List Mgmt. Club greats - time to say goodbye

Remove this Banner Ad

grimes? the guy was our best player today LOL, has actually had a solid year. still has 3 years left maybe
Calling for Grimes to hang them up might just be the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on this website.

The problem with playing Cotch banged up as he is is that he may judge himself as not being up to it. He cant be enjoying his football now he is out there injured.

I would rather rest him and give him a chance to come back in the final rounds to be able to see himself if he is able to go around again.

He does come across as a guy who will want to call time when its right so let him have a good view point of where he really is as a footballer as he would know better than anyone else.

Houli to call time is the only obvious one but tough decisions may need to be made.

The calls for Grimes to go are ludicrous. Can Jack assist Tom Lynch more. Needs to spot him better than he did last week.

How bad does this thread look now?

Pull your heads in boys, a couple of losses, hell a horror season or two, we cannot ever disrespect our legends who won us three flags. The outsiders are being disrespectful enough, it can't come from our own.

Jack Riewoldt is 2nd in the Coleman. I cannot believe his name was thrown around, happy 300th I guess, hey?

Just cause people are behind a keyboard and position it as an 'opinion' doesn't make it right by me, if we lose the next 6 in a row, we still show our boys respect. We all wanted one flag, they gave us three, we gotta be grateful for that.

No we weren’t

Ah you're right. 3th oldest from what I can see. Geelong in 2020 were the oldest Grand Final team, and between the two teams we were the oldest Grand Final ever. But the two older teams were the 2015 Hawks and 2011 Cats. The 2004 Lions were also older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with playing Cotch banged up as he is is that he may judge himself as not being up to it. He cant be enjoying his football now he is out there injured.

I would rather rest him and give him a chance to come back in the final rounds to be able to see himself if he is able to go around again.

He does come across as a guy who will want to call time when its right so let him have a good view point of where he really is as a footballer as he would know better than anyone else.

Houli to call time is the only obvious one but tough decisions may need to be made.

The calls for Grimes to go are ludicrous. Can Jack assist Tom Lynch more. Needs to spot him better than he did last week.

Why is he not rested and play the kids??

What am I missing?

Just cause people are behind a keyboard and position it as an 'opinion' doesn't make it right by me, if we lose the next 6 in a row, we still show our boys respect. We all wanted one flag, they gave us three, we gotta be grateful for that.
Opinions are like asss_wholes, we dont need to see them all

Nothing surer than Jack would play big in his 300th, but he'd kicked 6 goals over his last 5 games so keen to see how he goes across the rest of the season.

Most of the season is played. His rolling at 2.5 goals per game. If he doesn't kick another goal, that average goes to 1.9 - higher than last year, and the same as 2019.

We don't have to push any of the older blokes out if we keeping bringing in the youth which we have done each year despite being mid dynasty. They'll know when it's time and will do the right thing when it comes.

What's this looking like now?

Willing to concede that Jack potentially gets a reprieve due to the state of our delivery would make it hard for any forward,

But surely no one can tell me with a straight face Cotchin should go on next year?

Houli is the same, worrying form signs but simply cannot trust his body anymore.

I'll say it again with the omission of Riewoldt,

Cotchin and Houli we should absolutely be managing and planning to send them off as greats at the end of this season.

Willing to concede that Jack potentially gets a reprieve due to the state of our delivery would make it hard for any forward,

But surely no one can tell me with a straight face Cotchin should go on next year?

Houli is the same, worrying form signs but simply cannot trust his body anymore.

Cotchin and Houli we should absolutely be managing and planning to send them off as greats at the end of this season.
Thought Cotchin was one of our best yesterday

I think Houli should probably retire and move into heading up our community programs. Cotchin should get another year where he can play part time and support the young leaders who will take over from him the proceeding year. Jack deserves another two years to do the same. Jack still has plenty to give up forward and on the wing given the way he plays and brings others around him into the game.

I think its a mistake to retire all our leaders and cultural players all in one hit. Staggering their exit over the next few years would be best for the growth of our youth and strength of our club

I think Houli should probably retire and move into heading up our community programs. Cotchin should get another year where he can play part time and support the young leaders who will take over from him the proceeding year. Jack deserves another two years to do the same. Jack still has plenty to give up forward and on the wing given the way he plays and brings others around him into the game.

I think its a mistake to retire all our leaders and cultural players all in one hit. Staggering their exit over the next few years would be best for the growth of our youth and strength of our club
Houli>>This year.Farewell game rnd 23
Jack/Astbury & Cotch>>Next year.Cotch & Astbury to be managed(No interstate games).

Thought Cotchin was one of our best yesterday
In the third quarter for sure.

In the first half he wouldn't take a shot 40m out in front and cost a guaranteed goal with a 50.

I think the overall trend is he can't consistently perform anymore due to the punishment he's taken, even if he can throw in the odd cameo.

Cotch has had 32 possessions and didn't stop stop crashing in all day. Not sure what the hell you're expecting from our skipper. Besides that, he's always put the team first and has earned the right to decide when he goes.

Said with a straight face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back