FTA-TV Footy Classified

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where the hell are the people advising Eddie? I get he can't see past himself but surely there's people in his life and those he employs that should be pointing out that this is a subject he stays 100 miles away from.
I disagree.
Purely because people that have been intimately involved with such issues (from both "good" and "bad" involvement) can give an insight that many can't. I might not agree with some of them, but I'm ok to hear from them because you can't learn and be better if you don't.

Might not fit in with "cancel culture", but with human behaviour, those who don't learn from and remember the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I disagree.
Purely because people that have been intimately involved with such issues (from both "good" and "bad" involvement) can give an insight that many can't. I might not agree with some of them, but I'm ok to hear from them because you can't learn and be better if you don't.

Might not fit in with "cancel culture", but with human behaviour, those who don't learn from and remember the past, are doomed to repeat it.

For someone who has spent three quarters of his life in media, he's extremely naive when it comes to what he says and the reaction it will have.

He plays dumb when caught or pulled up for his comments, but can't escape the fact he has serious foot in mouth. Repeatedly.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where the hell are the people advising Eddie? I get he can't see past himself but surely there's people in his life and those he employs that should be pointing out that this is a subject he stays 100 miles away from.
His wife could tell him this and he would still ignore her. Eddie all about himself. It’s never his fault. We saw it with the Goodes racism. How many excuses did he give rather than owning up to his mistake.
“it was a slip of the tongue”
“I didn’t mean what I said”
“I was on painkillers”
“I was tired and hadn’t had enough sleep”.

He is a disgrace.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I disagree.

100%. I thought it was a good discussion last night about it. I find it strange in an era where we talk about rehabilitating and second chances, that we're quick to go back to being black and white "one chance and you're done" mentality when it comes to this. A footy player can go to jail and be forgiven more.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Ross was reluctant to admit it but all signs point to him taking the Carlton coaching job or at least being a candidate for it.

Caro seems to think so from what she said tonight and she would know better than anyone.

They've played some grabs from SEN - to categorically say he's not interested in Collingwood and digging the boots re misalignment at that Club, and then saying he'd entertain an approach from Carlton, does suggest he's right up there.

Apr 13, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
They've played some grabs from SEN - to categorically say he's not interested in Collingwood and digging the boots re misalignment at that Club, and then saying he'd entertain an approach from Carlton, does suggest he's right up there.

Did he really say he'd entertain an approach from Carlton wile a fellow coach still has a job there? If he did, what a disgrace and how well matched he is to that place

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Did he really say he'd entertain an approach from Carlton wile a fellow coach still has a job there? If he did, what a disgrace and how well matched he is to that place

Ugh, everything is premised with IF David Teague was axed. What person in their right mind wouldn’t preface their public comments about any interest by saying that regardless, there is a current coach and that position remains until something different announced.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He did start of by saying David Teague is struggling and we need to respect that....... So he is in the clear 👍

Clark G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Ross Lyon was respectful in terms of talking about the Carlton job, he spoke hypothetically. He also mentioned that if Carlton was to look for another coach, if the key metric was premiership cups and Clarkson was available, logically Clarkson would be ahead of him in the race.

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL
The last two weeks have been very good imo, it usually is around finals time as each team gets a bit of attention plus the fallout for the failures comes to fruition

Back