasons end. I'm not talking rookie list of course. And if we trade say Polec/Dumont we'll get pick or player back so will still leave the same issue.

We've got some tough decisions coming up and Corr is clearly our preferred option

Might have to move a couple of guys to rookie list and balance it like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back