Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you going to trade pick 1 - youā€™d want 3 first rounders for it , with two top 7 picks this year.

Think GWS are the only likely ones that can do that.

yes three for sure, just like two top ten picks for Brown :p.

You should ask The acurate one for advice. He didn't get the handle "The Love Doctor" for nothing.

Just be careful though his other nickname is "The Lunch Cutter".

Oh that is harsh man, I've never do that. There are apparently 13340 more single women in Victoria than single men. If you make an allowance for the crazy ones that still leaves 15 more single women than men :p

But yes I have advice to offer should anyone seek it- haha

Thomas comes back next week. Noble said Zurhaar could play next week. Obviously Cunnington out is enormous, but we're a far better team than we were earlier in the season and in 2020 when he wasn't playing.

I stronglyyyy suspect we won't see any of those three again this season.

Why would TT not play?

TT the most likely of the three to come back, but I think Noble and the team doctors will take a sensibly cautious approach to making sure guys are going to be healthy as possible going into the preseason.

It's not tanking. It's just good list management āœŠšŸ¼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can afford to win one more game. I can't see us beating Sydney. They have been a revelation this year (BTW, happy birthday to Horse and all the others galloping around today) and would be most unlikely to drop a game against us.

A lot will depend on the result of the Freo Ninthmond game now under way. If Freo wins then I suspect the crew from Ninthmond may be very beatable next week. Which would take it down to the last game against Adelaide.

Given we can only afford to win 1 more game this year to get first pick, I would prefer it to be against Ninthmond. This will be our GF, beating last years Premier and hey, who knows we might then deny them that position on the ladder that they covet so much. 9th

despite history suggesting pick 1 is unlikely to actually end up the best player in the draft
While that's true, there's upwards of 50 players in each draft. The same can be said for every single pick.
But you can also say the number 1 pick is the MOST likely to end up the best player in the draft.
If the wooden spoon happens on the back of upsets by Collingwood and Hawthorn, I can live with that. Our early season losses can't be changed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back