Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to hear if people would rather pay 100M for Grealish or Rice considering their age, different positions, resale value etc.
No ones paying £100m for a DM imo. I like Rice and would us to sign but like Grealish I don't think they are worth anything over £80m and that's including probably £20m of English tax.

But if I had to choose between the two it'd be Rice. Hes not only a great player but a great leader.

Curious to hear if people would rather pay 100M for Grealish or Rice considering their age, different positions, resale value etc.

Yeah I'm with Chef, I just don't think any defensive player is worth that much, particularly a midfielder. You have to almost be best in the world in the position to command that sort of fee. Attacking players are different as there's a tangible output that you're paying for.

I wouldn't say Kane has great players around him at all. Apart from Son, Kane has single-handedly dragged Spurs to where they are. He has scored a bucketload of goals despite playing under Mourinho for the last 1.5 seasons. Really bad take.
Now sure. but 2015-17 that was a side terribly unlucky not to win a league title. Class everywhere.
Now he carries us big time though. Harry, Son, PEH and Lloris and a lot of chaff.

In your opinion, sure.

Kane has had great players around him, Grealish has had trash. How good would Kane have been at Villa? Nowhere near what he has produced at Spurs.

If he does go to City, watch how quickly everyone says he has "elevated his game".

No, it's just that the players he has around him don't have elephants feet and will finish off his work.

Look at all the underlying stats, the bloke is absolutely world class, top shelf, and is just hitting his best years now.
Gets to do what he wants at Villa, just won’t happen at bigger clubs ..has to fit in to the system..like with England. Needs to work more defensively as well. Very talented player no doubt but not $100m

Not everything is about trolling or taking a dig, 100m during a pandemic is a lot of money for a football club to throw around, but as Chef says, they have the money so no one can really tell them what to spend it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a report in the last couple of days (although I don't know the reliability of it) that said that if he is going anywhere its only to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico Madrid
So atletico then given the other two can't even buy a curly wurly atm.

Not everything is about trolling or taking a dig, 100m during a pandemic is a lot of money for a football club to throw around, but as Chef says, they have the money so no one can really tell them what to spend it on.
Its very funny.

So atletico then given the other two can't even buy a curly wurly atm.
I went to go find the tweet (which was just one of those aggregator accounts) and came across the actual source. Turns out Inter Milan Reddit considers the guy/the news outlet he works for to be Tier 4 for reliability, so I don't think much can be read into it.

Atleti would need to sell Saul Niguez for a good price to afford Lautaro imo, and even then I'm not convinced he'd be the striker we need given he's a SS like Joao Felix and Angel Correa

Last edited:
Rob Dorsett at Sky stating Villa "likely to accept".

Goes against everything the owners have said as far as their build goes. Goes against what he did at Milwaukee Bucks. Bloody disappointed. 3rd richest owners in the league and they appear to be selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back