eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Been injured unfortunately, I’ve brought him back in because I feel he would have projected to be in most top 20s if he played any games like he had so far this year while playing for Metro. Ward was able to enhance his stocks and Long sadly didn’t get the opportunity due to injury, he could have sank playing from Metro though so he is certainly touch and go for me still.
Is he likely to play any footy before the draft?
Do you know the nature of his injury?

Doesn’t look like a strong year for key position players by the looks of your top 20.

Interesting what way we go on what we need

Last year (and maybe 2018-19 too) it was mentioned that this year's draft was a midfielder's draft.

My current further 10, any one of them I could make a case for going top 20

Mac Andrew
Jye Amiss
Cooper Murley
Jesse Motlop
Mitchell Knevitt
Zac Taylor
Tom Brown
Sam Butler
Josh Browne
Blake Howes

My current further 10, any one of them I could make a case for going top 20

Mac Andrew
Jye Amiss
Cooper Murley
Jesse Motlop
Mitchell Knevitt
Zac Taylor
Tom Brown
Sam Butler
Josh Browne
Blake Howes
Hey eDPS how would you compare/contrast Tom Brown to Oliver Henry?

G’day Knight Eagles first pick looks like being around pick 8.
Ben Hobbs pure inside mid & can find a lot of the ball,Josh Ward & Neil Erasmus all look being availabl.
Who do you see as being the best pick for Wc or is there someone else.
Bit if of a shame as it’s looking unlikely we are going to see much of these draft hopefuls play in the next couple of months

G’day Knight Eagles first pick looks like being around pick 8.
Ben Hobbs pure inside mid & can find a lot of the ball,Josh Ward & Neil Erasmus all look being availabl.
Who do you see as being the best pick for Wc or is there someone else.
Bit if of a shame as it’s looking unlikely we are going to see much of these draft hopefuls play in the next couple of months
Are you lost or confused?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Edps, interested to hear your thoughts on Mac Andrews. I've personally (as someone with a lot let expertise than yourself) got him top 5 or so with the potential to sneak into the elite top category with Darcy, Horne and Daicos. He's clearly an incredible athlete but on top of that his skills and the way he moves look about as good as you can ask for from a player of that size. All this in a draft with a lack of high end talls make him seriously stand of from the pack in my view.

Would love to know what knocks you've got on him to have him outside not only your top 10 but your top 20.

Hi Edps, interested to hear your thoughts on Mac Andrews. I've personally (as someone with a lot let expertise than yourself) got him top 5 or so with the potential to sneak into the elite top category with Darcy, Horne and Daicos. He's clearly an incredible athlete but on top of that his skills and the way he moves look about as good as you can ask for from a player of that size. All this in a draft with a lack of high end talls make him seriously stand of from the pack in my view.

Would love to know what knocks you've got on him to have him outside not only your top 10 but your top 20.
He is in the 15-30 range for me at the moment and could find his way into my top 20 next month still. He is very raw I can’t recall a player as raw as him being talked about as a top 10 pick in my time of covering the draft, he will take a very long time to reach his peak and when you have all these midfielders who will no doubt come on a lot quicker it would take a brave club to take him ahead of day a Ben Hobbs who could be a high level midfielder for over 10 years where as Mac could be one of the best talls in the game in half that time.

No doubting his athletic ability and talent but for me he is far to raw to even consider in the top 10 when you have so many midfielders in this draft impressing.

Last edited:
He is in the 15-30 range for me at the moment and could find his way into my top 20 next month still. He is very raw I can’t recall a player as raw as him being talked about as a top 10 pick in my time of covering the draft, he will take a very long time to reach his peak and when you have all these midfielders who will no doubt come on a lot quicker it would take a brave club to take him ahead of day a Ben Hobbs who could be a high level midfielder for over 10 years where as Mac could be one of the best talls in the game in half that time.

No doubting his athletic ability and talent but for me he is far to raw to even consider in the top 10 when you have so many midfielders in this draft impressing.
I’ve said pretty much the same on our board.

Always google to read one of the recognised draft watchers have the same opinion.

To me he’s reminiscent of Luke Jackson who was also pretty raw but extremely talented and a rare kind of player. While Jackson wasn’t rated particularly highly for a lot of the year he shot into that top tier late and has adapted to AFL level very quickly.

I’m expecting something similar from Andrew, especially with a few of those teams at the top stocked in the midfield and crying out for rucks and key position players. I’d be surprised if he gets past both Gold Coast and GWS if they hold their picks in the top 10.

To me he’s reminiscent of Luke Jackson who was also pretty raw but extremely talented and a rare kind of player. While Jackson wasn’t rated particularly highly for a lot of the year he shot into that top tier late and has adapted to AFL level very quickly.

I’m expecting something similar from Andrew, especially with a few of those teams at the top stocked in the midfield and crying out for rucks and key position players. I’d be surprised if he gets past both Gold Coast and GWS if they hold their picks in the top 10.
Body wise Jackson was a lot more advanced and ready to play senior football in his draft year with an extra 20kg atleast on Andrew.

Whose the last hyphenated surname player to be any good?

Lewis Roberts-Thompson without thinking too hard?
Davies-Uniacke has had a great year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back