Preview Round 21, 2021 | North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ MCG | Saturday, August 7 @ 4:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Not sure about that. I think some on here tend to over rate Bonar. I haven't seen him kick a goal yet like the one Atu kicked last week after a pressure act and intercept against 2 defenders.

Totally agree. I’ve seen Bonar make mistakes and turnovers by the s**t load.

Fingers crossed he lives up to expectations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possible that aswell interesting that xerri wasn't mentioned injured on the clubs injury list unless it was a late injury
It was weird, it just says injured on the reason for his omission. Not even a specific one. Probably just soreness.

Sounds like not much, but in reality MCG does play very differently, especially for forwards and defenders. I reckon if we put up the same forward line as we did last week, we'll struggle to score even 6 goals.
I've always thought the MCG was the roundest footy oval, perhaps not really an oval.

It seems its got more space thru the flanks into the pockets.

Totally agree. I’ve seen Bonar make mistakes and turnovers by the sh*t load.

Fingers crossed he lives up to expectations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Loved what I saw from Bonar this year when at the game against the Crows. Also the Cats.
Plays taller so a bit more versatile than Atu. Very quick, good closing speed.
I think perception of his disposal will change when the team is more cohesive around him.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loved what I saw from Bonar this year when at the game against the Crows. Also the Cats.
Plays taller so a bit more versatile than Atu. Very quick, good closing speed.
I think perception of his disposal will change when the team is more cohesive around him.
I actually thought he was pretty neat by foot. Has a good disposal %, small sample size though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I thought January was when we reminisced on books and TV shows from our childhood? Although if The Filth Wizard is only 40 and loves Susan Sarandon from her Rocky Horror performance he must have been watching in utero.

I watched Robocop at 7, my folks were pretty much anything goes.

Can someone please tell me why we shouldn’t win this match? Sure we have the Cunners hoodoo but Dusty is out for them, plus we have 3 top 10 players returning in CZ, TT and Bonar. I don’t believe the G is going to be an issue after all we play Bellerive well and we beat the eagles on their big ground. Honestly can see North winning and winning well. 😀

Can someone please tell me why we shouldn’t win this match? Sure we have the Cunners hoodoo but Dusty is out for them, plus we have 3 top 10 players returning in CZ, TT and Bonar. I don’t believe the G is going to be an issue after all we play Bellerive well and we beat the eagles on their big ground. Honestly can see North winning and winning well.

Bonar has to be the “whatever the opposite to whipping boy is” player at North.

Edit: He’s our Bubble Boy. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can someone please tell me why we shouldn’t win this match? Sure we have the Cunners hoodoo but Dusty is out for them, plus we have 3 top 10 players returning in CZ, TT and Bonar. I don’t believe the G is going to be an issue after all we play Bellerive well and we beat the eagles on their big ground. Honestly can see North winning and winning well. 😀
Its a very good question.
(Sorry, long times Shinboner fan from NSW here, first time I've posted here.)
How do we feel about either Bonar or Tarrant taking control of Riewoldt? I'm not that comfortable about that match up.
On the other hand, I think our followers will comprehensively kick the Tigers asses.
From what little I've seen of Grimes and Short this season, they've been decent performers. Will be great to see how Zurhaar and Larkey deal with them.

But on the basis of form and grit, you've got to back the shinboners.

I watched Robocop at 7, my folks were pretty much anything goes.
FA2F350D-8661-458F-B4C4-FA9F345A44DF.gif

861A537B-1434-4927-9727-592B4D6B8968.gif

0550FBC8-4BA5-4DB7-9AE7-3188D897DBD2.gif

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
How do we feel about either Bonar or Tarrant taking control of Riewoldt? I'm not that comfortable about that match up.
On the other hand, I think our followers will comprehensively kick the Tigers asses.
From what little I've seen of Grimes and Short this season, they've been decent performers. Will be great to see how Zurhaar and Larkey deal with them.

Hopefully Taz beats him like a red headed stepchild

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I would love to see Bonar play some roles against some taller players to add some more strings to his bow. He does remind me of a young Josh Gibson playing down back.

Where abouts from NSW?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would love to see Bonar play some roles against some taller players to add some more strings to his bow. He does remind me of a young Josh Gibson playing down back.

Where abouts from NSW?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The North Illawarra, though I moved here from Tassie 15 years ago.

Its not such a bad place to endure (what I expect will be) a very long lockdown, even with two small kids. I'm fortunate - the worst event for me personally was the realisation I wouldn't see Cunners play for the rest of the season!

Only problem for our family to date has been the uphill battle getting my 4 year old son excited about footy, when all he's seen around him in the community is soccer and NRL. I've even taken him to the odd Swans game to whet his appetite. My fingers are crossed.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

"Followers"...that's a term I haven't seen since 1978.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back