Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wrapped we got this bloke in the draft. Reckon if they played NAB League last year, he would have gone top 20. I think most of us were big on Hollands for our first pick, but based purely on YouTube highlights (dangerous I know), Ford looked his equal. Could also play in midfield at some stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How bloody exciting is this kid.
He just feels like a North Melbourne player too!!!
Was overlooked, underrated, almost forgotten. Comes out swinging, and cracks in... and is starting to make people take notice.
10 score involvements from 11 disposals, and the leader for goal assists on the field.

wait until he gets another 2 preseasons under his belt... the steal of the draft, no doubt about it.

This kid takes the game by the throat and does what he wants with the ball.

His confidence is top tier and what our side needs if we want to take our game to the next level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 2022 and beyond what is our best fwd half combination.

F)Zurhaar. Larkey. Mahoney

HF)Horne. Comben. Ford

Wingmen) Thomas & Stevo

I/C) Curtis/Spicer

Curtis interchangeable with Ford
Spicer with Mahoney...

???

looks a talented group, and quickly has gone from a team weakness to a team strength.

This kid takes the game by the throat and does what he wants with the ball.

His confidence is top tier and what our side needs if we want to take our game to the next level
the goals are great, but his forward craft in general stands out - his goal assist for Zurhaar was literally flawless, quick turn and go off the mark, perfectly weighted kick to advantage. Can football

the goals are great, but his forward craft in general stands out - his goal assist for Zurhaar was literally flawless, quick turn and go off the mark, perfectly weighted kick to advantage. Can football
I agree, it’s like he already knows what he is going to do with the ball before he gets it.

ever since his first ever touch when he took on the geelong players, I knew that he is gonna be a gem.

big preseason, oh boy getting excited

I think back to the GR draftee highlights package of this kid last year, it was one of the most impressive of the 2020 draft class. I could not wrap my head around the fact he lasted to our 5th pick.

Super impressive how he’s been able to rise to the level so quickly in what is arguably the hardest position on the ground to play (especially in our forward line).

I think back to the GR draftee highlights package of this kid last year, it was one of the most impressive of the 2020 draft class. I could not wrap my head around the fact he lasted to our 5th pick.

Super impressive how he’s been able to rise to the level so quickly in what is arguably the hardest position on the ground to play (especially in our forward line).
Just getting drafted at all last year was a good effort considering how few were taken. If he played for Sandringham or Oakleigh instead of the Jets he probably goes in the 20s.

were there any knocks on him attitudinally? could have just been the lack of exposure re COVID? but I agree, hard to fathom at 56, given he can play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back