Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, hush. You just wanted them to sign free agents like it's 2K roster building. Apart from re-signing Portis, what they most needed was another guard.

Patty chose the Nets. Payne stayed with the Suns. The better guards all signed for way more than the $5.9 mil Milwaukee could offer.

Here's who they could conceivably afford of the rest: Lou, Bruce Brown, Ish Smith, Rivers, Cory Joseph, Nunn, Oladipo, Terrance Davis, Neto & Hill.

Patty and Brown went to/stayed in New York. Nunn went to L.A. Payne stayed in Phoenix, Oladipo in Miami, Lou in Atlanta. The Bucks went with Hill.

I'd love to know what you think they should have done instead.

Where to start?

The comments you have made about the bucks in recent weeks perhaps.

A good overview of recent tight and dumb ownership (imho)

Why on earth would Philly do that?

Cause green is a similar player and they were the best team (seed) in the east with Ben. Drays leadership might help and the window might not be open forever. Embiid made of glass

Iirc the sixers starting 5 was the best stats wise in post season too

They hate Simmons so need to move him on ?

They'd get moody or something / steak knifes too

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furthermore what do you think they will get for Ben? Other teams are playing hard ball and he's not attending training

Maybe lillard but I doubt it.

It's a weird one hopefully it works out sooner rather than later
Green and Simmons are not all that similar outside of they are good defensive players they aren't scorers.

About 736 reasons why the 76ers wouldn't do it but the main ones.

Tobias needs to play at the 4, he is not a 3 and would be forced in to doing that if Draymond came over.
The whole reason they want to trade Simmons is because he is a max contract player that can't be the number 2 guy on a championship team, Green does not fix that.
Draymond is over 30 and on a fat contract.
The Sixers want spacing for Embiid and Draymond does nothing to fix that

Trading Simmons for Draymond is just a sideways move but for a much older player.

Green and Simmons are not all that similar outside of they are good defensive players they aren't scorers.

About 736 reasons why the 76ers wouldn't do it but the main ones.

Tobias needs to play at the 4, he is not a 3 and would be forced in to doing that if Draymond came over.
The whole reason they want to trade Simmons is because he is a max contract player that can't be the number 2 guy on a championship team, Green does not fix that.
Draymond is over 30 and on a fat contract.
The Sixers want spacing for Embiid and Draymond does nothing to fix that

Trading Simmons for Draymond is just a sideways move but for a much older player.

IMHO they are similar. Just Ben is generally better.

You didn't answer - what better / best offer are the sixers going to get?

I'm not an expert but it's a strange situation atm we are now post draft and he's not rocking up

IMHO they are similar. Just Ben is generally better.

You didn't answer - what better / best offer are the sixers going to get?

I'm not an expert but it's a strange situation atm we are now post draft and he's not rocking up
Hold him, he is contracted for 4 years still. IF that was the best they could get they would be better off not trading.

The reason they haven't traded him is because they have not gotten any offers they want, but i guarantee they can get better than Draymond and a couple young pieces.

Where to start?

Somewhere would be good!

You didn't answer my question - who should they have signed for $5.9 million?

The comments you have made about the bucks in recent weeks perhaps.

Don't recall saying much critical about the Bucks in recent weeks. Was more critical two years ago when they let Brogdon walk.

They could have pushed the boat out on Tucker, but two year deal is a risk at his age.

They paid Giannis, Middleton, Jrue and Bropez. Made the Jrue trade which people said was risky. Brought Portis back. Tried to trade for Bogdanovic. Shows some ambition IMO.

A good overview of recent tight and dumb ownership (imho)

And then there's this overnight: trading for Grayson Allen.

Considering folks thought there was a chance they'd be moved to Seattle, reckon they'll take a title and paying the luxury tax in a small market, don't you?

Boston prepared to offer Smart 4years/$77mill. Aint getting Beal next season if so.

Stevens you muppett.
I mean Beal still hasn't indicated he wants to leave, are they just supposed to wait around all year and hope and pray Beal does leave and chooses Boston?

Somewhere would be good!

You didn't answer my question - who should they have signed for $5.9 million?

Don't recall saying much critical about the Bucks in recent weeks. Was more critical two years ago when they let Brogdon walk.

They could have pushed the boat out on Tucker, but two year deal is a risk at his age.

They paid Giannis, Middleton, Jrue and Bropez. Made the Jrue trade which people said was risky. Brought Portis back. Tried to trade for Bogdanovic. Shows some ambition IMO.

And then there's this overnight: trading for Grayson Allen.

Considering folks thought there was a chance they'd be moved to Seattle, reckon they'll take a title and paying the luxury tax in a small market, don't you?

Allen is a nice fit.

Jrue/Allen/Middleton/Giannis/Lopez

Hill/Donte/Connoughton/Nwora/Portis

Bryant/Hood/Thanasis/Ojeley/Mamdi/Mamu

Last edited:
Hold him, he is contracted for 4 years still. IF that was the best they could get they would be better off not trading.

The reason they haven't traded him is because they have not gotten any offers they want, but i guarantee they can get better than Draymond and a couple young pieces.

What if he refuses to play like iggy - Memphis. Ad - Nola etc.

You could understand if he's not into it given the last few months

What if he refuses to play like iggy - Memphis. Ad - Nola etc.

You could understand if he's not into it given the last few months
He is contracted for 4 years as a mid 20 year old, if he does that he can kiss his career good bye...

I also couldn't understand it at all

That Franchise has been nothing but supportive to him, they have put up with his lack of effort to improve his game, they kept playing him when he went BACKWARDS as a scorer some how, the co star was supportive publicly time and time and time again.

After another complete failure to even try in the play offs they finally called him out on it and he wants to have a sook? Everything that is happening to him is his own fault, he was my favourite player and i have supported him time and time again. I still want him to succeed, but the blame sits squarely on his shoulders.

He is contracted for 4 years as a mid 20 year old, if he does that he can kiss his career good bye...

I also couldn't understand it at all

That Franchise has been nothing but supportive to him, they have put up with his lack of effort to improve his game, they kept playing him when he went BACKWARDS as a scorer some how, the co star was supportive publicly time and time and time again.

After another complete failure to even try in the play offs they finally called him out on it and he wants to have a sook? Everything that is happening to him is his own fault, he was my favourite player and i have supported him time and time again. I still want him to succeed, but the blame sits squarely on his shoulders.

Embiid the big soft made of glass girl, his coach and fans were bagging the s**t out of him.

Simmons wouldn't have to refuse to play just protest a bit like harden until he gets the move he wants.

Maybe the sixers will run it back. They should they were no.1 seed in east butnits hard to see with it turning out like that.

My guess is warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back