Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

There were mixed reports about this guy. He had mild Covid symptoms, tested negative after a few days and felt fine. Then died of a heart attack and there were some reports of a family history of heart trouble. It's been referred to the coroner so we should wait for his findings before drawing any conclusions.

It didn't stop the usual suspects citing this guy's tragic death for their own purposes.

Quite the scare campaign for Gladys.

Bash Mnati, Mr Alaskar's cousin told the Daily Telegraph he was having a shower and fell down and "his heart stopped out of nowhere and he was vomiting on the floor"....Relatives insist he had tested negative for Covid the day before he died and his family had a history of heart problems, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Pretty sure it's common that viruses mutate to be more transmissible but less deadly otherwise they would be unlikely to usurp the original strain or any other new strains.

But by all means lap up whatever they tell you and ignore all the numbers that show this to be the case.

In the UK our numbers and deaths were coming down long before the Delta variant came into play. It coincided directly with the vaccine surge.

But yes, continue to hit that DMT your smoking.

Yeah and 50% vaccination in the US has dropped mortality by a lot more than 50%. Assuming the vaccine works at least somewhat mitigating the chance of catching it and great protection if you catch it why is the mortality not around 50% of the 2020 rates?

How did those unvaccinated 50% have better rates than 2020?

When you start by vaccinating the most at-risk, you’re going to see deaths drop by a higher proportion than the vaccinated population.

It’s like free thinkers never learn maths.

The WHO has urged for delays to Covid booster shots as shortages hit lower-income countries.

The WHO wants to have 40 per cent of the world vaccinated by the end of the year, and get to 70 per cent by mid-2022. In higher-income nations, more than half of the population has already received at least one shot, the WHO said. In low-income countries, the figure hovers just above 1 per cent.

Puts the scandal around Australia's rollout into perspective. The great global scandal is the total disregard for human life if you're not from the few dozen countries that matter in the world.

Talking of grand bullshit statements. 🙄
Eh?

Spanish Flu H1N1 would just become the seasonal flu until 1957. Reason why old folk were not overly troubled by the recent H1N1 Swine Flu - they had its grandfather repeatedly.

The second wave was more deadly than the first, due to a mutation.

So whilst they generally tend to become less deadly with time, it’s not a rule.

Those ******* anti-lockdown protesters! I knew it. Bigfooty told me! They've spread it, haven't they? Those ******* assholes. Send them off to Christmas Island and lock them up until they've all been vaccinated or castrated, whichever is quicker!

Oh wait... It wasn't the protesters. It was... Oh, I see... Well, wouldn't want to lay blame on any particular group of people. We all make mistakes and are in this together.
or the teacher is lying and was at the protest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no goalpost shift. I’ve had 2, and only 2, issues with the lockdowns. Small businesses being destroyed and kids childhoods being ruined.
Indoor hospitality venues is terribly sad but there’s not much you can do. Other small businesses should be open. Sports clubs should be open.

The cumulative damage being done to kids is brutal. That they continue to close schools is outrageous.
separate from the question of general school closures, do you support closing schools where there has been a known exposure (as likely to have close contacts)

Virus is weaksauce, vaccine doesn't work, lock downs do more harm than good and still people think the government cares about their health.
We have a conspiracy board. Go there please.

separate from the question of general school closures, do you support closing schools where there has been a known exposure (as likely to have close contacts)
The fight I was having was about the level of restrictions rather than about their appropriateness or otherwise.

I think with schools is if there is a known exposure, close for 3 days and get everyone tested. Then simply follow the same process as everyone else.

This wholesale closure of schools is doing enormous damage. I’m no psychologist but every time my football team that I coach (because I hate kids so much 🙄) come back from lockdown you can see it.

And then subsequent waves became less virulent.

So what you're saying is that viruses can mutate to become more, or less deadly, and that whilst the less deadly strains tend to be the ones that survive long term, there's no rule that they can't become more deadly?

Glad we got there.

I just don’t get why this is still an argument.

A more transmissible but slightly “weaker” variant could still kill more people in total. Not to mention the long term effects, and the short term strain on medical systems.

If one person infects 2 people, after a week that’s 128 infected.

If it’s more transmissible and they infect 3 people that’s over 2,000.

It’s the dreaded maths again!

If the first kills 1%, that’s 1.28 people.

If the second kills 0.5%, that’s 10 people.

* (doing sums in my head while on the dunny)

Last edited:
I just don’t get why this is still an argument.

A more transmissible but slightly “weaker” variant could still kill more people in total. Not to mention the long term effects, and the short term strain on medical systems.

If one person infects 2 people, after a week that’s 128 infected.

If it’s more transmissible and they infect 3 people that’s over 2,000.

It’s the dreaded maths again!

If the first kills 1%, that’s 1.28 people.

If the second kills 0.5%, that’s 10 people.
It's the same old, same old.
No matter how they cut it, the would-be killers keep coming back.

It's the same old, same old.
No matter how they cut it, the would-be killers keep coming back.

My favourite part is when they - completely lacking any form of self reflection - declare everyone else is selfish for not wanting to allow them to do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, because MuH fReEdUmS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back