Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Good to see the twice-a-year Aussie tennis fans are out in force to sh*t on Djokovic on Twitter/Facebook. They just don‘t understand a thing. They never will.
I’m going to have to lay off MTF for a bit too. All the crazies are coming out of the woodwork, it’s full on.

Any logical person understands this. Having to back up yet another gruelling match would’ve been insane, yes it’s disappointing, but my goodness, anyone can see he is beyond exhausted. Physically, mentally wrecked. It’s taken it’s toll. I have no idea how he even made it this far in both competitions.

This could spell trouble for his USO campaign, but with a bit of rest, back in the BO5 format, he should be okay.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I know the guy isn’t perfect, but some of these overreactions… jeez.

They’re always looking for something ever so slightly bad.

Funny how they always refer to what Kyrgios said about Novak. Even if theres absolutely no relevance to what happened today, they’ll still do it.

These guys should just stick to “Go Roger!” & “Go Rafa!” - we already know who they like without them even telling us.
It’s crazy. People are crazy. The reactions are next level, it’s been building up for ages because Novak has given them nothing to rag on all year. Now they’re all letting rip.

I love the Olympics, so very much. But tennis, first and foremost, is about the slams. Novak entered here thinking he could keep the streak going. He even entered the mixed despite his team advising against it. Sound like a selfish person? He backed up last nights shattering loss and was fist pumping like mad. Selfish for sure. Comes a point where you’re cooked. He is. And where are Roger and Rafa representing their country? Ahh it’s only Novak who is some selfish loser.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
It’s crazy. People are crazy. The reactions are next level, it’s been building up for ages because Novak has given them nothing to rag on all year. Now they’re all letting rip.

I love the Olympics, so very much. But tennis, first and foremost, is about the slams. Novak entered here thinking he could keep the streak going. He even entered the mixed despite his team advising against it. Sound like a selfish person? He backed up last nights shattering loss and was fist pumping like mad. Selfish for sure. Comes a point where you’re cooked. He is. And where are Roger and Rafa representing their country? Ahh it’s only Novak who is some selfish loser.
Stop speaking sense! You’ll confuse them!

I would say his main challenges also spent a lot of energy on this campaign as well. Medvedev nearly died remember.

Lol

Honestly, it's just good to see Novak lose for once. It's good for a change.

Glad Barty was able to come out of her with a medal

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Wow just wow. Channel Seven talking about Novak.

Never heard so much s**t come out of one man's (Andy Maher) mouth and then you had that woman bring up stuff that happened 10+ years ago 😄

Thankfully Andrew Gaze shut him right down.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
this will be popular on this forum and elsewhere.

Bencic takes a medical time out.

This is called icing the server down at the other end,” says Rennae Stubbs on US TV

next min, breaks to love and Bencic will serve for gold.

and about to be broken right back

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
nah. Vondrosova had 3 bp chances but bencic takes the win 6-3 in the last after her 2nd gold match point.

huge for her. a week which really came from nowhere. Reckon bencic is the sort of player who will lift when she is playing for her country. She is only playing for gold tmw in the doubles on top of this.

Joins Rosset as a singles gold medalist for Switzerland.

E7obEz9VIAEzi5l

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
As much as I like Bencic there is something about her that leaves me scratching my head. Bad form taking a medical timeout.

Getting back to the schedule this is the order that I would of played matches. I think they are having medal presentations now back feed has gone.

Starting at 2pm
Mix Doubles Bronze
Women's Double - Bronze
Women's double - Gold
Men's double - Bronze
Men's double - Gold

Starting at 2pm
Sunday
Mix double - Gold
Women's - Bronze
Women's Gold
Men's Bronze
Men's Gold

Not sure when medal presentations are

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
As much as I like Bencic there is something about her that leaves me scratching my head. Bad form taking a medical timeout.

Getting back to the schedule this is the order that I would of played matches. I think they are having medal presentations now back feed has gone.
Starting at 2pm
Mix Doubles Bronze
Women's Double - Bronze
Women's double - Gold
Women's Gold

Starting at 2pm
Sunday
Men's double - Bronze
Men's double - Gold
Men's Bronze
Men's Gold

Not sure when medal presentations are
I do recall Serena winning singles and doubles gold on the same day at London. perhaps it was separated by a day.

I think they got it right, bar the mens bronze medal match. That should have been tmw. just be flexible if they are in 2 comps.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately with all the medals being played over the weekend play would have to start a lot earlier to finish and have medal presentation. Thinking about it all singles and doubles would have to be played together so medal presentation could go ahead. Maybe medal day would have to be over three days. Doubles Day1, Women's medals Day 2, Men's medals Day 3.

I hope next Olympics can sort out a better schedule.

Back