AFL Club
Melbourne
lmao-crying-laughing.gif

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't see the whole game so I can't comment on the standard of umpiring overall on the night, but watching that as an isolated incident, it just has to be a 50. Then the audacity of the umpire to say that the Eagles player was delaying the game after giving the Melbourne guy a nudge was absolutely and utterly ridiculous.
It shouldn't matter at all if the Eagles got more frees overall on the night, (and trust me I hate the Eagles as much as anyone after that dodgy free to Shuey in extra time in the 2017 EF), if the free is there, and in this case it absolutely was, you have to call it.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
50m should've been paid against Petty before he wasted 12 seconds hatching the ball like an egg. You can't tackle a player who has marked the ball to ground.

The problem is that the umpires let players get away 99% of the time with so they keep doing it. As obvious as that decision was they weren't going to pay it with a minute to go when the game was live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing how twitchy Melbourne supporters are on this website is always a joy. Even on some nuffy mainboard thread. Never change you beautiful people.

Seeing how twitchy Melbourne supporters are on this website is always a joy. Even on some nuffy mainboard thread. Never change you beautiful people.
Free kick count 28-16 against on the road in Perth after a week of true hotel quarantine because the AFL stuffed up the resort booking plus a once in seven years lightning strike to give the player most known for struggling with his endurance a free 30min rest 5mins into Q4 but apparently the Eagles got the rough end of their statistically significant pineapple. Spare me.

Free kick count 28-16 against on the road in Perth after a week of true hotel quarantine because the AFL stuffed up the resort booking plus a once in seven years lightning strike to give the player most known for struggling with his endurance a free 30min rest 5mins into Q4 but apparently the Eagles got the rough end of their statistically significant pineapple. Spare me.

Is this a parody take? Or a real comment. Genuinely can't tell!

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I didn't see the whole game so I can't comment on the standard of umpiring overall on the night, but watching that as an isolated incident, it just has to be a 50. Then the audacity of the umpire to say that the Eagles player was delaying the game after giving the Melbourne guy a nudge was absolutely and utterly ridiculous.
It shouldn't matter at all if the Eagles got more frees overall on the night, (and trust me I hate the Eagles as much as anyone after that dodgy free to Shuey in extra time in the 2017 EF), if the free is there, and in this case it absolutely was, you have to call it.

yeah nah..Dees were owed a few

It’s an absolute disgrace how WC are favoured by umpires at home.

It’s quite disgusting and I’m fed up with it all.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
50m should've been paid against Petty before he wasted 12 seconds hatching the ball like an egg. You can't tackle a player who has marked the ball to ground.

The problem is that the umpires let players get away 99% of the time with so they keep doing it. As obvious as that decision was they weren't going to pay it with a minute to go when the game was live.

if it was up to WC fans there would be a 50 paid every 3 mins and you’d kick 20 goals a game from set shots in the goal square

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
bwhahahahah just take the W and move on.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Couldn't agree more. Happens every week. You want faster game play, penalize this, it slows down play at least three-four times per quarter in each game
Happens more often than that. If they were harsher on it in previous years they may not have needed the stand rule

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Happens more often than that. If they were harsher on it in previous years they may not have needed the stand rule

I actually miss the old days when the marker or the free kick recipient and their opponent used to greco-roman wrestle or enagage in a push-me/shove-you square dance for 10 seconds or so before the umps would insist they get on with the game. Most of it was great theater...

What did come out of tonight's game will be a great future trivia question; 'What is the longest quarter in the history of game?'...

Last edited:

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forget the standing on the mark bulldust... 50 metre if a player doesn't roll off the ball instantly / get up instantly / points to the obvious free kick recipient before he throws it back / throws the ball high in the air... that will speed up the game. And stop it being annoying as hell to watch as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back