2021/22 French football / Uber Eats Ligue 1 - Still not a farmers league thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Offical discussion thread for all things French football & Ligue 1 related thread!

Teams below that make up this season's Ligue 1:

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 2.26.15 pm.png Ligue 1 2021/2022

Relegated: Nimes, Dijon (Nantes stay up after winning relegation playoff)
Promoted: Troyes, Clermont

Round 1 has already been played:

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 2.28.30 pm.png

Should be an interesting season. Obviously if PSG sign Messi there's no way anyone can possibly compete in this league. Lille have had their championship winning team gradually whittled away and are likely to drop right off.

My predictions are:

1. PSG
2. Monaco
3. Marseille
4. Lille
5. Lyon
6. Rennes
7. Nice
8. Metz
9. St Etienne
10. Strasbourg (a bit optimistic lol)
11. Lens
12. Bordeaux
13. Angers
14. Reims
15. Troyes
16. Brest
17. Nantes
18. Montpellier
19 Lorient
20. Clermont

Golden Boot: Messi (if he signs) - Mbappe (if he stays)
Cup: Marseille

Love watching this league with all of the quality young players on display. Hoping that it doesn't become a giant whitewash but unfortunately it looks like PSG could be getting 110 points plus this season.

Fixtures for Round 2:

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 2.39.16 pm.png

Hopefully my team can pinch an unlikely win away at PSG :)

Nope, still not a farmers league. Even though the official name of the league makes it sound like it’s a farmers league.

If Messi comes and Mbappe stays it definitely aint no farmers league lol. How PSG can fit that in by complying with FFP regulations is obviously farcical but they'll probably go ahead and do it anyway.

38 wins out of 38 with Neymar/Mbappe/Messi up front with Di Maria/Icardi as backups?

Disappointing that Deschamps wasn't given the flick after Euro 2021:

Time for a change for me, I would have brought in the great man Zizou to manage.

If Messi comes and Mbappe stays it definitely aint no farmers league lol. How PSG can fit that in by complying with FFP regulations is obviously farcical but they'll probably go ahead and do it anyway.

38 wins out of 38 with Neymar/Mbappe/Messi up front with Di Maria/Icardi as backups?

Probablt not even with Messi as injuries/fatigue/resting players (during the CL knockout rounds) will occur but a 30 win league campaign would definitely be on the cards.

Probablt not even with Messi as injuries/fatigue/resting players (during the CL knockout rounds) will occur but a 30 win league campaign would definitely be on the cards.

I hope they get the s**t kicked out of them when they visit RC Strasbourg. I would have been there this hear at Xmas time if not for covid.

Pretty much the entire French football community now despises PSG. I still say they get a record points total if Messi & Mbappe play for them this year, that more than covers Neymar for his annual "injury" holiday that coincidentally falls around the time of his sisters birthday.

Why would mbappe leave neymar and Messi to play with failed Brazilian wonderkids at rm?

He will stay this season is my guess to join the dream team. I would not be shocked if he signs a new psg deal

Why would mbappe leave neymar and Messi to play with failed Brazilian wonderkids at rm?

He will stay this season is my guess to join the dream team. I would not be shocked if he signs a new psg deal

Messi & Neymar wont be around in 5-7 years at Mbappes peak so thats a non factor. All reports say he isnt happy to spend the best years of his career in Ligue 1.
Guess now he might consider a new deal if given the same terms of uo to 85 million euros a season that Messi gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do remember who manages them yeah?

All is not well at PSG. Messi refusing to shake Poch's hand after being subbed:

Missed the game on the weekend with a knee injury and could also miss the oil derby with City mid week.

Also this from the weekend game:

Having said that they're still winning every game lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back