Preview Changes vs the Eagles - Round 21, 2021

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Norf beat the eagles over there a few weeks back.
Theyre no longer feared in WA- for 2021 anyway.
So long as eagles member Margetts isnt umpiring we should be set. Due to covid costs 3 WA umpires could be a problem.

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If tmac injured then tempted to bring in M Brown. Takes a big mark and can kick a goal or two same as tmac.
Weideman ? Had his chances.
How the hell does Port look a big chance for the 4.
Havent beaten anyone.
Frustrating.
I'd love to get a look at M Brown play, considering how well he went earlier in the year. But I think he might still be injured.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Given TMac stuffed up the match committee early preferred forward option by being great, if he is out I think they will take the opportunity to bring in Weid to play with Brown. (Early injuries to Weid and Brown gave him his opportunity and he took it)

Last edited:

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Confirmed for Monday 8.10pm AEST. Should keep the crowd size down.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
I just watched the replay. Imo Vibey, Sparrow, and Harmes were average, and one of them should probably be dropped (Harmes). No idea who to bring in though, someone who doesn't get caught holding the ball and who can deliver a nice kick would be good....

Or shuffle the deck chairs, bring Hibbo back in and release Salem into the midfield.

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
For what its worth Melbourne backline 2018 Prelim final .. eagles v melb
CHB Frost
Full Back O/Mac +
Smith jetta lewis Hibberd
Absolute crap except for Hibberd but even he struggles to hold his place now.
Lever May Salem Petty Rivers Hunt.
Completely different class of defenders.
How did we make it so far with that backline..amazing.
Bring on r21 payback.

Eagles are normally a powerhouse over there but in 2021 they are legitimately soft. Would be a terrible result if we lose to them.
Get a jump on them and they will fold very quickly

Confirmed for Monday 8.10pm AEST. Should keep the crowd size down.
Perth supporters seem to turn up to Monday night football

Although you would imagine that alot of the supporters would stay away after their recent form

I doubt that it'll happen as he doesn't tend to play his best against physical ruckmen, but god I'd love Gawn to towel up Naitanui this week.

Nothing against Naitanui, he's great. But the collective circle jerk from West Coast supporters that seem to believe he's better than Farmer, Stynes, Sandilands, Goldstein, Madden, Grundy and Gawn combined is nauseating.

I doubt that it'll happen as he doesn't tend to play his best against physical ruckmen, but god I'd love Gawn to towel up Naitanui this week.

Nothing against Naitanui, he's great. But the collective circle jerk from West Coast supporters that seem to believe he's better than Farmer, Stynes, Sandilands, Goldstein, Madden, Grundy and Gawn combined is nauseating.
and don't forget Cox, they have been claiming that he is better than him which is amazing tbh

and don't forget Cox, they have been claiming that he is better than him which is amazing tbh
Short memories, clearly. Cox was twice the player Naitanui is.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Different era but Farmer was the best , Nicholls pretty good as well . I reckon you could throw a blanket over modern ruck men , but for sheer viciousness big Carl Ditterich was brutal and also pretty good at his craft.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Goldstein is IMO the most underrated player of the last 20 years. Reckon he has an argument to be right up there next to Cox as the best ruck of the modern era.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably a better player than Gawn too tbf
That's very debatable..

Gawn will be AA this year for a 5th time. Cox made 6.

Cox was an absolute beast in 06-09, before playing a bit more time forward and hitting the scoreboard later in his career. I obviously never saw farmer, and only vaguely remember Stynes.

Honestly reckon as dees fans on here we are a bit hard on some of our players at times. Gawn has competed against blokes like Goldstein, Grundy, Natinui and Mumford who, in most other generations would be the best ruck of their time. We probably get stuck into gawn because he gets rubbished by Stanley and Lycett and little bitches like that occasionally.

Cox is ahead now, but gawn is 29 and might still have another year or 2 at his peak, then may play more forward with Jackson coming through similar to Cox at the end of his career with Natinui.

be an interesting discussion when max hangs it up

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's very debatable..

Gawn will be AA this year for a 5th time. Cox made 6.

Cox was an absolute beast in 06-09, before playing a bit more time forward and hitting the scoreboard later in his career. I obviously never saw farmer, and only vaguely remember Stynes.

Honestly reckon as dees fans on here we are a bit hard on some of our players at times. Gawn has competed against blokes like Goldstein, Grundy, Natinui and Mumford who, in most other generations would be the best ruck of their time. We probably get stuck into gawn because he gets rubbished by Stanley and Lycett and little bitches like that occasionally.

Cox is ahead now, but gawn is 29 and might still have another year or 2 at his peak, then may play more forward with Jackson coming through similar to Cox at the end of his career with Natinui.

be an interesting discussion when max hangs it up

Yep. I feel even as a MFC fan I can be pretty hard on Gawn. Guy is going to retire as a MFC legend and probably enters the AFL Hall of Fame at some stage.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was 30k when I went to the Monday game v North. Expect a similar crowd next Monday.

They’ve been horrible lately, but a good start to stop any confidence and momentum building will be key.

Yep, good starts in Perth are critical. They're in crap form but last thing we want is a MFC stinker first quarter giving away a 4-5 goal lead.

Perth supporters seem to turn up to Monday night football

Although you would imagine that alot of the supporters would stay away after their recent form

Public transport is a bit of a hassle. They don't put on the bus services like they do on a Saturday or Sunday because it's too close to peak hour. Hope WC fans think the same and stay away haha. I'll be there though.

mores

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, good starts in Perth are critical. They're in crap form but last thing we want is a MFC stinker first quarter giving away a 4-5 goal lead.
When have we given away a 4 to 5 goal lead his year?

Back