Preview Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn v Collingwood 8 August 2021, 2.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing 1 or 3 games over a career what have any affect on a players development

If he has a niggle fair enough but I'd rather the club say he is injured, watching our youth has been the only positive this year . He is 22 now the same age as Sam draper who is being player by essendon every week.

If he has a niggle fair enough but I'd rather the club say he is injured, watching our youth has been the only positive this year . He is 22 now the same age as Sam draper who is being player by essendon every week.
Essendon don't have a senior ruckman for him to compete with, nor do they have one that they may want to give the opportunity to impress possible suitors.

last year was a ******* s**t year

i wouldn't trade the enjoyment of watching pops and stratts finish up the way they did for any number of draft picks

at the end of the day, the game is just that — a game, and sometimes its about more than draft picks, or premierships. that game bought a smile to the faces of 100k hawks fans across the country and made a terrible situation for the world feel a bit better (at least for me), even if it was just for a few hours

I've watched the replay of that game 4 times

last year was a ******* sh*t year

i wouldn't trade the enjoyment of watching pops and stratts finish up the way they did for any number of draft picks

at the end of the day, the game is just that — a game, and sometimes its about more than draft picks, or premierships. that game bought a smile to the faces of 100k hawks fans across the country and made a terrible situation for the world feel a bit better (at least for me), even if it was just for a few hours

We also could have fielded our VFLW team that day and still won. GC were putrid. I’m glad we got some joy out of that game and had tears when Stratts got that goal. Those little cultural things go a long way.

Ps I think this might explain the ins. Clarko going all out to win the final 3 games, and why wouldn’t he.
I’m all for finishing the season strongly but it didn’t work for us in 2019. And given that the midfield as a whole has been performing better with Reeves rucking ahead of Ceglar, the selection of Ceglar is even more perplexing.

last year was a ******* sh*t year

Also saved Dylan Moores career and look where he is now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t honestly think that playing Ceglar this week is somehow going to increase his trade value do you?
It would depend how he plays the remaining 3 weeks

Teams aren’t stupid, they know what ceglar brings to the table, one or two good games to finish the year isn’t going to boost his value. I think if anything we’d struggle to find a suitor and can’t see us getting anything inside pick 50 for him
Thank You for being the voice of reason.
Seriously, what a player has produced over 5 years is going to be forgotten in 3 piss take games, spare me.

Thank You for being the voice of reason.
Seriously, what a player has produced over 5 years is going to be forgotten in 3 piss take games, spare me.
Plenty suggest that Dylan Moore saved his career with his performance against Gil Coast in a single pi55 game.

And plenty of teams chase players based on what they see in the State Leagues - without even the exposure of a pi55 game.

It would depend how he plays the remaining 3 weeks
So the opposite is also is true. If he puts in a stinker it could reduce his trade value. FWIW, I find it inconceivable that any recruiting department would place any stock on such a small body of work from a player that has been it the system for over a decade. Cegs ain’t fooling no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back