Autopsy Round 21 = Hawthorn 97-78 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron's marking weakness is Cox's strength and vice versa. Cameron is good at standing still and plucking a mark while Cox's best is on the lead. Unless Cameron can improve his leading he'll only ever a be bit part forward.

i think that’s right. Cameron is a part time forward / ruckman. Cannot be our main Target.

Elliott cannot be the key forward either.

I think once we get the big banana, things will look much better.

Defensive or offensive, it doesn't matter. We were losing anyway. I would rather see Collingwood play attacking footy and lose than play boring defensive footy and prolong the agony.
I think for a young team if you’re talking about development it’s more important to impart defensive know how. It’s the less natural and more important part of the game.

We needs skill and speed and footy brains if we want to play like globetrotters.

It was obvious from the first 15 minutes that we were off. Missing targets, dropping marks, hopeless moving inside 50. Missed the final 3 quarters due to work, but it looks like that was the game right there. Disappointing. Hawthorn took our game away from us and made us look very ordinary indeed.

Make a Difference when the Opposition actually Tries

Holy sh*t the hate to Grundy is unreal. He was by far the best ruckman on ground, playing against 2 quality opponents. Took solid marks. Set up our clearances superbly with taps and grunt work. It's not his fault we win nearly every centre bounce in the first quarter and lose the game to turnover.

Today shows why we need a full coaching clean out. We just let them have their way, and some of our senior players should be ashamed with their decision making. When our first year players are hitting up better passes than Sidey and Thomas it's a big problem.
I'm not one of the Grundy Haters but Ceglar was clearly the better ruckman today imv. Grundy gives his all has has great stats but this often doesn't translate to any significant advantage to our side. There's an ongoing Grundy issue that needs working out... it wont just go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not one of the Grundy Haters but Ceglar was clearly the better ruckman today imv. Grundy gives his all has has great stats but this often doesn't translate to any significant advantage to our side. There's an ongoing Grundy issue that needs working out... it wont just go away.

Still don't know why we got rid of Ceglar

Why are we constantly blaming Grundy, Mayne, Beams and Treloar for not being Wayne Carey and Chris Judd?

it’s this shocking Board and team management at the club (that remains at the club) that are the culprits.

kudos to Grundy. Get your million. Embarrassing list management.

Those that know me well know how made passionate I am. I watch the first qtr - watched Adams & Grundy spud it up and didn’t watch a single minute for the rest of the game. Don’t want to know, don’t fu**en care and not the slightest bit interested in if but or what’s and the same piss poor reasons why! Bucks for me is the best coach, having good cattle is what supports it!

Done for the year.

Sorry edit- one other thing - we lost to Hawthorn. lolololololololol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can give up if you like, but I bleed black and white and therefore I stick phat through thick and thin. If all our supporters stop caring then the club would sooner or later cease to exist.

It was obvious from the first 15 minutes that we were off. Missing targets, dropping marks, hopeless moving inside 50. Missed the final 3 quarters due to work, but it looks like that was the game right there. Disappointing. Hawthorn took our game away from us and made us look very ordinary indeed.

Agreed the entire first half was woeful but things got better.

The second half was more enjoyable viewing if only because we saw glimpses of a promising future. Ginn, Macrae, & Ηenry did some nice things. Credit to Harvey for finding a way to stop the slaughter.

We were 3 goals down with 8 minutes to go and had all the momentum. If it wasn't for a vintage Sidebottom over the head handpass that went straight to a Hawthorn player and resulted in a goal we were even a long chance of stealing it.

We lack leadership on-field when things aren't going our way. We don't need a Harlem globetrotter in those moments, we need a steadying influence.

Grundy needs to be played differently. I'd try Lynch in the ruck and him as a CHF. Make him win games for us to earn the moviestar salary.

We even saw a Howe speccy again. He's still got it!

Last edited:
Didn't get to watch a lot of the game, but it went pretty much how I expected. Clarko has had a fun time coaching against teams this year and loves shitting on whatever plans the opponent had coming in. Set up brilliantly behind the ball, cut off our speed and ball movement and hit the counter with speed and skill.

Young, average teams are going to have their ups and downs, and this was a down day. Harvey was taken to school and put in a substitute teachers performance in the first half. To the credit of the team and coach, the second half looked respectable. I still wish he had flipped things around earlier, encourage the switch a little more as opposed to playing down the line. It felt like (for the bits I watched) that the risky kick through the middle had disappeared and we looked more conservative with our ball use, which is a bit of a shame.

Oh well, onward and upward.
I think one of the big issues is that we switch it so slowly and predictably that we may as well not bother switching at all, because the opposition are set up on the other flank by the time the ball gets there.

i think that’s right. Cameron is a part time forward / ruckman. Cannot be our main Target.

Elliott cannot be the key forward either.

I think once we get the big banana, things will look much better.
Elliott was 1 versus two or 3 all day. The big banana we get is going to have to be better than any other big banana running around for any team at the moment.

Anyone who thinks Buckley would have made a difference today has clearly wiped the last 10 years from their mind.

Clarkson owned Buckley and leads the head to head 10-2.

We would of Lossed by More under Bucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back