AFLW Port Adelaide AFLW Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh fu** right off.

This is the sort of board room decision that caused all our identity issues when we entered the AFL.

******* idiots.

Freo’s pink chevron is (was?) as corny af.

I get the marketers want a point of difference and blah blah blah, but it unintentionally cheapens the idea of being fully-integrated as a senior team representing the football club, etc.

it unintentionally cheapens the idea of being fully-integrated as a senior team representing the football club

Exactly! It brands them as 'other', as something not the same as the men's team.
Dare I say it, something lesser.

I'm sure they've done 'due diligence' and asked a few plods from the cheer squad and elderly Magpies coterie to get the boxes checked, so it'll all be good. Probably.

Freo’s pink chevron is (was?) as corny af.

I get the marketers want a point of difference and blah blah blah, but it unintentionally cheapens the idea of being fully-integrated as a senior team representing the football club, etc.
I strongly disagree.

I think it cements that the common colours amongst all our teams are black and white.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. I’m suggesting moving away from teal and silver to strength black and white as our main colours.

I picked magenta and blue due their historic connections. There is no need to bring colours that are unrelated to the club.

The nickname “Magentas” would reinforce such a link with the club’s past. It would also allow the team to be known as “Maggies” — another historic connection.

The magenta [away] jumper, I brought it precisely because it is not new. We have already played in both magenta and pink.

It is a jumper I think the Power should have as well — if not only for training or preseason. I have no clue why our AFLW couldn’t have it.

The club could launch both together, even.
^^^

Has anyone ever suggested the prison bars in a different colour? Maybe magenta instead of white? Someone could do a mock up? Thanks in advance!
1628769311705.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just stick with the normal bib guernseys ffs. We have enough identity/guernsey problems right now.

Couldn’t agree more. This is the chance to consolidate our identity not add more.
I’m sure the marketing gurus want to add colours or changes to make revenue but to me the men and women’s are the same and we continue to push to wear the PBs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think we will go down the magenta path - I think it will either be the predominantly teal one that was in the advertising, or the modified chevron as posted above. But if we do add magenta I'm fine with it.

Would love to see the men rock out in magenta as a heritage jumper from time to time too. We were represented in magenta for 17 years, winning three flags in it (more flags than St Kilda or Footscray have won in their entire history), and it was good enough for us then.

But they also do like pink.
It's funny, my daughter started playing football for Glenunga FC on the first girls season a few years back. The club's traditional colours are double blue, very similar to Sturt. For the girls' guernseys, they added pink to the chagrin and cringe of many parents (including me). The girls loved it and it actually made the guernseys better looking.

It's funny, my daughter started playing football for Glenunga FC on the first girls season a few years back. The club's traditional colours are double blue, very similar to Sturt. For the girls' guernseys, they added pink to the chagrin and cringe of many parents (including me). The girls loved it and it actually made the guernseys better looking.
This doesn't surprise me at all. The idea that pink is somehow negative I find bizarre. It's a shade of red.

If the club reads these threads please keep the playing kits the same as the mens we don't need more muddying of the waters on guernsey issues.
Let’s do that with the reserves, also, then. Even Collingwood would be happy. Port Adelaide Power. Teal. Chevron.

Done. No identity issues.Problem solved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back