Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to drive to Aspendale for work this morning and I went past Mentone Grammar. I didn’t see him or anything, but I just thought to myself “oh, Jacob Edwards goes here”.
Funny you say that. I was driving past Mentone Grammar and didn't see you or Jacob but thought to myself "oh sruss drove through here and thought to himself about Jacob Edwards".

Funny, I drive past Arden Street sometimes, and I always think - Cameron Joyce used to work here, and there's a strange comfort in knowing that sruss and King Corey feel the same way

Am I right in thinking Edwards is out of contract at the end of the year? If so, can some bottom feeding douchebag (let’s call him Adrian for illustrative purposes) come along and offer Jacob a contract on a senior list at another club? If Jacob wanted to leave would we be forced into a trade?

Am I right in thinking Edwards is out of contract at the end of the year? If so, can some bottom feeding douchebag (let’s call him Adrian for illustrative purposes) come along and offer Jacob a contract on a senior list at another club? If Jacob wanted to leave would we be forced into a trade?
Marc McGowan put up an article 3 - 4 weeks ago in the Herald Sun saying we are gonna upgrade him to senior list on a 3 year deal

Marc McGowan put up an article 3 - 4 weeks ago in the Herald Sun saying we are gonna upgrade him to senior list on a 3 year deal
Well that’s good. Can another club come in from the side and make a counter offer in their senior list?

Well that’s good. Can another club come in from the side and make a counter offer in their senior list?

they could probably try but without some kind of bargaining chip like pick 1 in the PSD there's no way to get him without giving us what we want. he's not a free agent he can't just move clubs. frankly it's kind of a ridiculous proposition, by all reports he's enjoying being at the club

they could probably try but without some kind of bargaining chip like pick 1 in the PSD there's no way to get him without giving us what we want. he's not a free agent he can't just move clubs. frankly it's kind of a ridiculous proposition, by all reports he's enjoying being at the club

The same kid in his post-draft interview that said "I love this club" isn't leaving six months in. Would be an unprecedented level of scumminess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to wonder why he would bother to nominate for the MSD in the first place

Mid Season draft, first 3 picks were all Melbourne clubs and I dare say he was guaranteed we would pick him first, worst case, we dont and Hawks or Pies grab him.

Come draft time this year, there is no way he is going in lets say the top 8 picks, after that he could end up in NSW, QLD, SA or WA.

I would hazard as guess that this is why he bothered to nominate and be guaranteed to stay in his home state around family and friends.

Mid Season draft, first 3 picks were all Melbourne clubs and I dare say he was guaranteed we would pick him first, worst case, we dont and Hawks or Pies grab him.

Come draft time this year, there is no way he is going in lets say the top 8 picks, after that he could end up in NSW, QLD, SA or WA.

I would hazard as guess that this is why he bothered to nominate and be guaranteed to stay in his home state around family and friends.

Also guaranteed to get an extra $50k minimum more than he would have got if he had waited until the national draft. If we don't offer him an extension that is $70k. I'd imagine the extension to his first contract was agreed before draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back