MRP / Trib. Joel Selwood....again

Remove this Banner Ad

Weeks?
Show me similar incidents where the bloke springs up to take his kick and the punishment was weeks?
Week max.
Brad Ebert on Harry Perryman in 2020

Sam Mayes bump on Josh Dunkley in 2020

Both Perryman and Dunkley got up and took there kicks without issue.

Possibly - but my point is I've never heard a statement from the MRO or a tribunal; 'because of the Herald Sun's report/opinion we have decided to....'

Of course the AFL media always have and will continue to suggest they have some influence on the process and outcomes in such matters, but in reality this is rarely the case...
The media's response very much impacts on the MRO. Earlier this year in the Port vs Bulldogs match we saw Jonas get fined for a tackle on Naughton. Naughton got up rubbing his head after he failed to dispose of the ball while trying to fend off a tackle. There was nothing at all said about Caleb Daniel pinning Robbie Gray's arms and putting his head into the ground.

Brad Ebert on Harry Perryman in 2020

Sam Mayes bump on Josh Dunkley in 2020

Both Perryman and Dunkley got up and took there kicks without issue.

Yeah I said he will get a week.
I said more than a week?
Old mate said Selwood HAS to get WEEKS.

Last edited:
The media's response very much impacts on the MRO. Earlier this year in the Port vs Bulldogs match we saw Jonas get fined for a tackle on Naughton. Naughton got up rubbing his head after he failed to dispose of the ball while trying to fend off a tackle. There was nothing at all said about Caleb Daniel pinning Robbie Gray's arms and putting his head into the ground.

Really, you think the media prompt the MRP/MRO to look at incidents, Oh OK - and you do realize that occasionally players get fined for indiscretions during games which are not reported in the media...?

How have you people still not learned yet?

It's Selwood, he'll get off. If by some miracle the MRP muster enough courage to give him a week, Selwood and Scott will immediately start crying to the media, head straight to the tribunal and get him off.

Selwood is protected, always has been and always will be.
Much like Buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$3000 dollar fine what a joke. Anyone who bumps and gets suspended needs to fight it from now on unfortunately everything he did was wrong except no concussion

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I called it. The AFL only care about outcome. They are fools. It was the same with Buddy, now the same with Selwood. They can get off their high horse about the head being sacrosanct.

Apply a tackle get a week. Elbow a guy in the head at his most vulnerable - well, you didn't break his jaw or knock him cold, so off you get. The AFL reminds me of Homer Simpson's parenting style:

But Marge, look at that hangdog expression. He's learned his lesson. Let's get him a present!

I called it. The AFL only care about outcome. They are fools. It was the same with Buddy, now the same with Selwood. They can get off their high horse about the head being sacrosanct.

Apply a tackle get a week. Elbow a guy in the head at his most vulnerable - well, you didn't break his jaw or knock him cold, so off you get. The AFL reminds me of Homer Simpson's parenting style:

But Marge, look at that hangdog expression. He's learned his lesson. Let's get him a present!

Worpel got a week for a dangerous tackle where no damage was done, and in the very same game a Swans player laid an even more dangerous tackle on him which did no damage and which wasnt penalised at all.

Outcome doesnt matter anywhere near as much as who did it.

Worpel got a week for a dangerous tackle where no damage was done, and in the very same game a Swans player laid an even more dangerous tackle on him which did no damage and which wasnt penalised at all.

Fair point. The Worpel decision is even more of a joke in light of the decisions that have come since.

AFL was doing you a favour - removing a crab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back