Review Round 20 vs Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium (01.08.2021 @ 12:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely agree unfortunately - Dew needs to get this group to at least be competitive and ideally even jag a win. Carlton have no ruckman right now. They're our best chance. If he can't do that and we lose by 50+, then he's gone end of this season.

Probably the only positive was seeing Rowell getting hands on the footy more. The shoulder looks really strong but I think the knee has affected his burst of speed. One in the last quarter when Smith hand passed to him in the centre he should have burst away from the pack but just stopped and got tackled. I'm sure he will be working harder than anyone over the preseason to regain some power. Still not playing huge game time either so guess they're working him back into it.

Will message late tonight long after you have all finished posting.
Can’t see us being too competitive today.
We will see.

Just watched the Suns as though live.
What we put up was not what I meant by us not being too competitive.
The following must exit our beautiful city immediately
Dew
Haines
Tippett
Disgusting stuff
FRO imposters

Just watched the Suns as though live.
What we put up was not what I meant by us not being too competitive.
The following must exit our beautiful city immediately
Dew
Haines
Tippett
Disgusting stuff
FRO imposters
I agree with everything from Haines and below not Dew though. I still think he is the man to take us to glory

Mustn’t watch much footy as CEO often sit in the box ..or the head of footy ops anyway ... Peter bell dies it at freo most of time and I’ve seen others throughout the year .. but can’t blame the coach .. team just no good at moment
Pies CEO doesn't, that Ive seen. Wright only sat in the box since just before Bucks was sacked. But I've never noticed it was that common. Unless they are usually unseen, as ive only seen coaches in the cox.

Unless its a personal thing? Just to keep up to date and support the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mustn’t watch much footy as CEO often sit in the box ..or the head of footy ops anyway ... Peter bell dies it at freo most of time and I’ve seen others throughout the year .. but can’t blame the coach .. team just no good at moment
Also I’ve noticed looking at the video though I can’t even see Evans

Dave swallow.
26 touches..
Zero clearances
171m gained
no inside 50s
18 uncontested possessions

Are we really going to win games of football when our best mid has stats like above

We have got some serious issues in our midfield

If you are an OK or better AFL footballer then when you play midfield you can rack up the counting stats and the commentators can talk about 'touches' like you are actually being useful.

It is also easy to get uncontested ball if you don't spend much effort defending but just wait for the other team to stuff up and then you are open b/c there is no oppo near you.

But having an impact through the midfield is something else all together.

Suggest the only player through the middle of the ground having any sort of impact in the last 6 quarters is Touk.
Rowell trying but not succeeding.
The others are getting some counting stats but would be embarrassed during a review. Embarrassed with 25+ 'touches'.

I am genuinely worried about Noah, his attack on the ball has been pretty feeble the 2nd half of this year. Looks like his confidence is shot as he is always second to the ball then fumbly with it. 2nd year blues are a thing but he is going backwards from his performances at the start of the year

I am genuinely worried about Noah, his attack on the ball has been pretty feeble the 2nd half of this year. Looks like his confidence is shot as he is always second to the ball then fumbly with it. 2nd year blues are a thing but he is going backwards from his performances at the start of the year

I think he spent all
His meal tickets.
His legs kinda look thick n heavy atm too.
Maybe he needs his bestie in Rowell getting best on’s for him
To get his spark back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back