Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the leading goal kickers this year. I mean if you’re in the top 10 you must be trash. Uh huh. McGovern was really good before he left adelaide with a massive ceiling. You could throw Jesse Hogan in there too who was outside the first round. You can find good enough in the second round and you can move em around in FA.

the point is, KP Forwards are shifted and uprooted from their clubs. They are the players that most move in FA. So why bother having one develop on a list that takes years to have them walk away? You go and get your key forward by dangling a carrot (coin/team)

I never said the players were “trash,” more that the list is trash in comparison.

Hogan would have gone top 2 in his draft year if he had of been in it. I think your memory might be a bit hazy in terms of how FS use to work and how some of the players were selected when the expansion clubs started.

I’m not saying you can’t find quality key forwards in the 2nd round, but you have more chance of finding one in the 1st round and they’re more likely to be a step above most taken in the 2nd round.

Look at the premiership teams over the last 10-12 years. Riewoldt, Lynch, Kennedy, Roughead, Franklin, Hawkins were all first round (Hawkins would have been) and most of those players won flags at their original club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Boy, a lot of people so shitscared about anything other than Horne that they didn’t even read the wording of my actual posts.

View attachment 1192782

To recap:
  • Gay for Horne. Love Horne. He looks great, when does a number 1 Pick not look great? I will start the fan club in the event that or on condition that we pick him.
  • If someone’s going to sell the farm for him, like Adelaide, it’s worth taking a look at said farm, EVEN in the event that or on condition that we end up taking Horne.
  • Who the fu** knows if Kelly’s coming. But in the event that or on condition that he does come, that would change the calculus around Horne. I have no mail on this either way, I haven’t even been into the Josh Kelly to North Mk 2 thread.
  • I am not magic. Me suggesting a trade isn’t going to make it happen, doesn’t decrease our chances of Horne, so there’s no need to respond as I am and need to delete the thread. We can afford the bandwidth, it’s worth having the discussion even in the event that or on condition that we end up taking Horne (I repeat, love Horne, Liberace gay for Horne)
Big fan of your posts it’s just my juvenile sense of humour particularly enjoyed the phrase seriously hard Horne.

Big call… he hasn’t even played a single AFL game yet…
Yeah sure, but seriously FS a small detail in the scheme of things. Just allow yourself to imagine for a moment if the lump of a kid becomes that colossus we've waited for more than 20 mind numbing years. The player that breaks the hearts of all those that have sneered at us. I'm in.

Lot of confident sounding statements here.

Generally, league’s best KPP go early, as do most of the league’s best players.

Yes. and a FA. And the club might bring him, they might not. My point is, if they are/do, then our midfield starts looking disproportionately strong compared to our spine. At some point we need forwards and someone to replace Robbie.

It’s this kind of received wisdom that may we’ll be right in our case, but it shouldn’t go unquestioned.

The certainty with which you make statements certainly strips a lot of the shades of grey out of my business strategy. It reeks of fear.

Again, love the Horne. Hate the Drake. But love the Horne. Let me ask you one thing. The decision makers at the club managed to wrangle Sleevo in for essentially Pick 25 odd. What makes you think they couldn’t turn Pick 1 into something like Buddy and Roughy? What if Horne is Tambling?

I mean he’s obviously not, because as we’re all certain, Jason Horne is the second coming. But so was Tambling.
Not sure anyone will take a Tambling comparo seriously but someone who was rated higher than The Jesus was Jaeger O'Meara. (In his first year Tim Watson - I think - was saying he was a combo of the best bits of Judd and GAJ.) Would you take two bites at top 5 players for one of him?

Not sure anyone will take a Tambling comparo seriously but someone who was rated higher than The Jesus was Jaeger O'Meara. (In his first year Tim Watson - I think - was saying he was a combo of the best bits of Judd and GAJ.) Would you take two bites at top 5 players for one of him?

If he didn’t have knee issues then probably. Your 2 bites inside 5 might end up being Jimmy Toumpas and Paddy Dow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who want us to finish last, I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet. We'll win two of our last three games.

If he didn’t have knee issues then probably. Your 2 bites inside 5 might end up being Jimmy Toumpas and Paddy Dow.

It's two extra bites though. Currency is currency, eventually, you hit. Look at Melbourne.

We'll beat one of Richmond or Sydney, and we're a certainty to beat Adelaide imo.

Without Cunnington, Thomas, and Zurhaar?

And with one or two other guys probably going in for minor surgery before the end of the season?

For those who want us to finish last, I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet. We'll win two of our last three games.

Agree - we're legitimately playing well. 2 out of 3 is on the cards. A Hawthorn win certainly helps though.

Without Cunnington, Thomas, and Zurhaar?

And with one or two other guys probably going in for minor surgery before the end of the season?
Thomas comes back next week. Noble said Zurhaar could play next week. Obviously Cunnington out is enormous, but we're a far better team than we were earlier in the season and in 2020 when he wasn't playing.

That’s garbage. I’ve never turned on anyone in my life.

You should ask The acurate one for advice. He didn't get the handle "The Love Doctor" for nothing.

Just be careful though his other nickname is "The Lunch Cutter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back