Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

There already is a 3.20 game though. I reckon they will either put it 12.40 slot they been using or really late 6.10\40.

Possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if they move the Saints vs. Swans game and we take the 15:20 game, if not I reckon you're right it will either be early on Sunday or Sunday night.

Hopefully Dunkley gets to put on a good show for his suitor.

One of the biggest issues that needed to be addressed this season was the lack of forward pressure and now this week there’s a chance to unleash the four headed pressure monster of JJ, Weightman, Garcia and Vandermeer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Richards, Duryea
Out: Roarke (got token touches against bottom 4 side, 1 tackle though when he was doing a "job" 😂) , the other out should be who needs a rest.

Hopefully Dunkley gets to put on a good show for his suitor.

One of the biggest issues that needed to be addressed this season was the lack of forward pressure and now this week there’s a chance to unleash the four headed pressure monster of JJ, Weightman, Garcia and Vandermeer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Honestly doubt we're gonna be doing big money trades this year. As much as I'd love to get Dunkley I think Lipinski or Lewis Young are better options for us, especially Young.

Anyway, that's a discussion for another thread. This is a good test for us against the best team in it right now. We're lacking in midfield depth so I see us struggling in that regard but I also think we have the forward line to test your defence if we can get it down there enough, whilst yours will feast on ours if Laverde and Heppell miss through injury.

Honestly doubt we're gonna be doing big money trades this year. As much as I'd love to get Dunkley I think Lipinski or Lewis Young are better options for us, especially Young.

Anyway, that's a discussion for another thread. This is a good test for us against the best team in it right now. We're lacking in midfield depth so I see us struggling in that regard but I also think we have the forward line to test your defence if we can get it down there enough, whilst yours will feast on ours if Laverde and Heppell miss through injury.

Like most games this one will probably be decided out of the middle.

Like... Aaron Francis? 😂😂😂
Dude, we've been top 4 for efficiency inside 50 the entire year. We're .going to end up with 5 players kick 20+ goals this season, but yeah, it's going to be so hard to kick a score when you have Josh Schache line up on Cale Hooker and Zaine Cordy on Peter Wright..

Dude, we've been top 4 for efficiency inside 50 the entire year. We're .going to end up with 5 players kick 20+ goals this season, but yeah, it's going to be so hard to kick a score when you have Josh Schache line up on Cale Hooker and Zaine Cordy on Peter Wright..
The only key forward pairing in the competition they could actually beat

Peter Who?

Oh, the Darts player.

The formidable twin towers of Hooker and Wright will surely have us quivering in our boots!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you mentioned Hooker and Wright and expect intelligent conversation about the game is about as comedic as it gets.
Because I respect the rules of this board I'll make my exit rather than using the obvious retort that you're so desperate for. Clear as day you guys won't respect my opinion so it's wasted.

Have fun with your thread, maybe next year you won't be quite so dismissive of opposition posters trying to have a discussion

Because I respect the rules of this board I'll make my exit rather than using the obvious retort that you're so desperate for. Clear as day you guys won't respect my opinion so it's wasted.

Have fun with your thread, maybe next year you won't be quite so dismissive of opposition posters trying to have a discussion
We aren't usually so smug. You're welcome on here.

Okay, I've had my fun. I'll provide some intelligent insight.

Josh Schache will be going into game three of his new defensive venture and in the two weeks prior has impressed against a Melbourne forward line and Taylor Walker who has been in the top 3 Coleman since the start of the season. It is way too early to suggest he will impress for a third game in a row but I'm happy with how this experiment is going.

Zaine Cordy has been servicable enough against his opponents without being outstanding.

We rely largely on our midfield to make up for our obvious deficiencies in our back line and as such, I'm not too concerned about the forward line of Essendon, because our midfield will be even stronger this week with the likely return of Adam Treloar. Bontempelli also played a large portion of the Adelaide game as a forward, that coupled with a 8 day break should result in him being cherry ripe as it appeared he may have needed a rest.

I am impressed with Essendon this year, they play exciting football. I don't expect it would stack up in finals right now but that's okay because you aren't aiming for that at the moment. I would certainly rather be an Essendon fan than most other clubs in the bottom part of the ladder (and even some in the 8).

No man is an island.

We play a strong team defence with plenty of pressure around the ball.

Sure, you can cherry pick a Cordy or Schache who may struggle one on one at times.

But there is a lot more to our defence than just Cordy and Schache.

Like a lot of others I been calling for Schache to be tried back for 2 years. His first 2 tests have been promising my only concern is his bodywork against a strong player.

I genuinely thought he was being self deprecating in a Scrag kind of way, having a laugh at their own expense on how bad their key forwards were, in a Trent Bartlett/Kingsley Hunter kind of way.

*"What have you done? They'll be coming for you" - Leigh Matthews to himself, right after he hit Neville Bruns

On AFL web site it has us playing Essendon on Friday night.....not sure if this is correct given the 5 day break????
1627878054835.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back