Autopsy FREEEEOOOO!!!! (win by 4 to get back in the 8) - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

We're going to have to beat West Coast to make it. Nothing surer.
Young kids just proved they don’t need Fyfe and co to win. Finals still beckon if they want it and with how our last three opponents are playing, if they back up today, they’ll win 2 of the three and make finals.

How badly do the guys want it, we are going to find out over the next 3 weeks

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Young kids just proved they don’t need Fyfe and co to win. Finals still beckon if they want it and with how our last three opponents are playing, if they back up today, they’ll win 2 of the three and make finals.

How badly do the guys want it, we are going to find out over the next 3 weeks
Past form would indicate not enough. Maybe today is the day it changed? We can hope.

On a serious discussion note. What do we do with our backline. At this point it seems very obvious that Luke Ryan is at this best playing as a 2nd key defender. I don’t know why this is the case but last year he was AA in that role and all his best games this year have been when’s he’s had to play tall.

What’s our best structure down there?

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
On a serious discussion note. What do we do with our backline. At this point it seems very obvious that Luke Ryan is at this best playing as a 2nd key defender. I don’t know why this is the case but last year he was AA in that role and all his best games this year have been when’s he’s had to play tall.

we don’t know if that’s the case, cause we haven’t seen him at his best with the others there.

I would love to see Ryan playing the looser checking intercept role while Logue Hamling/Cox & Pearce take the talls..

that’s the dream

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hayden Young plays like a 200 gamer already. See him under a ball & relax cause he’s got it covered. Some of his kicking into the corridor is just elite already.

No one, literally no one has cleaner hands than Liam Henry. His touch is exquisite.

Brayshaw, Cerra & Serong with big Darcy is an elite midfield group.

Taberner is actually becoming a top level forward. I lost faith many times but to kick them under pressure like he did today is elite. Kudos.

Shultz was incredible. What a mark. That was the moment that changed the game.

Quiet achiever Aish has become crucial. He’s one of my favourite players.

Great to see Luke Ryan doing Luke Ryan stuff again.

A win for the ages. I was shaking like a leaf by the end.
Superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we don’t know if that’s the case, cause we haven’t seen him at his best with the others there.

I would love to see Ryan playing the looser checking intercept role while Logue Hamling/Cox & Pearce take the talls..

that’s the dream
I think we have though. Personally, I'd be playing no more than 2 of Pearce, Logue, Cox and Hamling. At a stretch you could include Logue, Cox and Pearce because Logue can play small if needed.

So we've seen Ryan play the intercept role the last month with Pearce and Logue in the team and he wasnt half as good as he was today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
My biggest worry too. Luke Ryan is such a luxury to have. Steps up into that second tall defender role with aplomb.
Logue was much better today too

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think we have though. Personally, I'd be playing no more than 2 of Pearce, Logue, Cox and Hamling. At a stretch you could include Logue, Cox and Pearce because Logue can play small if needed.

So we've seen Ryan play the intercept role the last month with Pearce and Logue in the team and he wasnt half as good as he was today.

fair enough, but I disagree. Logue is flexible and can play tall/small. Cox/Hamling & Pearce take the talls and Ryan the 3rd tall / interceptor.

much better structure.

mcpharlap

Senior List
Jun 15, 2005
perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle. Q.P.R
I am the first to admit, i got this game wrong and I can honestly say that win gave me all sorts of joy. Started out like we did have a point to prove, geez our kicking for goal has been putrid . I loved Tab's goal in the third quarter " simply amazeballs" . The effort by Andy B, Cerra ( please please oh my pretty please stay) Young, I thought Lukey Ryan had some very good moments today . Mundy I want the statue built soon. There was such a team effort to get the win today. I feared the worst when went behind in the last qtr ( an old freo side would of waved the white towel). but they did something special. I love this club/ I love some of our players and some of our fans too. Haha shut up davo. GO Freo

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle

If everyone is fully fit next year Nathan wilson wouldn't be in my 22. I reckon he has been bitterly disappointing. Makes stupid mistakes regularly. I would be keen to know his disposal efficiency without the kick ins. Most of them seem like turnovers. And when was the last time he kicked a goal on the run must have been with GWS

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
A few quick shout thoughts:

Brayshaw huge game
Young showing why people were so excited by him
Henry on the wing makes so much more sense than forward
Bolton looks a good player but the idea we would trade a swipe at key forward for him is mental.

Agree on young. Some of his pinpoint kicks to the centre of the ground were just like his draft videos. When his confidence is up the kid is a star

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I've dumped on the team lately, but I was wrong - the jumper means something to these players. Now they just need to play like that more consistently, and away from home.

Once again though look at the behind count. We dump on the team so Often that plays great footy but just can’t convert. Even if we kicked 50/50 we would be top 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back