List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see both sides of it. I think ultimately, the money we saved from Wright is the most important thing that hasn't played a factor yet. Let's see if it can help us sign King, Rankine Luko ect next season.
This could very well be the thing. If it locks up that batch, it's a winning transaction.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
We'd have been better off paying and playing Wright AND Corbett

and not paying 400k for Atkins who has given next to nothing and won't be best 22 going forward!
Atkins was a s**t call I've said that from the start, don't see any reasoning behind that. Lyons was a poor call and I tried to defend Dew and co but it's undefendable. Wright I don't care that he is gone. I don't want to watch him getting beaten in the air 4 out of 5 times by someone 15kgs lighter and 8cm shorter then him.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
We'd have been better off paying and playing Wright AND Corbett

and not paying 400k for Atkins who has given next to nothing and won't be best 22 going forward!
Agree. There’re totally different players. He’s a genuine 2nd tall who can go into the ruck. He rucked against McInerney and nullified him when Essendon were without a ruck.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Atkins was a sh*t call I've said that from the start, don't see any reasoning behind that. Lyons was a poor call and I tried to defend Dew and co but it's undefendable. Wright I don't care that he is gone. I don't want to watch him getting beaten in the air 4 out of 5 times by someone 15kgs lighter and 8cm shorter then him.
You obviously don't understand that our biggest deficiency has been and is the inability to score goals.
We are a team of half back flankers with 2 decent KPP's(King and Collins)
Wright always has had the capacity to score bags
Whether you care or not the rest of the football world is laughing at us again tonight

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
You obviously don't understand that our biggest deficiency has been and is the inability to score goals.
We are a team of half back flankers with 2 decent KPP's
Wright always has had the capacity to score bags
Whether you care or not the rest of the football world is laughing at us again tonight
He has? Only kicked over 3 goals once for us. Not exactly bags, happy for him and he played well today but those performances never came for us.

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tyrone vickery kicked 6 goals in a game. Lets not get worked up over one game. I hope he does make it but he was overpaid and underperforming. He was also very one dimensional. I wpuldnt lose sleep over him leaving or playing a decent game.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I remember people being gobsmacked when Lyons left, but I don't remember too many people kicking and screaming when Pete left.

Mostly just the idea of not getting good enough return.
There were mountains of posts during the season last year about why he wasn't playing and how he'd walk for zilch while Day did his usual something followed by weeks of nothing

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tyrone vickery kicked 6 goals in a game. Lets not get worked up over one game. I hope he does make it but he was overpaid and underperforming. He was also very one dimensional. I wpuldnt lose sleep over him leaving or playing a decent game.
He's had 8 games this year alone where he's kicked 2 goals or more.I'm not sure Sam Day has done that 8 times in his entire career.

Last edited:

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kyle reimers and darren bewick also kicked 8 goals each!

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Geez, prior to today he's kicked 18 goals in 17 games. This board would have been pulling their hair out over a season like that.

I'm very comfortable with him not in the team.
Exactly, 15 of those goals came from 7 matches. Still as inconsistent as he always has been. 8 games he was held goaless,( 2 of those where played in the ruck) but still. King has been held goaless half that

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Exactly, 15 of those goals came from 7 matches. Still as inconsistent as he always has been. 8 games he was held goaless,( 2 of those where played in the ruck) but still. King has been held goaless half that
He’s not your number 1 key forward but a very good 2nd tall who can ruck.
58 goals for us in his 2nd / 3rd seasons with Lynch taking the best defender.
As it stands who is our 2nd tall forward down the track? Corbett is a good 3rd tall.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
popcorn-eating-popcorn.gif

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's had 8 games this year alone where he's kicked more than 2 goals.I'm not sure Sam Day has done that 8 times in his entire career.

And yet was averaging a goal a game? And day was on no where near the contract he was on. Imo neither him or day were the future so no issue with it.

LiveTheDream73

Debutant
Apr 18, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Players fall out of favour and look for opportunity. That happens and he has played better at Essendon. Still 23 and a lot of upside. My issue is that we are paying for him to play at Essendon because the numpties overpay to keep players then don’t play them

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Back