MMA-UFC UFC 265 - Lewis vs Gane - August 7 (Sunday in Aus)

Good to see Lewis really focus on training and get better over the last few years. Good to see fighters not rest on their laurels and not give up when they hit a brick wall in their career. Hope he wins.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm still not sure why there is a belt
If you're not Conor you don't get more than a month of grace.

I knew that was going to be bad after the first minute. Lewis had quit (in my uneducated opinion) as soon as he copped that leg kick.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
How was this card overall? Luque and aldo getting wins but realistically probably both still one or two wins away from title shots. Hopefully Gane and Ngannou happens as soon as possible. Really was a pointless interm title
It was decent. Some really good fights on the undercard/prelim and some impressive performances on the main.

There was an enormous ability gap in the Gane/Lewis fight but being heavyweight (and especially being Lewis), that still didn't make it a foregone conclusion. Lewis didn't turn up though, and that has to be up there with Vettori and Costa as the worst title fight performance of recent years.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Gane v Ngannou will be a good fight but what the HW division could have been had they done Jones v Ngannou while Gane was building up. Big miss imo

Jones v Stipe
Gane v Ngannou

If the UFC dont pull stupid sh*t that is

Makes a lot of sense, I feel like Jones should beat Stipe easily, have always thought that but I have no idea what Jones will come back like, been a long layoff.

Gane very impressive today, so were Luque and Aldo as well, I missed the prelims but I was entertained enough.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How was this card overall? Luque and aldo getting wins but realistically probably both still one or two wins away from title shots. Hopefully Gane and Ngannou happens as soon as possible. Really was a pointless interm title
The green Fiziev fight was almost one of the best of all time. Didn't have the blood or the knockdowns but if you got fight pass go back and watch it. Both of em are animals

Fizievs body kicks are so ******* fast

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
The green Fiziev fight was almost one of the best of all time. Didn't have the blood or the knockdowns but if you got fight pass go back and watch it. Both of em are animals

Fizievs body kicks are so ******* fast
I only watched the prelims so i saw that one. Great fight. I don’t remember seeing Fiziev before. Going to have to keep an eye on him

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I only watched the prelims so i saw that one. Great fight. I don’t remember seeing Fiziev before. Going to have to keep an eye on him
That guy fights with such pace and aggression lol. He's like Colby or Max with more crazy

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
got bored...went for a dump...did I miss anything ?

Lewis got 8 sig. strikes...Beast didn't turn up then...

Disagree. He turned up but was never really a chance so long as Gane didn't make a silly mistake, which he didn't. People should remember Blades was outclassing and beating Lewis up just as badly before stupidly rushing in when he shouldn't have. Gane was never going to be so impatient.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Disagree. He turned up but was never really a chance so long as Gane didn't make a silly mistake, which he didn't. People should remember Blades was outclassing and beating Lewis up just as badly before stupidly rushing in when he shouldn't have. Gane was never going to be so impatient.
Travis Browne was working him over as well before being KO'd. It's just what Lewis does and when it comes off it's spectacular, when it doesn't...well we just saw. He would likely have gone down as the most limited fighter to ever hold a belt.

Back