Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
FB_IMG_1628747627205.jpg

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Nope. Woeful keeper. Comically bad. Hope he signs for Arsenal.
I can’t believe Sheffield United haven’t accept the offer. Not often you get a mulligan in the transfer market.
How so? Because he was part of a relegated team? He was supposedly the 14th ranked keeper in the PL despite being in the 20th team. Hardly comically bad. Was also called up to England.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Why spend that amount on a back up keeper though. That's just gross negligence for me. What does everyone else's back up keeper cost? We have Adrian who was brought in on a free and Kelleher is our No.2 who came through our youth system.

Haha
Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Why spend that amount on a back up keeper though. That's just gross negligence for me. What does everyone else's back up keeper cost? We have Adrian who was brought in on a free and Kelleher is our No.2 who came through our youth system.
Ours cost £72m

Possibly because he's not brought in with a long-term view of being a backup keeper, but more someone that in the right environment could become a really talented keeper?

Not quite sure I see the difference in spending 30m on a backup keeper and 30m on any other promising young player you ease into the side.

You spent 12m on Tsimikas who is only going to get into the side because of Robbo's injury. Ramsdale has PL experience and English tax on top of that.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Possibly because he's not brought in with a long-term view of being a backup keeper, but more someone that in the right environment could become a really talented keeper?

Not quite sure I see the difference in spending 30m on a backup keeper and 30m on any other promising young player you ease into the side.

You spent 12m on Tsimikas who is only going to get into the side because of Robbo's injury. Ramsdale has PL experience and English tax on top of that.
Tsimikas is an outfield player so totally different.

And oh... I didnt realise Arsenal were buying him to become their No.1. Awkward haha.

Tsimikas is an outfield player so totally different.

And oh... I didnt realise Arsenal were buying him to become their No.1. Awkward haha.

Why else do you think someone signs a player? Do you really think a team would buy a player with the intention of not seeing them progress into the first team?

And this caught my attention last night, seems that Ryan’s representatives approached Arsenal for a permanent deal. He ticks a lot of boxes for the second choice keeper, in terms of experience, costs etc. That’s come and gone now.

Martinez was home grown. Hindsight is a wonderful thing given the reports Leno may want to leave or not extend.
A very good keeper to boot.
Wasn't their biggest weakness last season their defence?
I'd have thought strongest area. Only Chelsea and City had better defences than the Gunners with 36 and 32 conceded respectively. They had 39.
The friendly on the weekend they looked a bit toothless in the final third... and this was a Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez and Reguilon back 4 :drunk:

Ceballos and Odegaard were only loans. Lacazette up front and Aubameyang on the left hasn't worked, the former winding down his contract as well.
80m on a backup GK (admittedly Ramsdale appears to be falling through) and CB when Onana was cheaper and they haven't even used their 30m CB - William Saliba - is nuts for a side needing CM, AM/ST and fullback?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
If Arsenal wanted an English keeper they should have got Tom Heaton for free and put £30m into the front half of the side where it is needed.

Arsenal need to shift PEA or Lacazette or both and reinvest in that area of the field. Hard to do given their ages and wages though.

Martinez was home grown. Hindsight is a wonderful thing given the reports Leno may want to leave or not extend.
A very good keeper to boot.

I'd have thought strongest area. Only Chelsea and City had better defences than the Gunners with 36 and 32 conceded respectively. They had 39.
The friendly on the weekend they looked a bit toothless in the final third... and this was a Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez and Reguilon back 4 :drunk:

Ceballos and Odegaard were only loans. Lacazette up front and Aubameyang on the left hasn't worked, the former winding down his contract as well.
80m on a backup GK (admittedly Ramsdale appears to be falling through) and CB when Onana was cheaper and they haven't even used their 30m CB - William Saliba - is nuts for a side needing CM, AM/ST and fullback?

Yeah like I said clearly I stopped paying much attention to Arsenal second half of the season. :p

If Arsenal wanted an English keeper they should have got Tom Heaton for free and put £30m into the front half of the side where it is needed.

Arsenal need to shift PEA or Lacazette or both and reinvest in that area of the field. Hard to do given their ages and wages though.

Why on earth would you get Tom Heaton when he's just moved to United to be third choice and clearly on his last legs? The whole point of bringing in Ramsdale would be bringing in a potential future England international, not England's past.

Having trouble shifting Torreira, Guendouzi and probably half a dozen other driftwood.
Makes bringing guys in hard. No cash recouped and spots being tight.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Why on earth would you get Tom Heaton when he's just moved to United to be third choice and clearly on his last legs? The whole point of bringing in Ramsdale would be bringing in a potential future England international, not England's past.
Because they have more pressing priorities at the other end of the pitch they need to sort out. Bringing in a capable keeper on a free allows them to spend that money on the midfield and final third and delay the need to buy a keeper by 12 months.

Erm yes. Squad players are bought all the time. Are you ok? Haha

My god you are actually entirely incapable of holding a conversation without becoming an insufferable campaigner. Teams buy young/fringe players all the time with the intention of bringing them into the first team. Are you seriously suggesting teams sign players with no intention of them playing in the first team? Whether they do or don't in the end is not what I'm saying.

Because they have more pressing priorities at the other end of the pitch they need to sort out. Bringing in a capable keeper on a free allows them to spend that money on the midfield and final third and delay the need to buy a keeper by 12 months.

I don't disagree, but your point about 'if they want an English keeper' why do you think they'd want an English keeper other than the possible future England international potential?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Having trouble shifting Torreira, Guendouzi and probably half a dozen other driftwood.
Makes bringing guys in hard. No cash recouped and spots being tight.
United are in a similar spot. Guys are on too much coin and so the mid tier prem teams don't want them.

Southampton were desperate for Brandon Williams on loan but they wouldn't pay his wages and United's request for a £5m loan fee as combined it would have made him a top 3 paid player at the club.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
My god you are actually entirely incapable of holding a conversation without becoming an insufferable campaigner. Teams buy young/fringe players all the time with the intention of bringing them into the first time. Are you seriously suggesting teams sign players with no intention of them playing in the first team? Whether they do or don't in the end is not what I'm saying.
Almost all outfield players play in the first team. But a first team players is a starting XI type player. Squad players are bought all the time as back ups to the better players in the squad.

Im unsure how you dont know this.

United are in a similar spot. Guys are on too much coin and so the mid tier prem teams don't want them.

Southampton were desperate for Brandon Williams on loan but they wouldn't pay his wages and United's request for a £5m loan fee as combined it would have made him a top 3 paid player at the club.

Is he still likely to head to Norwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back