Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Kayo finally updated its "We'll be right back music". The old tune was doing my head in. I'm sure the new Jamiroquai-esque will eventually too, but so glad a change has been made.

Yes small world problems, but if you disagree this isn't huge then fite me.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Kayo finally updated its "We'll be right back music". The old tune was doing my head in. I'm sure the new Jamiroquai-esque will eventually too, but so glad a change has been made.

Yes small world problems, but if you disagree this isn't huge then fite me.

I haven't heard the new one yet, but I liked the old tune. So much so that I shazammed it to add to my mellow beats playlist.

Having said that, happy to hear they've changed it so it won't get stale for me.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Anyone else use Kayo app on a samsung tv and have terrible picture quality? I complained to kayo and they said the samsung tv determines the incoming quality of the stream (which I find BS), but I get better incoming quality on both my tablet and pc.

Are you using Chromecast and streaming it from your phone? I have a Samsung TV, admittedly a pretty old one (2010) and I get a terrible picture from Kayo.

ShaunWDT

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
no dramas here on a Samsung tv, picture is perfect
If you have a slightly outdated Samsung TV it runs terrible, definitely has a clear impact while using some of the lower end TV's that I own, random buffering and whatever you're watching going back to the start out of nowhere, very irritating

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Dont think Xbox has even been discussed, I just went and bought a Chromecast has Kayo installed and haven't had one issue.
I have an actual box so it doesn't bother that much. But it just baffles me that it took so long. The second there's an Xbox app I will cancel my Foxtel subscription

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I have an actual box so it doesn't bother that much. But it just baffles me that it took so long. The second there's an Xbox app I will cancel my Foxtel subscription

Same. I'm waiting for the end of the footy season to cancel Foxtel (at last!) and get a new TV (I've got an old one, so no access to Kayo).

If you have a slightly outdated Samsung TV it runs terrible, definitely has a clear impact while using some of the lower end TV's that I own, random buffering and whatever you're watching going back to the start out of nowhere, very irritating

Same!!! Well I have new and older TVs. Wait i run kayo both off a very new apple tv console. anyway the random buff and then going back a few seconds also occurs.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Same!!! Well I have new and older TVs. Wait i run kayo both off a very new apple tv console. anyway the random buff and then going back a few seconds also occurs.

As someone said upthread, the secret to the random buffer is to watch it on the channels rather than the highlighted link on the front page. Scroll down to the bottom and you see the Foxtel channels - they don't buffer.

As someone said upthread, the secret to the random buffer is to watch it on the channels rather than the highlighted link on the front page. Scroll down to the bottom and you see the Foxtel channels - they don't buffer.
Thank you friend!

*pats swingdog on the head*

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mine does that occasionally , normally find if I watch on the live channel its fine though.

wasupwidat

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lakers
As someone who used to work within the customer service team until they offshored everyone, I am very surprised they actually released an app for Playstation. It became a joke within our team when it would eventually release as it was meant to be ready in 2018. The developers ended up leaving for another job mid way through the build and they never bothered to replace them instead opting to focus on Binge.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Have a LG TV I bought about 18 months ago, just seems odd that there isn't a Kayo app.

I can airplay it from my iPhone to the TV because it has AirPlay but it's just choppy. Anyone know if this issue would be resolved with a chromecast or is this just how Kayo is? Really don't want to pay full wicket for Foxtel again.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Have a LG TV I bought about 18 months ago, just seems odd that there isn't a Kayo app.

I can airplay it from my iPhone to the TV because it has AirPlay but it's just choppy. Anyone know if this issue would be resolved with a chromecast or is this just how Kayo is? Really don't want to pay full wicket for Foxtel again.
Airplay 1 or Airplay 2? If 1, get a chromecast. If 2, it's probably your WIFI. Got a chromecast and used Airplay 2 in the past with no issues at all.

Back