Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think our public health care system is amongst the best in the world, especially given that access to it is not governed by the size of your wallet.

Not saying that it hasn't got significant room for improvement or that state government spending hundreds of millions on, say, a new basketball stadium would be better directed towards improving staffing numbers in hospitals.

Just saying that called it 'f’ed' is simply not true.

Ok, it has significant room for improvement then.

I actually think our public health care system is amongst the best in the world, especially given that access to it is not governed by the size of your wallet.

Not saying that it hasn't got significant room for improvement or that state government spending hundreds of millions on, say, a new basketball stadium would be better directed towards improving staffing numbers in hospitals.

Just saying that called it 'f’ed' is simply not true.

Until that money is spent in the right place paying the people that need to be paid, the health system is F'kd! Due to lack of doctors and equipment. I can understand ramping in a catastrophic event that cause many injuires to people needing medical attention, but to have ramping now is in-excusable to me.

I am not saying that the health system processes are F'd, cause it is not, but you need more people to handle the influx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurrier finally starting to get called out as the idiot campaigner she actually is.

When was the health advice NSW should have locked down again?

Nicola is sitting in a state with zero cases. What they are doing is making sure there's nothing in the community we don't know about basing that on 3 weeks that may be needed for someone to show signs of infection and start spreading the virus. I don't see the problem.
We have seen states such as NSW and Victoria first time around show us what happens when you try and take short cuts.

Nicola has a problem with her job and that is the better she is at it the less evidence there is that she's good at it.

I run cabs my business hurts but it hurts a hell of a lot less than friends in Sydney/Melbourne/Florida/Texas/London/California

This is why I'm an advocate for zero you don't try and manage it. We were absolutely booming for 6 months before Gladys stuffed up. We get back to zero and things boom again. We try and manage it we get the same results as everyone overseas.

The athletes set foot in Sydney airport as far as I'm concerned they do 14 days quarantine here. That's a reflection on Gladys and the job she has done not Nicola.

Imagine constantly slamming the decisions of Marshall, Stevens and Spurrier when our lives as South Australians have been incredibly normal compared to basically everywhere else in the world.

The vaccine rollout has been poor but through most of the planning phase we were pre-delta and we were cruising. Yes, we should all be vaccinated by now, but it certainly didn't feel that urgent a few months ago.

What has killed it this time isn't the lack of vaccine rollout, it's that the NSW govt backed themselves into a corner politically and waited a week too long when in every other state they'd have just locked down immediately and killed their cluster inside a fortnight.

What is the context of these deaths though? Are the people very old? Do they have pre existing conditions?

How many Covid deaths have been attributed to fit and healthy people? Not many I'd suggest.

The fully vaccinated death in NSW was a 90 year old man. Of all the fully vaccinated people likely to be vulnerable, you'd think it would likely be people in that age bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back