Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 20 - Freo v Tigers Sun Aug 1st 5:10pm EST/3:10pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

• Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Eddie shamelessly clinging on to hope that Richmond's % could still get then in the top 8.
But for what? No one below 6th has any chance of the flag. Brisbane looking totally lost in that top 6 too.

For Richmond just qualifying is a waste, they are looking to win the flag. For Freo, Essendon, Carlton, GWS and even the Saints qualifying means a lot more in terms incremental team development.

I would legit take Freo's song over our current abomination.

I would even take Port's...

Ild take dead silence.

Old one was average, latest is horrific and thats coming from a guy who's clubs theme is based off yankee doodle

Well, It is very pleasing to win a game against Richmond, it's been a while, even if they are far from their best.

Best not to mention the umpiring.

Commiserations Richmond guys.
Best of luck. Certainly not one for the archives to watch later.

That first half was the worst footy I've seen.

We've been gone since the West Coast game I've said it each week. So many issues.

I'd be happy for Freo to make 8th, but honestly whoever does make it( even if it would have been us) will get killed by 5th. There's such a drop off after the top 5 or 6 this year.

I hope Cerra stays because I love it when young players stay true to their original clubs.

The first half may have been a clinic in how not to execute skills, but Freo showed more heart than the Eagles' entire month of July.

Congrats on a top win.

Never change Big Footy

First Margetts is a closet West Coast supporter who always shafts Freo..
Now apparently he's switched his allegiances over to Freo and has it in for Richmond

Righteo..

It’s a game day thread, all they are is umpire whinging.

So no point you guys winning today anyway? Worked out well then.
If from the get go Richmond had dominated and moved the ball well and hit target after target inside 50 and ripped you guys apart I would still hold hope for the finals. They are playing so poorly atm. They play with effort which is fantastic but since the loss to WCE they have been one of the most out of form teams going. Apart from slogging it out they were very poor again today. Your mob has a cast of 1000s out and the Tigers couldn't huryt the front till late and then capitulated. They are absolutely and horrifically gone. Your mob deserved the win, looked the better team.

You will dead set smash us.
We don't smash any one. I'll just be happy with the victory. Another 4 points to build a winning culture but we'll probably still finish bottom and land pick 1.

Edit: we get Thomas and Zurhaar back which should help our chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't smash any one. I'll just be happy with the victory. Another 4 points to build a winning culture but we'll probably still finish bottom and land pick 1
I'd be very surprised if North don't win. North are competitive against everyone atm. They play this new type of footy really well. The have that quick and daring ball movement that this season has destroyed Richmond. Pencil in the W.

Biggest age deficits for Freo

Age DiffYearRoundOppResultMargin
-3.222010SFGeelL69
-3.17201819HawL59
-3.15199618CarlL61
-3.10201323St.KL71
-3.0520009CarlL65
-2.9820031AdelL56
-2.89200116CarlL75
-2.74199620MelbL21
-2.68199513CarlL57
-2.68201717W.C.L30
-2.59202120Rich
-2.55200010N.M.L88
-2.51199610HawL57
Biggest age deficits for Freo

Age DiffYearRoundOppResultMargin
-3.222010SFGeelL69
-3.17201819HawL59
-3.15199618CarlL61
-3.10201323St.KL71
-3.0520009CarlL65
-2.9820031AdelL56
-2.89200116CarlL75
-2.74199620MelbL21
-2.68199513CarlL57
-2.68201717W.C.L30
-2.59202120Rich
-2.55200010N.M.L88
-2.51199610HawL57

This...was not supposed to happen. I'll take it though.

Umpires were a disgrace against Richmond with 5-6 holding the balls not paid to Richmond! But Richmond is very average!
We have pissed away any depth and pressure for spots and it really shows. I really hope no recruiting manager's really look forensically into Chol because he is a bit like the MBS' back in 2007. The media have some weird notion that he is an ok player but to anyone who watches him live they will see a VAFA level player.

Best of luck. Certainly not one for the archives to watch later.

That first half was the worst footy I've seen.

We've been gone since the West Coast game I've said it each week. So many issues.

I'd be happy for Freo to make 8th, but honestly whoever does make it( even if it would have been us) will get killed by 5th. There's such a drop off after the top 5 or 6 this year.

I hope Cerra stays because I love it when young players stay true to their original clubs.

Yeah I reckon there's the top 4-6 and then everyone else legit looks like they don't want to be there.

They had a guy holding an anchor up the whole game today

Yeah someone would know better than me. I thought that was why they switched to the chevrons in the first place, some legal issue with the Dockers brand. Assume it's a similar situation to Port's prison bars: they get the green light for the odd one off appearance but not sure if they'd be clear to have it as part of the regular kit and wear it 8-10 times a year.

Even if they repurposed the green and purple with chevrons, I reckon it'd immediately be the coolest clash in the league.

Thx mate, good luck with the rest of your games this season. I reckon you guys will be dangerous for more years yet.
This year is gone. Since the bye we have lost to all the easy beats and have only beaten Brisbane. Wha???? Today marks an early offseason. Retool for next year and hope the figure out how to play again.

Don’t think Eddie’s got any love for Richmond.
He loves us more than any Non-Vic club. Pretty sure he only ever barracks for the interstate club if;
1. Them winning is good for Collingwood, or
2. They are the real underdog

Eddie is a lot of things but you can't really question his loyalty to Collingwood and Victoria.

Back