Past #32: Jacob Edwards - drafted w/ #1 in '20 MSD - delisted end '23 w/ 0 NM games & 0 NM goals

NORTH Melbourne is closing in on an extension for exciting tall Jacob Edwards, while St Kilda is poised to re-sign fellow NAB AFL Mid-Season Draftee Cooper Sharman.

Edwards, taken with pick No.1 in the June intake, joined the Roos on a six-month contract but talks will soon be finalised to see him locked away for the future.

Sneaky chance for a teaser game to close out the season next week? We might need to blood him if we win this week and need to lose next week

Reckon there is zero chance it happens to be honest.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Fair enough. On the face of it it's pretty dumb, but I genuinely believe even the shaving of their hair servers a purpose and as long as they aren't also bringing out the paddles, dildos, and blindfolds then I don't have any issue with it.
Zondor doesn't get down the club often these days

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice. Thought it might've been a year longer but that effectively signs him up for 2 years as if he was a 2021 national draft selection.
I don't mind it, the guy has only played one vfl game, I don't doubt he would win an extension if he has a good year in 2022.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I don't mind it, the guy has only played one vfl game, I don't doubt he would win an extension if he has a good year in 2022.

This is true but it's quite common for first rounders to extend their initial deals before playing a game. No biggy of course, would've guessed at 1 more year but neither here nor there in the long run.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice. Thought it might've been a year longer but that effectively signs him up for 2 years as if he was a 2021 national draft selection.
me too, but don't let's forget the bonus $50,000 for finishing year 12. Something similar would have suited me back in the day

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
me too, but don't let's forget the bonus $50,000 for finishing year 12. Something similar would have suited me back in the day

50k for 1 vfl game and a handful of training sessions.

It’s like a signing on bonus.

Back