Review Round 22 vs Essendon @ Alphabet Stadium (Sunday 15.08.2021 - 3:20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowes gets promoted in replace of Ellis.

After playing as the medical substitute last week, Jack Bowes has been promoted back into the 22 in place of the injured Brandon Ellis.

Emergencies for the match will be Rory Atkins, Will Brodie, Alex Davies and Sam Flanders, with one of those four to be confirmed as this week’s medical substitute prior to the bounce.

Didn't things end in a not so friendly way when Barlow left our club? I can already feel the stitch up coming...
Barlow got told his time is up but he knew his writing was on the wall at freo (Hence he played as a tagger for a bit). He understands his situation at the suns.

But yes VFL Senior coach, umpiring? Weird

Paying Rory Atkins 400k? a year to be a full time sub sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of things befuddle me and this is one of them..........I still can't understand why we signed Rory Atkins.....the position he plays is not one of need....

Has anyone got a suggestion as to why?
Position he plays was kind of needed at the time.
An outside runner who is a nice kick, can kick a king goal. A more attacking winger to pair with Ellis.
In saying that.

the club had paid a fair amount to recruit Jeremy sharp who does literally this, I’m not sure they recognised how fast he was going to comeon.

can’t fathom the long deal for Atkins. Give him 2 years. Sure, would have been ok with that. He knows he’s got to make an impact straight away and works hard from day dot.

give him 4 years - very strange. That takes him through to the end of his career. He can coast - exactly what he did prior to getting here. Now one year and 400k in and provided literally nothing.

98% thought this was a terrible deal from the beginning. Wonder how it passed muster within the recruiting team.

98% thought this was a terrible deal from the beginning. Wonder how it passed muster within the recruiting team.

Wonder if was sorted out very early in the season and promises made to agent and player that club felt they had to stick to given our success (lack thereof) in getting players to move north. Find it hard to believe that they ended last season and thought we really needed Atkins for that long on that money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back