BBL 2021/22 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hurricanes are pretty awful with their news. According to NT news they have signed an all rounder called Josh Kann from Darwin via Queensland. Looking at his Aus U-19 & QLD U-23 scorecards looks like he was picked as a bowler but didn't bowl much. On Mycricket he has scored a lot of runs in first grade but not so much in the T20.

The Hurricanes are pretty awful with their news. According to NT news they have signed an all rounder called Josh Kann from Darwin via Queensland. Looking at his Aus U-19 & QLD U-23 scorecards looks like he was picked as a bowler but didn't bowl much. On Mycricket he has scored a lot of runs in first grade but not so much in the T20.
Caleb Jewell back too according to their Facebook page...

Edit: Though that is a re-signing not a new player.

Jewell joins Scott Boland, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Peter Handscomb, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Wil Parker, D’Arcy Short, Matthew Wade and Mac Wright as players currently contracted to the Hurricanes for KFC BBL|11.

At least they have all the important players signed anyway. Just nail the international signings for once!

Did very well with the bat in the Qld Premier Cricket T20 comp last season. Averaged 47 at strike rate of 197.5

Hobart have signed Joel Paris which is a decent pick up if his body can hold up.

Wade
Short
McDermott
*overseas batsman*
Handscomb
David
*overseas all rounder*
Ellis
Boland/Paris
Meredith
*overseas spinner*

Good side if they can get the international signings right

Dominating Darwin league at the moment

Hobart have signed Joel Paris which is a decent pick up if his body can hold up.

Wade
Short
McDermott
*overseas batsman*
Handscomb
David
*overseas all rounder*
Ellis
Boland/Paris
Meredith
*overseas spinner*

Good side if they can get the international signings right
Who would you recommend for our international signings?

Who would you recommend for our international signings?

Comes down to availability with the international schedule which I am not across.

I think Sandeep back would be ok as a spinner if the availability is there. He is exposed to the BBL now and not as effective as when he started but at least you know he is capable at the level which a lot of the international signings for Hobart across the years have not been.

Comes down to availability with the international schedule which I am not across.

I think Sandeep back would be ok as a spinner if the availability is there. He is exposed to the BBL now and not as effective as when he started but at least you know he is capable at the level which a lot of the international signings for Hobart across the years have not been.
Yeah, the majority of our internationals have been failures. Colin Ingram didn't do badly with the bat last year. I wouldn't mind us signing him again.

I'd say an Afghanistani spinner might be a chance for Hobart, seeing as the Afghans are coming over for a test, they should make the most of it. Zahir Khan or Qais Ahmed maybe?

I watched a bit of the T10 league or whatever it was in Dubai and some pretty ordinary stuff there. Even the guy that played for Heat and did ok was very questionable. I think Sandeep is a bit better than Ahmed based on their previous stints.

I'd say an Afghanistani spinner might be a chance for Hobart, seeing as the Afghans are coming over for a test, they should make the most of it. Zahir Khan or Qais Ahmed maybe?

Given the whole Afghan team will claim asylum while on tour, should be a few blokes to choose from for T20 ;)

Paris a good replacement for Faulkner - lefty who swings the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Thunder squad is building nicely
Sydney Thunder BBL Squad

Head Coach: Trevor Bayliss

Assistant Coach: Shawn Bradstreet, Chandika Hathurusinghe

Contracted for BBL|11: Jonathan Cook, Ben Cutting, Ollie Davies, Brendan Doggett, Matthew Gilkes, Chris Green, Alex Hales, Baxter Holt, Usman Khawaja, Nathan McAndrew, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha, Chris Tremain

No new signings for Hobart but they have locked some players in long term.

Wade until 2024
McDermott until 2024
Ellis until 2023

I've always thought it was surprising the Heat haven't come hard at McDermott, a good player to have locked in long term. Wade will be 36 at the end of his deal, maybe a year too many. Short would be the next guy they would want to get committed.

Thunder are going for English internationals, signing Saqib Mahmood

Sydney Thunder BBL|11 Squad
Head Coach: Trevor Bayliss
Assistant Coach: Shawn Bradstreet, Chandika Hathurusinghe
Contracted for BBL|11: Usman Khawaja (C), Sam Billings (ENG), Jonathan Cook, Ben Cutting, Ollie Davies, Brendan Doggett, Matthew Gilkes, Chris Green, Alex Hales (ENG), Baxter Holt, Saqib Mahmood (ENG), Nathan McAndrew, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha, Tanveer Sangha, Chris Tremain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back