Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been brilliant the past two games. Having his skill and decision making all over the field rather than just in the D50 also means he is much harder to tag. It is much easier to plunk a dud like Geary to do a tag when he is stationed in the D50.

Plus having Bailey Dale running 15m out of the goalsquare before bombing it another 50m is just a better option than the great wee-man struggling to clear the ball out of the D50.
If Bailey Dale doesn’t make AA I will spew up!!

Imagine if at some point during the game Dunkley turns the ball over in D50 which sets up a Stringer goal then rips off his guernsey to reveal a Bombers guernsey underneath. That would have to be right up there for shock AFL betrayals. Imagine if his friendship with Treloar was all just an act.
Treloar could rip off his jumper too showing Collingwood underneath and yell "they were paying me all along!" and then they could participate in some weird 1 on 1 mini Anzac day.

A game within a game.

We really need to lock in a top 2 spot. I don’t want a situation where we finish 3rd and the Cats second, no crowds are allowed first week of finals and Cats banging on about playing at Kardinia Park.

Ideally but I'm confident we can beat Geelong at Kardinia Park even more so after what happened earlier in the year.

Ideally but I'm confident we can beat Geelong at Kardinia Park even more so after what happened earlier in the year.
Oh 100%, but at the end of the day the preference is not to. It would be a waste of our current season if we started week 1 in an away game at the cattery. It’s all about putting yourself in the best position.

Would have like to see West as the sub. He was BOG and Beco said he would reward good form at the lower level?

He certainly isn't best 22 yet and I think he struggles play a role. He is so used to being the man but at the AFL level he is behind a lot of players. Players like Garcia, Scott and Hannan are much more limited but seems like that is exactly what Bevo wants.

If he can keep developing he will play 10 years after Libba moves on but his biggest threat is Garcia - has come from nowhere to be ahead of him and prepared to play a selfless game and appears to put in more effort to play the job he is set.

West appears to be to do his own thing to show he deserves to be in the team. I hope I am not being unfair on the bloke - I am very confident he will make it.

Appears a fair mountain behind the best midfield in the game - he is a contested midfielder and so behind Libba and Dunkley and now Smith/Garcia.

At HFF Bevo likes the speed (we all wanted) that he gets from JJ and VDM and McNeil).

While it looks grim - he would have been stoked to play the games that Scott has played and there have been plenty of games on offer that he could have played he just needs to improve his maturity in the team and he will play those games.

Would have like to see West as the sub. He was BOG and Beco said he would reward good form at the lower level?

He certainly isn't best 22 yet and I think he struggles play a role. He is so used to being the man but at the AFL level he is behind a lot of players. Players like Garcia, Scott and Hannan are much more limited but seems like that is exactly what Bevo wants.

If he can keep developing he will play 10 years after Libba moves on but his biggest threat is Garcia - has come from nowhere to be ahead of him and prepared to play a selfless game and appears to put in more effort to play the job he is set.

West appears to be to do his own thing to show he deserves to be in the team. I hope I am not being unfair on the bloke - I am very confident he will make it.

Appears a fair mountain behind the best midfield in the game - he is a contested midfielder and so behind Libba and Dunkley and now Smith/Garcia.

At HFF Bevo likes the speed (we all wanted) that he gets from JJ and VDM and McNeil).

While it looks grim - he would have been stoked to play the games that Scott has played and there have been plenty of games on offer that he could have played he just needs to improve his maturity in the team and he will play those games.
Garcia and VDM are miles ahead of him. Both maturity and talent. Garcia is a gun.

Think about it....

If Daniel is used as that plus one/extra in the midfield... then who do the opposition tag?

Macrae? No.
Libba? Maybe.
Bont? Most likely.
Ads? not sure
Baz? No.
Dunks? No

So by the time they consider all those options, they really don't have time to consider Daniel when he is in the midfield mix... especially when they don't know when he will be added in their during the match....

Crows tried to tag Macrae last week

West has ability, but I've never seen a bloke miss the pace of the game so much. The ball appeared to ping around too quickly and pressure always there for him when he plays.

If we were a bottom of the ladder team it's the kind of player you cop that and give him 30 or 40 games to get up to speed. Just not what you can afford contending for the flag.

I really, really hope we belt Essington tomorrow. I've had so many messages from Bomber mates of mine who are really such smug pricks. Let's absolutely poleaxe these pricks...again.

Zero injuries first and foremost and the performance will take care of itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really, really hope we belt Essington tomorrow. I've had so many messages from Bomber mates of mine who are really such smug pricks. Let's absolutely poleaxe these pricks...again.

Haha, good joke

Essendon fans don’t have mates

How can they be so smug when their team has been our bitches for over a generation?

Surely we absolutely polax them. The difference in quality when you compare the 22s is staggering.

As a bonus I’d love to see the Bont dominate and Parish and Merrett play terribly just to further shove it in the arrogant (not sure how) bombers fans faces.

Dogs should win this and by plenty, almost full strength, it’s statement time.

Surely we absolutely polax them. The difference in quality when you compare the 22s is staggering.

As a bonus I’d love to see the Bont dominate and Parish and Merrett play terribly just to further shove it in the arrogant (not sure how) bombers fans faces.

Dogs should win this and by plenty, almost full strength, it’s statement time.
Agree. It’s another one of these games where we will need to show our new found maturity. In the previous three years we were always a risk to drop games badly against inferior sides. This year we have been much better at staying the course, showing up to play and even putting the foot down.

Lets hope that the potential minor premiership is really driving us through these last block of games.

The difference is Hannan, Gardiner and Smith are very limited and regularly get games ahead of much more talented players.
In your opinion, me I prefer the MC and coaches as they know exactly what’s going on as evidenced by or ladder position

I have always thought this narrative of coaches playing favourites is mind numbing nonsense. If playing favourites you mean following team rules and doing what the coaches ask then yes all coaches in the history of sport play favourites. if you mean they get picked because they bring an apple for the coaches or wash their cars then yeah nah

AFL or any sport has never been just about talent

He does not play like Scott, not disciplined enough IMO and doesn’t yet have the ability to play anywhere on the ground like Scott

In your opinion, me I prefer the MC and coaches as they know exactly what’s going on as evidenced by or ladder position

I have always thought this narrative of coaches playing favourites is mind numbing nonsense. If playing favourites you mean following team rules and doing what the coaches ask then yes all coaches in the history of sport play favourites. if you mean they get picked because they bring an apple for the coaches or wash their cars then yeah nah

AFL or any sport has never been just about talent

Yeap all good. Just hope Hannan, Gardiner and Smith are only back ups for injuries no way best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back