Autopsy Negatives vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The players owe Shannon Hurn an apology, to dish up that effort in a historic moment for the club is a disgrace.

Too many mentally weak passengers once again this season, the gap between our best and worst is alarming.

Positives - Hurn 300 and played out the game instead of being torched

Negatives -
Gameplan is a dogs breakfast
Simpson again proving he's useless
Paying some players way too much, especially Gaff, Sheppard and McGovern

Worst performance of the season. And that's quite an achievement given the other nominees in that category.

I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be so upset, and more numb. It seems like the players aren't at all bothered.

Unbalanced selections, strategically inept, then executed poorly. Hard to find any real positives in that train wreck.

Should give props to Collingwood, who have fought the year out well considering, and approached today's game with a daring gameplan. It was exciting to watch when they had the footy. When we had it? Crawled to an absolute stop. So boring.

I imagine it'll be a hard sell to keep things the way they are over the summer after that. Have to try a different method.

When HEdwards is the only player who looks towards the middle, it's a big worry.

The kick mark game isn't necessarily the issue, it's starting on a wing, having 6 possessions to get a throw in on the opposite wing for no ground going via the goal square.

The kick mark game isn't necessarily the issue, it's starting on a wing, having 6 possessions to get a throw in on the opposite wing for no ground going via the goal square.

Or the Sheppard kick to Duggan the other week for a 40m backwards turnover that results in a goal against.

Says West Coast have an outdated gameplan and have no hope of going anywhere in the finals. Was savaging the game plan in general.

Hard to argue against it on current output

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says West Coast have an outdated gameplan and have no hope of going anywhere in the finals. Was savaging the game plan in general.

Difficult to defend it isn't it? Two 15 goal loses and several other games we haven't even been in it. If the players are still any good, things need to change to a not insignificant degree

I am just gutted for Shannon Hurn. The only thing resembling a positive is he seems so nonplussed about personal milestones, getting thumped in game 300 is probably no worse for him than getting thumped in game 14 or 175 or 299.

But I care. He deserves better. He deserves a ******* apology. We don’t have a divine right to win a game just cause it’s someone’s 300th, but we owe them a god damn effort.

I though you were onto something meaningful.
We have been belted by a long list of teams, some are good some are poor. What is common is that the play the same way.
We can play well as against Port for the first half, so it isnt just gameplay. The coaches must take some blame. But the club management allow this (three years now).
We dont have leaders and we dont have competitors with an absolute desire to win. We do have a lot of D & C grade plodders filling gaps who are happy to be on the bus.

I am keen to hear if the pillows in the hotel were not up to scratch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back