Discussion NAFL 2021 - Preseason Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

NAFL PRESEASON HUB 2020 - This year, it's anyone's game.

IT'S TIME

Welcome to the new premiership season of the National Australian Football League for 2021.

Last year's competition was a resounding success, with 64 entrant teams battling it out in the largest scale competition this forum has ever seen, leading to the highest quality field of entrants in board history. This season, we want to keep that momentum going so much like last season, there will be no NAFL Reserves league, and every designer will be allowed to enter two teams.

There's just one catch. You cannot enter both teams from last season, meaning if you do enter two new teams, one of the teams must at the very least be a relocation/rebrand. This is to keep things fresh, and encourage all designers to continue to explore new design avenues, which was the purpose of the two teams. This led to eleven out of the final sixteen teams last season being either entirely new identities, or rebrands of existing identities.

Whilst there will likely again be some identity overlap with a large field of entrants, new teams are expected to come up with new identities.

The structure of the competition will likely be the same as last season, however this will depend on final numbers. I would ideally like to have another staggered round robin that sees 3/4 of teams make it into the finals, which can lead to some very exciting matchups early on in the series. The finals series will remain the same as last year, where games will be single leg (home vs away, with higher ranked team in home guernsey) up until no advantage can be given, in which games will become two legged, with aggregate score coming into play if teams are tied. If a tiebreaker is needed, the third guernseys will be used.

So, you want to enter? Submit your team bid(s) below, like this:

Team: Perth Boomers
Colours: Navy & orange

(No, the Boomers won't be making a surprise appearance this season. I will not be entering this year.)

Note that you do not have to submit both bids now, if you need time to decide on your second team, feel free to take it.

Once you have had your bid(s) accepted, here is the design guide for this season:

Please note, we have some fairly significant changes this season from previous seasons, please take note!

NAFL 2021 Design Guide.jpg

Once your bid has been accepted and you've finished your entry, to submit, please PM your images to me in a message entitled "NAFL 2021 Entry: [teamname]" and include the direct links to your images wrapped with the code tags, ideally uploaded via Imgur or Flickr, at an appropriate size (max size should really be 1920x1080, but yeah, no 4K/8K PNG files please!)

NAFL logo, stroke, PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/TPkoHIE.png

NAFL logo, no stroke, PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/lVYHRTz.png

Feel free to use this thread to promote your team, post graphics, previews, banter or anything on topic.

Entries are due on October 9th, 2021, 7.00pm AEST.

Accepted bids (35 so far)

WA

Swan Valley TBA - BringBackTheAnchor
Esperance Breakers - Cainozz
Southern River Silverbacks - Cainozz
Great Southern Sharks - muggsy26
Albany Possums - Swooping_Magpie
Burswood Jacks - DAT8

SA

Adelaide Pistons - fancyscum
Naracoorte Bats - just_kick_it
Whyalla Steelers - magpienato
Port Lincoln Sharks - TheDoctor11
Wild Horse Plains FC - Power Of Optimism
Woomera Rockets - caloschwaby

VIC

Bendigo Gold Dragons - Zoops
Greensborough Golds - cannavo
Burnley Brics - dino_67
Parkville Pirates - dino_67
Preston FC - Swooping_Magpie
Geelong Dragons - The Half Back
Ballarat Miners - Supercheapgiants
Whittlesea Eagles - Fizzler

TAS

Hobart Hornets - Bacon Warrior
Devonport Mariners - tigerz18

NSW

Macarthur Phantons - Craegus
Byron Bay Blazers - exile
Parkes Voyagers - exile
Newcastle Dolphins - Supercheapgiants

ACT
Canberra Snakes - GoodPoint
Capitals FC - Fizzler

QLD

Cairns Football Club - BringBackTheAnchor
Toowoomba Tsars - magpienato
Apollo Sunshine - SunsphereParker

NT

Alice Springs Pirates - Spanna_

NZ

Wellington Seawolves - Craegus
Waikato Tigers - El_Scorcho
Maunganui Huia - Rioli8217

Last edited:
04h2XM6.png

Team: Wellington Seawolves
Colours: Midnight, Teal, White

aw9e1xO.png

Team: Macarthur Phantoms
Colours: Black, Purple, Sky, Grey

Harbour City Storm graphic designer get a new job at the NAFL?

He’s a top talent, had no choice but to hire him. 😂

04h2XM6.png

Team: Wellington Seawolves
Colours: Midnight, Teal, White

aw9e1xO.png

Team: Macarthur Phantoms
Colours: Black, Purple, Sky, Grey

Both bids accepted. 🤙

Probably pretty important to mention this early on here,but my biggest piece of advice in this competition.

Whilst your away guernsey is in theory your secondary design, treat it as a contrasting alternate home guernsey. If your away is as strong as your home, you’ll have a good time.

Considering Whittlesea + a new second team, don't want to be held to it just yet though so we'll see if things change between now and then and whether I'll actually be able to get a team in. Looking as though I most likely will though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team: Harbour Black Swans
Colours: Black and Red

Team: Maunganui Phoenix
Colours: Navy and Green

First bid would need to be altered, as it’s basically the Sydney Swans. Whilst I haven’t laid it out as a rule, generally speaking you should avoid existing IRL team identities in the area.

Team: Cairns Football Club
Colours: Charcoal, Green and Yellow

Team: Swan Valley
Colours: Black, White, Yellow and Pink

Both approved. 🤙

Team: Esperance Breakers
Colours: Purple, Teal, Silver & White

Team: Southern River Silverbacks
Colours: Orange, Black, Grey & White

Can't wait to get back into it :)

First bid would need to be altered, as it’s basically the Sydney Swans. Whilst I haven’t laid it out as a rule, generally speaking you should avoid existing IRL team identities in the area.
Whoops 1628063888384.png
1628063898559.png

Team: Toowoomba Tsars
Colours: Crimson Red, Regal Blue, Gold, White

Team: Whyalla Steelers
Colours: TBC (Silver and Dark grey will most likely be involved)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back