Redman suspended for tackling "The Bont"

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see the argument that Redman's may be slightly more forceful. However at worst if Redman is getting suspended on medium impact then Smith should have low impact

Difference is the reaction of Bont looking for a free, Merrett just get on with playing footy. Both should be holding the ball and that’s the end of It.

The Bonty Ballerina princess milked it and got up and gave a handball straight away.

APPEAL!!!!
100% The only thing that could have been considered a fine or suspension in that incident is the staging by the Bont.

Christian has lost the plot, it wasn’t even a free kick and you could see the Bont jump straight to his feet as soon as he knew he had sucked in the ump.

As for Selwood it was intentional, a bump and to the head. Under their rules he had plenty of alternatives but chose to bump.

They may as well come out and show us the table we don’t know about, the protected species table with full discounts.

System is ****ed! The sooner Christian is punted from this role and a complete overhau

Difference is the reaction of Bont looking for a free, Merrett just get on with playing footy. Both should be holding the ball and that’s the end of It.
Think Merrett is looking at the umpire at the end of the video

I remember that incident in the game and being angry that a free wasn't paid for holding the ball. And I hate Essendon.

What a joke.
HTB is a thing of the past.You can have plenty of time to dispose of it, be tackled 720, drop the ball and then still get a free for holding the man.

HTB is a thing of the past.You can have plenty of time to dispose of it, be tackled 720, drop the ball and then still get a free for holding the man.
holding the man when tackling someone that had possession.....**** i hate that rule.

I remember that incident in the game and being angry that a free wasn't paid for holding the ball. And I hate Essendon.

What a joke.
The HTM paid to Riewoldt v Jordan Butts this year was the worst of all time. No video footage, just this image. Can anyone post the clip?

Attachments

• 20210530001546163643-original-scaled.jpg
    20210530001546163643-original-scaled.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 77

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more so when they drop it without even trying to dispose of it

It is the worst umpired rule in the game
two rules i'd change in tackles
Landing in the back is not a push in the back.
If a tackle starts whilst ball is in hand, you can't get pinged for finishing it after they dispose.

But i like tackling in the game. AFL does not. so whatever

AFL making an argument based on how good and tough the Bont is:

Haha

Starting to think they actually tried to suspend him for having the ability to tackle the brave Bont to ground

Gleeson's a lawyer, spin is his job.
Agree but objectively it’s poor for the AFL representative to be gargling his balls at the tribunal especially considering equal incidents across this game and other on the weekend didnt even make it there

*Sigh it’s going to be a umpire festival of celebration of Footscray this finals series ….again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back