Trades Round 22 Fantasy Trades. (No forced trades please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many players does everyone still have from their R1 team, including bench ?

For me it is 5
Laird, Short, Macrae, Taranto, Grundy
(also Danger who I had in R1, but traded out when he got suspended in R1)

Fair list turnaround
Laird, Short, Daniel, Zerrett, Taranto, Walsh, Gawn, plus Danger as a reentrent.

So 7 + 1*

RBW_007

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts
21 players named before trade. Thanks for your service of 1 week and 0 total points Mills. Oh look Lloyds out. Perfect. Might avoid players based in NSW next year.

fu** it. Going to get Graham and Touk in. I'll loop Graham and even if he doesn't score well his low break even will get me to something next week.

Would have been nice to use the cash from my fattened cows in Amartey, Brockman, West, Scott, Connolly, Briggs and Bianco but it's another week of dealing with so called keepers
I have Stewart. I hate this game.

edit - I also have Connolly and Briggs as my only cover.

Harfer

Debutant
Jul 16, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many players does everyone still have from their R1 team, including bench ?

For me it is 5
Laird, Short, Macrae, Taranto, Grundy
(also Danger who I had in R1, but traded out when he got suspended in R1)

Fair list turnaround

Laird, Short, Macrae, Zerrett, Taranto, Grundy, Dangerfield (Briggs, Bianco, Saunders, Meek)

Not quite sure how I feel about that - on one hand, all my trades focused on the players I got wrong (Rowell, Dow, Brockman, Phillips, Howe) while rooks like Flynn, Gulden, Powell, Jordan, Dusty :tearsofjoy: were serviceable.

Saunders has been the only player who hasn't played a single game this season, but he has been my preferred C option for looping those VCs.

I had more than enough trades to sort out my team, and I messed up.

:crossmark:Trading in Tex in R4 for a 99, 74, 76, 38 & 20
:crossmark:Paying $100k more for Bailey Smith when I could've gotten Darcy Parish (I chose Smith cos I didn't trust Parish to take his game to the next level...my wife chose Parish cos she's an Essendon supporter... guess who won that battle? :drunk:)
:crossmark:Trading in Lazzarro, Rantall, FinMac that never eventuated as cash gen opportunities and resulted in sideways trades to other spud rooks (Rantall was $172K when I traded him out :tearsofjoy:)
:crossmark:Wasted an upgrade on Ridley for his concussion game :'(, while a downgrade to Heeney backfired after his big score of 134
:crossmark:Trading in Houston/Haynes seemed like genius ideas at the time
:crossmark:Traded in Sidebottom for his run of underwhelming scores & felt like a winner with Pendles taking his scores...traded out Sidey before Pendles got injured
:crossmark:Whitfield .... twice I traded him in .... wasted 3 trades to get him in, throw him out, and then get him back in again. Haven't been impressed with any of those decisions. Should've just settled on Crisp instead for a safer option of having some sort of stability in that backline.

This was a fun exercise of learning what not to do.

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Random 2k-ranked weirdo with none of Mills, Lloyd, Stewart, Brayshaw etc. is going to find himself with a hat.
Feeling personally attacked there 😉

Was sitting back in absolute awe that I'd managed to avoid the carnage this week until the news of Stew out.

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
With all these injuries to high ownership players the top ranked teams are going to put up some dodgy scores this week.

Random 2k-ranked weirdo with none of Mills, Lloyd, Stewart, Brayshaw etc. is going to find himself with a hat.

Probably be one of my RDT or Fantasy main opponents - none of which have ANY injuries or outs to deal with this week....

Seriously, WTF?

RBW_007

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts
So with Lloyd, Mills and now Stewart out I've had to now go Stewart and Mills to Whitfield and Graham.

With 22 players playing, I'm now forced to play Brockman, who is due for a big one :rolleyes:

Could've been Briggs or Connolly or West or Scott, who I didn't need last week, but have all managed to be named out this week as well.

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
Feeling personally attacked there 😉

Was sitting back in absolute awe that I'd managed to avoid the carnage this week until the news of Stew out.

I literally have none of the outs this week (apart from bench rookies), which is quite amazing.

Probably why my team is ranked a lowly 2600.

Weirdly, I also haven’t owned Sharpe or Bramble.

Probably why my team is ranked a lowly 2600.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sooo.....for me this week

RO'B
Mills
Stewart
Lloyd
Brayshaw
Greene

After 2 trades I only have 1 donut but I have to field 4 rookies (again)

Bye rounds are fun aren't they.............

*Edit...was looking much worse with Neale, Danger and Jelly. Thank god they were named

Bloody hell, lucky I checked the news re Stewart. Oh well, with Lloyd out Caleb Daniel earned a reprieve. With Stew out, Lachie ******* Hunter earns one too.

Lloyd -> Whitfield
Stewart -> J.Kelly via DPP

Yeesh, this season…

You know what, screw it. I’ve changed my mind already. As good as the Giants boys look tonight I’m going to pass and load up on Brisbane players against the Magpies instead. That game should be a mark fest and I fancy the Pies have nearly had enough of season 2021. So…

Lloyd -> Rich
Stewart -> Zorko via DPP

That is all

DustyTiggers

All Australian
May 4, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Rich and Neale in, stew and bramble out. Not at all confident on Neale but doesn't really matter at this point. Let the circus continue.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
So I needed to bring in 2 defenders this week to replace Lloyd and Hind

Lloyd to Rich was a fail

Now for the second trade, only have 650k to spend so options are:
A) Witherden
No Hurn and eagles should win quite easily. Takes kick-ins. But there is nothing worse than watching soft campaigners when the struggle.

B) Salem
Averaging 90+ but recent form is bad. Was great earlier in the year though. Always gets cheap points from May kick-ins.

C) Harmes
Has a midfield role and is good for 20+ touches so maybe he is less prone to having a stinker? But I have previously owned him this year for a mediocre return.

So who do I get? Ah what's the point, whoever I bring in will spud up and Hind will go 110+ when I finally trade him

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Lloyd to Rich was a fail

A) Witherden
No Hurn and eagles should win quite easily. Takes kick-ins. But there is nothing worse than watching soft campaigners when the struggle.

B) Salem
Averaging 90+ but recent form is bad. Was great earlier in the year though. Always gets cheap points from May kick-ins.

C) Harmes
Has a midfield role and is good for 20+ touches so maybe he is less prone to having a stinker? But I have previously owned him this year for a mediocre return.

So who do I get? Ah what's the point, whoever I bring in will spud up and Hind will go 110+ when I finally trade him
Why not Witherden. At least he has a ceiling.

Lloyd to Rich was a fail

A) Witherden

B) Salem

C) Harmes

Bring in steele, touk or lyons or don't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back