Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Caleb will move up the ground too. If Ed & Duryea come back in then we’ll have 8 defenders. I think Caleb will be used variety of roles for the rest of the year depending upon the situation of the game, and has been prepped for that all year.
I think Daniel plays his best individual footy behind the ball but geez if our backline is holding up without him it’s a huge luxury to have him in the front half. Becoming super dangerous in front of goal too

Not classified as professional sport. Only goes ahead when community sport is allowed, which it isn't during lockdown.
How can it not be considered a professional sport when the teams literally made up of professional footballers whose livelihoods and careers depend on it, joke of a decision

How can it not be considered a professional sport when the teams literally made up of professional footballers whose livelihoods and careers depend on it, joke of a decision
Generally half of the players playing in the VFL (let alone the standalone tenants) are normal people who have full time jobs and interact with the rest of the community. There’s no way it could have gone ahead. They’re not part of the ‘AFL bubble’.

The AFL teams can generally organise a combine sanctioned scratch match consisting of only AFL listed players against another club(s).

I would say it would’ve influence our decision to bring Treloar straight in as well.

A large part of the reason we lost the final v St Kilda last year was that Daniel was our playmaker and key distributor, and when Geary played a tagging role on him it threw us out of kilter. Moving him around makes that more unlikely.

A large part of the reason we lost the final v St Kilda last year was that Daniel was our playmaker and key distributor, and when Geary played a tagging role on him it threw us out of kilter. Moving him around makes that more unlikely.

The emergence of Bailey Dale this year helps too in that regard. I don't think we are as dependant on Daniel anymore. His last two weeks have been incredible though. Especially the Melbourne game.

Think about it....

If Daniel is used as that plus one/extra in the midfield... then who do the opposition tag?

Macrae? No.
Libba? Maybe.
Bont? Most likely.
Ads? not sure
Baz? No.
Dunks? No

So by the time they consider all those options, they really don't have time to consider Daniel when he is in the midfield mix... especially when they don't know when he will be added in their during the match....

The emergence of Bailey Dale this year helps too in that regard. I don't think we are as dependant on Daniel anymore. His last two weeks have been incredible though. Especially the Melbourne game.
He has been brilliant the past two games. Having his skill and decision making all over the field rather than just in the D50 also means he is much harder to tag. It is much easier to plunk a dud like Geary to do a tag when he is stationed in the D50.

Plus having Bailey Dale running 15m out of the goalsquare before bombing it another 50m is just a better option than the great wee-man struggling to clear the ball out of the D50.

With almost our strongest team (outside Keath, the rest are arguable) Bevo will start tinkering. Who knows, maybe Essendon will jump us while we’re confused and then go on with it.

…. Nah, we’ll smash em :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best team this year in my opinion.
Only missing Weightman and Keath out of our best 22. Martin and Gardner would be handy in that side to however we've shown we can still play strong without them.

West not even an emergency is a bit strange. Maybe he'll be the sub!

Imagine if at some point during the game Dunkley turns the ball over in D50 which sets up a Stringer goal then rips off his guernsey to reveal a Bombers guernsey underneath. That would have to be right up there for shock AFL betrayals. Imagine if his friendship with Treloar was all just an act.
Vince Russo is that you?

Our best team this year in my opinion.
Only missing Weightman and Keath out of our best 22. Martin and Gardner would be handy in that side to however we've shown we can still play strong without them.
Yep, forget all the noise about how many players on the list we have used. That's irrelevant. We need to be rolling into finals with our best players fit with some games under their belt.

Keath will be fine as the injury wasn't severe. Martin and Gardner I am a little more concerned about but otherwise we are cherry ripe.

Whats even more strange is that Lipinski was SUB last week and now not even emergency. Surely he’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not strange at all, we've done this throughout the season in order to get the sub a full game run in the 2s after a partial (or no) game as sub. No VFL this week but will likely be a praccy match for him to play in.

Strongest team since the early rounds.

Keath for Schache and Weightman for one of Scott/Garcia/Richards and you pretty much have it.

With Heppell and Langford out as well as McGrath still injured we've got to bank these 4 points.

Whats even more strange is that Lipinski was SUB last week and now not even emergency. Surely he’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He and Lewis Young were on the extended bench yesterday. Replaced by Khamis and Sweet today, not sure why

Remove this Banner Ad

Back