OFFICIAL - Guns N' Roses reunion - Playing Coachella 2016

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Being in the pit at the MCG last time was a night to remember. I'll probably be there again.

I was in the furthest pit away on the ground and some songs sounded good while others were just distorted noise , half way through the gig me and my mates sat about 10 rows back from the ground and the sound was really good.

I think this time I'll go in the pit or in the first seated area on the ground.

Everyone I know who was that close to the front said it was good.

I have no complaints. Maybe it was different further back in GA and the stands.

I saw Foo Fighters at Marvel Stadium with the roof open. Sat in the nosebleeds. Didn't get into it as much, but I don't know it was because the sound wasn't that great or if I was so far away.
Pearl Jam's sound at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome (also outdoor) was incredible, though I was up closer there again.

I seen gunners twice ...but Axl and misfits ....sound was ok but they had 3 guitarists to cover slash lol.

Pearl jam are on another level live ...they are top notch live.

I seen gunners twice ...but Axl and misfits ....sound was ok but they had 3 guitarists to cover slash lol.

Pearl jam are on another level live ...they are top notch live.

I've seen a lot of gigs. But the 5 Pearl Jam shows I saw in Europe in 2018 were just beyond everything I've seen.
Terrific sound. Long setlists that frequently changed, with only a core group of hits played every time. Fan interaction. Intense crowd.
Simply one of the best live bands on the planet.

Only one GNR gig comes close, and that was the reunion gig in Vegas with Slash & Duff re-joining the band. The crowd was one of the best I've seen. I saw grown men crying. We had all been waiting so long!

Anyone who hasn't seen PJ live is missing out. But don't see a trimmed down setlist at a festival, go see them on tour if you can.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking at the seating for the MCG show it looks like it's just the pits at the front and then seating with no pits at the end of the ground.

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounded amazing last time, age has somewhat caught up with Axl but he can still hold his own.
The atmosphere and actual performance energy in stage separates the good band from the icons and Guns bring it in spades. Worth every single cent to see them put on a show.
FWIW Chinese democracy is their best album lyrically by a mile but their worst as far as production and arrangements.

Do the tickets go on sale today?
Nightrain members and Telstra Pre Sale are on sale today. Public on Thursday.

MCG Prices:
1606084367287.png

Yeah took me about 20 minutes but finally got there.
21 minute mark for me too when I finally was able to purchase. Now the year long wait.

If you have a Telstra account for your home phone and internet are you eligible for this pre-sale?
Yes. You should see it on the telstra rewards page of your account.

Tickets are locked in through Nightrain pre-sale. WTTJ package is expensive but well worth the experience. No long queues to get in to the ground, or to get merch, or for beers/food. Was plenty of space in the pit last time as well.
Added the refundable option because who the hell knows what/where/how we'll be in 12 months time!

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Need to see them this time after I missed in 2018

That used to be known as Silkworms, and was widely regarded as the worst song written during the CD sessions (the song, in a slightly different arrangement, was performed in 2001 and had leaked from time to time, though has never officially been released until yesterday).

They also have a song called Hard Skool that will be their next new song. Again, this is one for 20+ years ago although has never been performed live nor has it ever fully properly leaked (just various incomplete versions). Hard Skool has been on the set list for the last few shows just before the pandemic and on the shows since but hasn't been played yet, though it has been getting sound checked so shouldn't be too far) - it should be a much better song.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
That used to be known as Silkworms, and was widely regarded as the worst song written during the CD sessions (the song, in a slightly different arrangement, was performed in 2001 and had leaked from time to time, though has never officially been released until yesterday).

They also have a song called Hard Skool that will be their next new song. Again, this is one for 20+ years ago although has never been performed live nor has it ever fully properly leaked (just various incomplete versions). Hard Skool has been on the set list for the last few shows just before the pandemic and on the shows since but hasn't been played yet, though it has been getting sound checked so shouldn't be too far) - it should be a much better song.
Have you heard what sort of shows the upcoming tour of Aus (whenever that ends up being) are expected to be? Ie. is it a greatest hits tour, like the last one?

Have you heard what sort of shows the upcoming tour of Aus (whenever that ends up being) are expected to be? Ie. is it a greatest hits tour, like the last one?

They were branding it an 'all-new show', but largely the same format, just a few changes here and there. However, they have been sitting on a new album apparently for a year and a half so there's every chance they could be released by the time they get out here (whether that be November or beyond).

Here's the current setlist for their American tour for reference, with alts thrown in more and more as the tour progresses.

1628290728668.png

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
They were branding it an 'all-new show', but largely the same format, just a few changes here and there. However, they have been sitting on a new album apparently for a year and a half so there's every chance they could be released by the time they get out here (whether that be November or beyond).

Here's the current setlist for their American tour for reference, with alts thrown in more and more as the tour progresses.

View attachment 1198239
Cheers, will be interesting to see if it’s pushed back to next year. There was an article in the HS the other day suggesting that both the Guns and Kiss tours would be postponed.

I like it! The guitars are BIG in the mix. It's pretty good. not a memorable single per se, but would make a decent album track.

Yeah it's good, but not amazing. It has grown on me after a few listens.
Slash is obviously the star on this one.

Back