Guitar Players

Remove this Banner Ad

My favorite player is Keith Richards, not the most technical of players. Mick Taylor is also high on my list. I once had a shot at a Dan Armstrong back 79/80. Still kick myself for not going for it. lol

Buddy Guy - I play a lot of blues and love a lot of old blues players. I really get off on the slide solo in this one.

Mike Campbell - my kind of solo. Apparently there an interesting story behind its recording :)

more favorites
Alex Lifeson - Got to be one of the most underrated great players ever. In my early days of learning to play, Rush's first 5 albums were my a major part of my canon. Recently have been digging their last 5.

Dave Gilmour - Comfortably Numb must be on everybody's must learn list. Got introduced to him and the Floyd with the movie this clip is from way back in the 70s. Scarred for life. Check out the Barn Jams.

Mark Knofler - Sultans of Swing is one of those songs that always brings me back to when I first heard it. Also love his atmospheric stuff like Brothers in Arm and Telegraph Road.

and more :)
Gary Moore - Like Rory Gallagher, left us too early. Great blues, but I always liked his Celtic rock too.

Steve Howe - spider fingers, early Yes is another that transports me back to a special time long ago.

I went through a period on getting into the first shredder/prog types. Mahavishnu, Dimeola, Zappa, jazzy Beck, Crimson etc. This song has two of those guys on it. Mediterranean Sundance and Friday Night in San Francisco blew me away.

Awesome, a very young SRV here - also loved Albert's introduction suggesting they had not pre-rehearsed this?
Yeah sure old boy, like you both magically new who was playing lead and/or accompanying lead and/or rhythm parts are various times just by luck - and the track is ironically called 'Don't Lie to me', ha ha...

Last edited:
A 20yo Angus Young here people, going a little nuts with his solo on AC/DC's iconic 'Squealer' track, which a very very hard to find track on the Internet...

Youtube removed this years ago, I guess because of the misogynistic theme of the track, although the boys rarely performed this live so I guess there is that too - so audio links are all that remain...

"https://www.nhaccuatui.com/mh/auto/my2hk8wppUtl"

Last edited:
A 20yo Angus Young here people, going a little nuts with his solo on AC/DC's iconic 'Squealer' track, which a very very hard to find track on the Internet...

Youtube removed this years ago, I guess because of the misogynistic theme of the track, although the boys rarely performed this live so I guess there is that too - so audio links are all that remain...

"https://www.nhaccuatui.com/mh/auto/my2hk8wppUtl"
Link doesn't work ☹

That's a shame, could be browser related as it works fine/auto plays for me using Google Chrome...?

I could post the related mp3 file but I'm not sure that's allowed...
‘Not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.’
Oh well, got the original on vinyl!
”I think I got the magic touch!”

‘Not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.’
Oh well, got the original on vinyl!
”I think I got the magic touch!”

Yep, Squealer is on their 'Dirty Deeds Undertaken Rather Inexpensively' album...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've been playing guitar for years, refining your talent/ability (like some of my friends have) and still can't get near this level - don't feel bad, as very few will....

Last edited:
Genies at work, how brilliant is this! I weep a little every time I hear or see SRV, We lost him to young and the world is a poorer place because of it :(
What makes it even sadder, is he had overcome his drug problems and was doing well, loving life.
If only a spare seat hadn’t become available on that chopper…..

Just a little girl in a blue dress, but also one of the great bassists of our time. Australian Tal Wilkenfeld with Blake Mills on lead, both great players. Live opening for the Who in Boston.

Just a little girl in a blue dress, but also one of the great bassists of our time. Australian Tal Wilkenfeld with Blake Mills on lead, both great players. Live opening for the Who in Boston.

Perhaps showing my ignorance here but, while I appreciate their skill/talent, I do struggle to get excited over bassists. To me it's like trying to dance to someone playing the Tuba...

Perhaps showing my ignorance here but, while I appreciate their skill/talent, I do struggle to get excited over bassists. To me it's like trying to dance to someone playing the Tuba...
Then listen to the guitarist and keep developing your music apprecation skills.:)

That was awesome, thanks for sharing.

No worries. There is also a very good anecdote in the comments section; 'what an exceptional performance and distraction while his mates rob the bank behind him!'...