Autopsy FREEEEOOOO!!!! (win by 4 to get back in the 8) - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fighting win, won by dominance in the clearances, the windy conditions did play havoc and helped out on defending their key tall forwards. Going forward I think missing Lobb, structurally, is going to hurt any serious chance of winning a final or making it. Good to win a game with less inside 50s and kicking less behinds than the opposition. Winning ugly has been part of this season

jeez Henry's pick ups and ball use was very exciting at times, the one thing I'd be critical of is his efforts to tackle and pressure, he can ball watch a bit - but this will hopefully be amended with time; I thought he was pretty classy when he needed to be, will grow from a game like that

I can’t be critical of Henry. I see a kid that gives 100% every time he takes the field. He is so young. And he is learning and will certainly make mistakes. I’ll be excited in a couple of years to have him on our team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Once again though look at the behind count. We dump on the team so Often that plays great footy but just can’t convert. Even if we kicked 50/50 we would be top 4

top 4 is over the top. do you remember the games where we were outclassed by Geelong, Bulldogs, Port, Melbourne etc. I think top 8 is reasonable , given our draw is relatively easy as we finished outside the 8 last year. Our best win was against Sydney when they were not in great form at home

Not a popular opinion but I don't get the love for Henry. Has had more games than deserved by performance, turns the ball over, drops sitters and isn't as good as he thinks he is.

I think he’ll be fine but I agree. He absolutely botched that mark in last quarter when he had a mile on his opponent. Has missed some easy kicks.

There was one where he passed to Colyer who had 2 near him. Colyer pulled in the mark, but Henry had a guy completely open in front of Colyer.

For a ‘natural instincts’ guy, he plays scared and invariably stuff it up often.

BUT he has the tools.

I can’t be critical of Henry. I see a kid that gives 100% every time he takes the field. He is so young. And he is learning and will certainly make mistakes. I’ll be excited in a couple of years to have him on our team

Dropped an absolute soda in the last , I am on the fence with this kid .

Plays with plenty of ticker though
Combine that with the abundance of talent plus X factor and we have ourselves a player
I think there still high bust potential but there is multiple AA potential as well, I get where the detractors are coming from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there still high bust potential but there is multiple AA potential as well, I get where the detractors are coming from
same, however this reminds me of a discussion we all had about brayshaw 2 seasons ago. like brayshaw he hasn't gone backwards he improving (albeit slowly). eventually i think he will take a leap.

I’m staggered anyone could have doubts about Henry. His is very rare talent.
He was injured in his U18 year & barely played any football before going straight into the cauldron of AFL & he’s still a little overwhelmed at the level but have you ever seen anyone pick up a ball one touch at full tilt the way he does?
His vision, decision making and execution of either leg is exquisite when he’s in the moment & the mistakes will lessen as he gets more comfortable as they already are.
More talent than Walters or Hill just remains to be seen if he has the mental toughness & work ethic but I’ve not heard a bad word said about his preparation & training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a good win - bloody cold :( I expected a thrashing to be honest but was so happy to see the youngsters stand up. Don't savage me too much but i think Freo have the young backs to go past Wilson and need to do so asap . . . and please continue to play Henry in the midfield

watching the replay already, some very harsh critics potting Western. Played his role for the most part and was better then first thought
6 contested posessions from 10 disposals, not bad for a 2nd gamer. I see the potential in him so I would love the team to keep him in to continue his development.

Shout out to Meek. Always wanted a foil for Darcy all season. He’s providing it. Sure he’s not marking or kicking but he’s not an easy beat in the centre or throw ins. Funnily enough Freo looked dangerous with him in the ruck then Darcy. Interesting.

Would’ve loved to have had Meek, Darcy and Lobb when they were all available/fit. Would’ve stretched defences

Was a good win - bloody cold :( I expected a thrashing to be honest but was so happy to see the youngsters stand up. Don't savage me too much but i think Freo have the young backs to go past Wilson and need to do so asap . . . and please continue to play Henry in the midfield
Mate. You’re not wrong.
Feel like Wilson missing his pace as he always seem to make shoddy decisions or just kicks it to nowhere. Walker, Young and Chapman can provide more off half back if Wilson keeps this up.

Oh man, you missed out. Commiserations. Despite the missed shots, best Freo game since the 2013 PF
Drove from Denmark to Perth via Dunsborough through almost Cyclonic conditions.

Got to the game hungover as F**k after getting on it till 2 am in Dunsborough as Tbone threaded his first
Screamed my lungs out the whole game
When that final siren went I was almost in disbelief, it was like Euphoria .
Definitely agree , I was at that PF in 2013 and this vibe was up there .
So proud boys and well done supporters , the lift was there in the last 10 minutes when the boys needed it ✊

Shout out to Meek. Always wanted a foil for Darcy all season. He’s providing it. Sure he’s not marking or kicking but he’s not an easy beat in the centre or throw ins. Funnily enough Freo looked dangerous with him in the ruck then Darcy. Interesting.

Would’ve loved to have had Meek, Darcy and Lobb when they were all available/fit. Would’ve stretched defences
Meek goes good in the ruck
Allows Darcy to roam around the ground wreaking havoc
Next thing Meek needs to learn is his contested marking and providing that outlet up the wing
This would assist Taberner in not having to push up so far

6 contested posessions from 10 disposals, not bad for a 2nd gamer. I see the potential in him so I would love the team to keep him in to continue his development.
He looked pretty switched on around the ball and has got quick hands .
Fair way to go though but stoked he is getting a run

I’m staggered anyone could have doubts about Henry. His is very rare talent.
He was injured in his U18 year & barely played any football before going straight into the cauldron of AFL & he’s still a little overwhelmed at the level but have you ever seen anyone pick up a ball one touch at full tilt the way he does?
His vision, decision making and execution of either leg is exquisite when he’s in the moment & the mistakes will lessen as he gets more comfortable as they already are.
More talent than Walters or Hill just remains to be seen if he has the mental toughness & work ethic but I’ve not heard a bad word said about his preparation & training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is class
Needs to work on getting the basics right though .
Almost like his mind is racing ahead of his contact with the ball .
This can’t be a bad thing though

He is class
Needs to work on getting the basics right though .
Almost like his mind is racing ahead of his contact with the ball .
This can’t be a bad thing though
It’s not. Sign of good things to come. Remember Crowden was the same and Federick. Just a tad off, a slight touch. A full pre season lines it up. Western isn’t that far off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back