MRP / Trib. Joel Selwood....again

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke. Ben Long was made an example of last year and missed a final for the exact same thing.

Now this. Just pathetic from the MRP.

Here is actually what needs to happen: Get rid of Michael Christian and all the muppets on the tribunal, and replace them with non-footballing people.

Enough with this business about needing people who "understand what it means to play AFL" to be in charge of the disciplinary committee. Time after time they've failed, and continue to fail. There's no consistency, no logic, nothing. Ex-AFL players will always be more inclined to back their fellow players in, especially protected species like Selwood, and will always believe bs narratives like "Selwood is a champion player, and this is clearly a one off".

Disciplinary decisions need to be judged by non-footballing people without any pre-conceived biases. This should've been enforced after the Bachar Houli farce a few years back, but the AFL is too stupid to put basic pieces together.
Agree
Make the panel
A doctor, a nurse and a cop

I mean, good for Geelong with a cloud over Dangerfield for next week. But Selwood was lucky to get off from a few dodgy acts against the Dogs about six weeks ago. Right there, that's his reprimand and a bit lucky there to be frank. To do what he did last night, yeah if he was a cleanskin, maybe a fine. But he's not a cleanskin. I'm happy he got off as a Geelong supporter, but it's not right... simple as that.

I just hope he gets torn a new one regardless by the coach and leadership group. To lose last night was disappointing. To lose and have the other fallout from the game is horrible. And then for your captain to put himself in a position where he deserved a suspension, completely unnecessarily... that would have been a disaster.

There was nothing in it and the player got up instantly. Contact was made, but clearly low impact. Can never really understand the Selwood hate by opposition supporters? Must be envy? Greene on the other hand put a bloke out of the game and in hospital, it changed the game. He was lucky to get just get 2 weeks.

It was far from careless .... he lined him up ..... everyone can see that

If Taylor stays down for 10 secs Selwood gets weeks

Anyway having Selwood in the team is probably a worse outcome for Geelong ....... he is well past it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Selwood is a ******* grub. Will get off and you all know it.

hilarious all the media is taking about is the Greene one. Joke
Greene’s wasn’t as bad as Dangerfield on Vlaustin in the GF last year. How Selwood gets off that is phenomenal. Absolutely no intention other than to go for the head.

Here is actually what needs to happen: Get rid of Michael Christian and all the muppets on the tribunal, and replace them with non-footballing people.

Enough with this business about needing people who "understand what it means to play AFL" to be in charge of the disciplinary committee. Time after time they've failed, and continue to fail. There's no consistency, no logic, nothing. Ex-AFL players will always be more inclined to back their fellow players in, especially protected species like Selwood, and will always believe bs narratives like "Selwood is a champion player, and this is clearly a one off".

Disciplinary decisions need to be judged by non-footballing people without any pre-conceived biases. This should've been enforced after the Bachar Houli farce a few years back, but the AFL is too stupid to put basic pieces together.
Agree.

Simply employ someone who essentially has no footballing background at all in an ideal world. Employ a lawyer.

Can't wait for Gerard Whateley's big monologue Monday on radio or 360 about this and how the head should be protected at all times

If it is mentioned at all.

Whether Selwood deserves a week/s or not (could Selwood got lucky because the player jumped straight back up) I have been very surprised at the silence by the media!?
Greene was of course mentioned today, as he should, and then was expecting them to move onto analyzing Selwood's hit FROM THE SAME GAME and nothing.

I don't want to be melodramatic but really that's borderline corruption.

If it is mentioned at all.

Whether Selwood deserves a week/s or not (could Selwood got lucky because the player jumped straight back up) I have been very surprised at the silence by the media!?
Greene was of course mentioned today, as he should, and then was expecting them to move onto analyzing Selwood's hit FROM THE SAME GAME and nothing.

I don't want to be melodramatic but really that's borderline corruption.

Not borderline, it IS corruption pure and simple

I long for a clean AFL competition, the rules of the game being enforced correctly for EVERY team AND every player cops their right whack.

AFL has to appeal. Every message about concussion protocols and protecting head injuries just thrown out the window. What exactly is intentional if this isn't? His intent is clearly to make head high contact, didn't even disguise it.

Yep I'd love to hear the explanation on what constitutes "intentional" vs "careless" in this case. What a joke, if the AFL had any balls they would appeal the decision. Protect the head? How can you argue that you are protecting the head when players get off just because they were lucky enough not to have caused an injury? What sort of deterrent is that? AFL opening themselves up to future liabilities by failing to take it seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back